Kodi Community Forum
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: JSON-RPC (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=174)
+---- Thread: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=68263)

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Tolriq - 2012-10-01

(2012-10-01, 21:08)Montellese Wrote:
(2012-10-01, 18:46)Tolriq Wrote: Any chance for a Player.SetRandomMode too ? And a way to add items to playlist in non random mode (when in random mode) to be able to start the correct item ? (Check my previouses unanswered posts )
Or a way to add items to queue with a play parameter so it start the item as it's added ?
Uhm we have Player.Shuffle and Player.Unshuffle (which will soon be merged into Player.SetShuffle) which should work well enough. Adding an item to a playlist and directly playing it will most likely not be supported because we want to keep the playlist seperate from the player (is this even possible in xbmc?). Concerning your other question maybe I can alter Playlist.Add/Insert so that it returns the position of the new item which would then allow you to use that to start it. Would that be good enough?

Sounds like a working idea Smile Will need 2 request since can't be batched but should not really be a problem.

Re: RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Koying - 2012-10-02

(2012-09-26, 08:51)Montellese Wrote: Ah seems like I misunderstood you. I thought you proposed to add a new field/column for every artwork type. IMO thumbnail and fanart have a special position among all the different types of artwork because they are the ones used and usable in most views/situations. I'll talk to jmarshall about adding those two to the respective views.

Do you have any news on this?

Would creating a PR with my code as a base for discussion be a good idea?

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2012-10-02

jmarshall and myself have discussed the following approach: Replace the "art" table in the videodb/musicdb with a table that holds the art_id, media_type, media_id and a column which contains an array of all the artwork for that item in JSON. That will allows as to join that column into the different views (based on the media_type and media_id) and get all the artwork even though it's a 1-to-many relation. I haven't had the time to code and test it yet though.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Koying - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 09:25)Montellese Wrote: jmarshall and myself have discussed the following approach: Replace the "art" table in the videodb/musicdb with a table that holds the art_id, media_type, media_id and a column which contains an array of all the artwork for that item in JSON. That will allows as to join that column into the different views (based on the media_type and media_id) and get all the artwork even though it's a 1-to-many relation. I haven't had the time to code and test it yet though.

That would even be better, indeed! Smile

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Samtronic - 2012-10-02

Hi !

With a ID movie, Is it possible to show the movie details directly in XBMC. When I select a movie, I would like the movie details appears also in XBMC.

Thanks
Steven

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 14:12)Samtronic Wrote: Hi !

With a ID movie, Is it possible to show the movie details directly in XBMC. When I select a movie, I would like the movie details appears also in XBMC.

Thanks
Steven

Nope that doesn't work. XBMC depends on a specific context in the GUI when showing the video info dialog for a certain item which is not possible to provide through JSON-RPC.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Samtronic - 2012-10-02

Ok thanks for your quick response

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012:
Commits: cf666682e2adcfd22974, 95c748a6d2f8a176b9c4
  • add Player notifications for slideshows
  • add Playlist notifications
  • add Addons namespace with GetAddons, GetAddonDetails, SetAddonEnabled and ExecuteAddon

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Tolriq - 2012-10-02

Addons are back this sounds good Smile

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - yallah - 2012-10-03

Hi,

Since 2 days (nightly build), I have some problems with Json, need to restart xbmc. Before it was working like charm.

On my remote I send json command every second to get some infos 'like (VideoLibrary.GetMovieDetails (with fanart and thumb) and activeplayer ..... I think you change something (commit b4654aa) and since, JSON doen't work after 5 minutes and need restart XBMC. When I came back nightly from 30th semptember. It's perfect.

Any ideas ?

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - yallah - 2012-10-03

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9786

log

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2012-10-03

Maybe it has something to do with your mysql server going crazy about a minute before the end of the log. I can't test right now, will have to look into it later tonight but it probably has to do with calling Player.GetActivePlayers very often and maybe the mysql database (which I don't have and therefore can't test).

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Mizaki - 2012-10-03

External MySql server?
Code:
ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video69 [1040](Too many connections)
INFO: MYSQL server has gone. Will try 4 more attempt(s) to reconnect.
Looks like your MySQL is failing.

I use default settings for mysql (from synology in same network that player), Why I don't undestand is before 1 octobber everything was perfect.

I will test with sqlite.

Hum sqlite is ok, I test until 8 minutes with same remote. But I put again sql and increase max_connexion variable (151 ->300), now xbmc don't crach before 16 minutes...

Something happen with Json 2 days ago...

Thx for your help