Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - tisse - 2012-11-03

It works for me! GREAT!
Now I finally have the ultimate media center :-)

Running Ubuntu 12.04 - 64bit.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - StefanK - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-02, 20:23)StefanK Wrote: C:\Users\Ste\dev\spotyxbmc2-updated\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj.filters : warning : Unable to read the filters file "XBMC.vcxproj.filters". Please unload the project "XBMC.vcxproj" to be able to edit it.
C:\Users\Ste\dev\spotyxbmc2-updated\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj.filters(2619,11): The project file could not be loaded. The 'ItemGroup' start tag on line 287 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'ClCompile'. Line 2619, position 11.

The builds fails, ========== Build: 38 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Thanks to my friend google I found post 561 in this thread, which led me to open the file spotyxbmc2-updated\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj.filters. I went to line 2619 (the line above this text: <ClCompile Include="..\..\xbmc\utils\UrlOptions.cpp">) and inserted </ClCompile> so line 2619 read: </ClCompile> </ClCompile>. When saving the file I allow Visual C++ to update the change. This however leads to another failure, so I reopen the file and delete the inserted </ClCompile> in line 2619. After this I get a “Ready to Build" and I press F7 to begin the build.
When finished with this the screen reads ========== Build: 39 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Long story short - now it works and I have got spotify working along with the new features of Frodo such as airplay from portable devices and the official ios remote controlling add-ons etcetera. XBMC is like a dream come true :-)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - [Ad0] - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-03, 18:37)StefanK Wrote: Thanks to my friend google I found post 561 in this thread, which led me to open the file spotyxbmc2-updated\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj.filters. I went to line 2619 (the line above this text: <ClCompile Include="..\..\xbmc\utils\UrlOptions.cpp">) and inserted </ClCompile> so line 2619 read: </ClCompile> </ClCompile>. When saving the file I allow Visual C++ to update the change. This however leads to another failure, so I reopen the file and delete the inserted </ClCompile> in line 2619. After this I get a “Ready to Build" and I press F7 to begin the build.
When finished with this the screen reads ========== Build: 39 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Long story short - now it works and I have got spotify working along with the new features of Frodo such as airplay from portable devices and the official ios remote controlling add-ons etcetera. XBMC is like a dream come true :-)

I have probably merged the project wrong .... I use linux for xbmc, I have no idea how to set up a windows build. If you point me to a tutorial on how to set up xbmc with visual studio, I will test it. The filters file probably has broken tags. Open the .filters file in XML editor in VS, and manually fix the tags... I will take a 2nd look myself.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - StefanK - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-03, 20:43)[Ad0] Wrote: point me to a tutorial on how to set up xbmc with visual studio, I will test it. The filters file probably has broken tags. Open the .filters file in XML editor in VS, and manually fix the tags... I will take a 2nd look myself.

The best tutorial I have seen is in Gr8rtek's post 530 of this thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012&pid=882046#pid882046
Very noob friendly, I managed to follw the guide with no prior knowledge of Git, Visual C, Direct X, NCIS...

Great if you can fix the error, I don't understand how I made it work.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - PolarbearNO - 2012-11-08

I've been using SpotyXBMC for some months now and I'm very happy with it. I'm also using the official XBMC Android app, which is mostly great. I can see album art, track progress, artist and song on my phone.

However I can only access the Spotify playlist currently playing, which means I can't switch playlists using only the phone (and not looking at my XBMC TV). Also the current playlist shows songs by Spotify ID, not by artist/name as it shoud. Screenshot here

I've also tried the Yatse remote app, which has a separate Playlist view. Spotify playlists does not show up there either.

Are there any plans to upgrade whatever needs upgrading to fix this? If I were able to switch playlists on the phone I wouldn't even need to turn on my tv to use SpotyXBMC. THAT would be GREAT! Big Grin

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - [Ad0] - 2012-11-08

Hey!

Did you use my merge, or the akezeke one?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - PolarbearNO - 2012-11-08

I used akezeke's merge.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - [Ad0] - 2012-11-08

OK, so these are missing features. I have to take a look at it when I have time. I don't have much time right now unfortunally. But I will keep updating my fork.

I notice that in the top part of XBMC when I select a spotify track, it also shows the spotify ID.
What interface does the android go against?

I have no idea, I'm only using the frontend Wink It would be great if you are able to fix it Smile

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - StefanK - 2012-11-09

I would like to use this post #1000 on page 100 of the thread to suggest that Ad0 starts a new thread for when there is a new update or when Frodo goes to beta.
Then we can begin to dig up the gold inside this thread and move it to the new one.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - klikkamongo - 2012-11-13

I am also looking for a Android/Ipad app who can use the Spotfy playlist information.

Ipad:
The XBMC Constellation got the same problem, it can see songs on active playlist (it shows the artist and song, not the id like the android app). But thats the only thing it can do with the Spotify integration, it cant browse artists, playlists etc..

Android
The official android app is currently not working (java i/o problem,) the Yatse have the same issue as the xbmc constellation.

Anyone know about a working remote?

edit.
Some more information here:
https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/issues/27

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - tisse - 2012-11-14

I'm using this one. It is not working with spotify but with my local music though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNoLmJlcmFyZC54Ym1jcmVtb3RlYmV0YSJd

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - StefanK - 2012-11-15

I haven't seen or heard of a remote that can manage the spotify playlist in XBMC. It would probably need a special effort since spotyxbmc is a special build.
When going to spotify from my remote I use the airplay function instead, so I go directly to the spotify app on android/ipad and then select XBMC as the airplay device.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - klikkamongo - 2012-11-15

(2012-11-15, 00:09)StefanK Wrote: I haven't seen or heard of a remote that can manage the spotify playlist in XBMC. It would probably need a special effort since spotyxbmc is a special build.
When going to spotify from my remote I use the airplay function instead, so I go directly to the spotify app on android/ipad and then select XBMC as the airplay device.

How do you do that? My experience is that airplay don't work with the spotify app(ipad) and that it is random if it shows up when i use it for pictures..

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - StefanK - 2012-11-15

(2012-11-15, 10:39)klikkamongo Wrote: How do you do that? My experience is that airplay don't work with the spotify app(ipad) and that it is random if it shows up when i use it for pictures..
How? Trial and error :-)
I just tried it out again, I have tried so many different things over the last couple of months, so I had to make sure I had not just dreamt about it working. I have two different Windows (7+Vista) laptops running XBMC 12A7+spotify.

I must admit that it is not working absolutely flawless, but I'll share my findings in case some of them could help you. In today's test airplay works just fine on the windows 7 machine. It shows up on the IOS (both iPhone and iPad) and plays when music is thrown at it from either spotify or music library. There seems to be a tendency for XBMC, not during playback, but after the Airplay signal has been sent to another device.

On the windows vista machine it is a little different. At first it didn't show up on the phone. Restarting the computer made it show up. But it did not seem to accept the incoming music - no sound. I tried to restart XBMC and found out that airplay was working fine while still at the loginscreen (which I have active) but not when logged in as either master or regular user.
So I turned the loginscreen off, and now Airplay is working from the home screen. But when I go to the login screen and log in as another user, I get in trouble again. Airplay can still recognize the device, but no sound. Going back to loginscreen or back to original user doesn't help, restart required.

That's how! I hope you get it to work.