Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Christer K - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-21, 16:26)KRKA01 Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 15:58)Christer K Wrote: Hi all.

I follwed the instructions that Gr8rtek wrote and I got stuck at #15

"15. Double-click the file named buildmingwlibs.bat"

The cmd window says " Path cannot be found"

I suppose I could change the path in the .bat, but I need to know what to insert

/Christer

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the Microsoft DirectX SDK that are mentioned in the prereq. and by the way, if you only are going to create an installer, you can skip step 14 - 16.

//Krister

Sweet name Wink

Skipped 14 -16 and when I´m going for step 27 it prompts me "Error! Visual Studio .NET 2010 Express was not found"

I just used VS 2010 Express in the earlier step.. Confused

/Christer

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - KRKA01 - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-21, 17:10)Christer K Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 16:26)KRKA01 Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 15:58)Christer K Wrote: Hi all.

I follwed the instructions that Gr8rtek wrote and I got stuck at #15

"15. Double-click the file named buildmingwlibs.bat"

The cmd window says " Path cannot be found"

I suppose I could change the path in the .bat, but I need to know what to insert

/Christer

Check if you can start

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the Microsoft DirectX SDK that are mentioned in the prereq. and by the way, if you only are going to create an installer, you can skip step 14 - 16.

//Krister

Sweet name Wink

Skipped 14 -16 and when I´m going for step 27 it prompts me "Error! Visual Studio .NET 2010 Express was not found"

/Christer

In project\Win32BuildSetup\BuildSetup.bat you have the following lines to check if VS 2010 exist:

Code:
IF %comp%==vs2010 (
  IF "%VS100COMNTOOLS%"=="" (
        set NET="%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe"
    ) ELSE IF EXIST "%VS100COMNTOOLS%\..\IDE\VCExpress.exe" (
        set NET="%VS100COMNTOOLS%\..\IDE\VCExpress.exe"
    ) ELSE IF EXIST "%VS100COMNTOOLS%\..\IDE\devenv.exe" (
        set NET="%VS100COMNTOOLS%\..\IDE\devenv.exe"
    )
)

IF NOT EXIST %NET% (
     set DIETEXT=Visual Studio .NET 2010 Express was not found.
     goto DIE

Check if any of those .exe for VS 2010 Express exist on your computer.

//Krister

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Christer K - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-21, 22:58)KRKA01 Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 17:10)Christer K Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 16:26)KRKA01 Wrote: Check if you can start

//Krister

Sweet name Wink

/Christer

In project\Win32BuildSetup\BuildSetup.bat you have the following lines to check if VS 2010 exist:

Code:
IF %comp%==vs2010 (
    )
)

IF NOT EXIST %NET% (
     goto DIE

//Krister

VCEpress.exe is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE (Win7 64)

devenv.exe is missing though.

Should I change path from
Code:
to
Code:
set NET="%ProgramFiles (x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe"
?

Thank you for your time =)

/Christer

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - KRKA01 - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 05:02)Christer K Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 22:58)KRKA01 Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 17:10)Christer K Wrote: Sweet name Wink

/Christer

Code:
IF %comp%==vs2010 (
    )
)

IF NOT EXIST %NET% (
     goto DIE

//Krister

VCEpress.exe is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE (Win7 64)

Code:
to
Code:
set NET="%ProgramFiles (x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe"
?

/Christer

Hi, devenv.exe i missing from my win 7 64 computer aswell, but i can compile SpotyXBMC2. Are at work so i can not check the path for my VS 2010 on my dev computer, but i believe it is in the same path as listed in the build script.

I think programs installed in %ProgramFiles (x86)% is 32 bits program, could it be that you installed a 32 bit version of VS 2010, when you should have installed the 64 bit version? You could try to change the path in the build script and see if it works. This is really out of my league.

//Krister K

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Christer K - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 10:59)KRKA01 Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 05:02)Christer K Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 22:58)KRKA01 Wrote: In project\Win32BuildSetup\BuildSetup.bat you have the following lines to check if VS 2010 exist:

Code:
IF %comp%==vs2010 (
    )
)

IF NOT EXIST %NET% (
     goto DIE

//Krister

Code:
to
Code:
?

/Christer

Hi, devenv.exe i missing from my win 7 64 computer aswell, but i can compile SpotyXBMC2. Are at work so i can not check the path for my VS 2010 on my dev computer, but i believe it is in the same path as listed in the build script.

I think programs installed in %ProgramFiles (x86)% is 32 bits program, could it be that you installed a 32 bit version of VS 2010, when you should have installed the 64 bit version? You could try to change the path in the build script and see if it works. This is really out of my league.

//Krister K

Problem solved!

What I did was:

Uninstall VS 2010 and reinstall to C\Program Files instead of C\Program Files (x86).

So now it compiled nice and easy =)

Maybe put that info into the guide, i e Install VS2010 into the correct directory for 64bit users?

[ot] KRKA01, is your last name karlsson? If it is, that´s just weird =) mine is[/ot]

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - KRKA01 - 2012-08-23

@ Christer K

Yes, same name as you, but i spell my first name differently. Nice to hear that you solved your problem and got the compile to work at last.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - krixian - 2012-08-29

I have followed Alex84 guide (forum.xbmc.org/...) to compile this in XBMCbuntu and it worked fine. Until i discovered that my entire "Videos" menu is gone. It is on the list at the mainpage, but when i click on it I just get a blank screen where my Video sources used to be.

Can anyone help?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Kieeps - 2012-09-08

Did this project die? Spotify has grown ALOT since 2 years ago when the latest alpha was released, did someone else pick this up or is there some other website or something? i cannot for the life of mine understand how such a GREAT project would just die Sad

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - soder - 2012-09-08

(2012-09-08, 17:25)Kieeps Wrote: Did this project die? Spotify has grown ALOT since 2 years ago when the latest alpha was released, did someone else pick this up or is there some other website or something? i cannot for the life of mine understand how such a GREAT project would just die Sad

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2

/Söder

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Balthazar - 2012-09-08

I would be more interested in finding out if there has been any work to move this to a binary add-on? I've had to abandon it since xvba support was more important in my case than Spotify integration. I couldn't figure out how to merge the two projects, so I've been stuck missing all of the Spotify features I love. I do hope it happens someday.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - handonam - 2012-09-08

hey all

I'm curently having this issue at the moment where it can't find bootstrap/shared_ptr.hpp.

Code:
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

This is currently happening on ubuntu 10.04 x64. Any ideas?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Tompen - 2012-09-09

handonam: Try the following:
sudo apt-get install libboost-dev

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - mikkelnl - 2012-09-09

(2012-07-07, 15:05)mikkelnl Wrote: Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm seeing lots of wrong thumbs/covers for my playlists; they are seemingly random, but almost never the right cover on the right playlist.

Any idea?

I allready tried deleting the spotify folders in /temp/ ?

Sorry for the bump, was just wondering if this is a know issue? Thanks! Smile

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - fldc - 2012-09-23

(2012-09-08, 22:02)Balthazar Wrote: I would be more interested in finding out if there has been any work to move this to a binary add-on? I've had to abandon it since xvba support was more important in my case than Spotify integration. I couldn't figure out how to merge the two projects, so I've been stuck missing all of the Spotify features I love. I do hope it happens someday.

https://github.com/fldc/spotyxbmc2/commits/master

I did this quick merge, it contains spotyxbmc2/master, fernetmenta/master and xbmc/master, fernetmenta contains xvba and vdpau rewrite. Big Grin

This tree uses libspotify12, so no radio, those commits can easily be reverted though, but this fixes random crashes xbmc suffers from while playing video here. Big Grin

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Balthazar - 2012-09-25

(2012-09-23, 22:33)fldc Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 22:02)Balthazar Wrote: I would be more interested in finding out if there has been any work to move this to a binary add-on? I've had to abandon it since xvba support was more important in my case than Spotify integration. I couldn't figure out how to merge the two projects, so I've been stuck missing all of the Spotify features I love. I do hope it happens someday.

https://github.com/fldc/spotyxbmc2/commits/master

I did this quick merge, it contains spotyxbmc2/master, fernetmenta/master and xbmc/master, fernetmenta contains xvba and vdpau rewrite. Big Grin

This tree uses libspotify12, so no radio, those commits can easily be reverted though, but this fixes random crashes xbmc suffers from while playing video here. Big Grin

Sweet! Thanks fldc. I'll give this a go in the near future. I can deal with no radio if that is all that's missing.