Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = T - Jz123 - 2014-03-06

(2014-03-05, 12:26)StefanK Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 22:34)Jz123 Wrote: I don't think its worth yet to invest time in it to make it work Tongue Or atleast till the future freeze

I haven't spent time on the Gotham alphas, but I just tested the beta version last night. It seems that streaming (airplay) spotify from IOS7 works again - even with a nice graphic showing what is being streamed.
Now we are just looking forward to an integrated version - will you promise us some more excellent work Jz123 Smile either now or after the final version...

No worries , havent forgot it here Wink Although has to really look into github again how it was working Rofl Also keep in mind i'm not a coder. So to make it work for a new version i'm mayby not the right person. Although i can look into Nod We'll see the final is what i always use Tongue

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - tisse - 2014-04-03

I found an alternative to spotyxbmc.
https://bitbucket.org/re/spotlight/overview

For me this one works better, as it's more stable for me and it can also be used from android remote yatse. But I like the integration of spotify in xbmc better in spotyxbmc...

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Skank - 2014-04-22

Since spotify changed its "collection" ... this addon will need a complete rework i think

The music database in xbmc used the "starred" tracks from spotify , right?
But spotify isnt using starred tracks anymore, it now has "your music" featuring albums and artist etc...

I hope we can expect an update ?

Cdart - MatLCFC - 2014-06-01

You can still star tracks within XBMC (Right click) or roll back to old version of Spotify & star tracks as before.

On a different note...

CDART

It's great that Logo & background fanarts are pulled through when playing a track but is there anyway we could get the cdart.png to work?
(Always bugged me that this doesn't work!)

Never understood how XBMC manages to display the correct Artist & Album name but doesn't pull through the cdart.

Is there any way we could use the spotify Album uri:

eg. Artist: Foals, Album: Antidotes
The spotify URI is spotify:album:4FIDNlGVXZ4pCxdMjJXHoE

Just setup a folder 4FIDNlGVXZ4pCxdMjJXHoE & put the cdart in there?

SOMEHOWHuh

Baffles me that people are still making spotify addons... this one just needs continued development. It is the best by far!

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - locoguano - 2014-07-14

Anyone got this going with Gotham?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - acelove - 2015-01-14

Can't get it to work on 13.2

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - pettergulbra - 2015-01-25

Hope someone that can code, can make this work again.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - fgarcor - 2015-01-25

There is another option. The add-on experimental Google music addon, will hopefully implement the feature to add to the music library. That could give a similar behaviour, and does support integration with Yatse.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - pettergulbra - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-25, 16:41)fgarcor Wrote: There is another option. The add-on experimental Google music addon, will hopefully implement the feature to add to the music library. That could give a similar behaviour, and does support integration with Yatse.

I`m not sure, what you mean that this can take this addons place?
It could, but then it has to play from Spotify.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - fgarcor - 2015-01-27

Sorry, you are right, in the past I used to use Spotify and this add-on and I didn't realized about the "small difference" on what I am using right now. 1000 excuses.