Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- SlaveUnit - 2010-04-05

I am curious as to why a lot (if not all) of m2ts raw bluray VC1 files do not kick off DXVA? Or am I missing something here that they shouldn't be?

I also notice on the VC1 raw bluray files my vcpu bounces around 80-100% in the codec info (o key). This happens in both standard and DXVA as the render method. I get the same results in both svn29005 and svn28256.

This is all with Windows 7 x64 and an Nvidia Geforece 9600.

Here is an example file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XPT56YBQ

I guess my question is...should DXVA be working on this file? I have many others like that exhibit the same results.

- eviltuna - 2010-04-06

Everything is broken in 28981

- elupus - 2010-04-06

eviltune.. care to be abit more specific.. like posting a log??

- moviebuff - 2010-04-06

Just loaded in the latest build from the dsplayer board r29028 and it fixed all my dxv video problems and amazingly cpu is only 15% -20% tops. It fix the 1080 videos that were breaking up when I played them and also removed that nasty 1/4 screen problem I was having. Only problem I have now is for some reason my 1080 Cars video plays great but no sound, odd because I get sound on boxee and mpc with that same mkv. All my other movies dont seem have an audio problem. Running revo 3600 Ion on win 7

- eriksmith200 - 2010-04-06

elupus Wrote:eviltune.. care to be abit more specific.. like posting a log??

When he said "everything" that included his ability to post a debug log Tongue

- elupus - 2010-04-06

moviebuf: wrong thread, dsplayer has nothing todo with this thread... and dsplayer isn't used by boxee

- Chubster - 2010-04-07

Ok....and excuse me for my ignorance here....but I have downloaded Rev28980-dx and performed a clean install, just out of interest pressed "0" whilst watching a movie and to my surprise noticed cpu usage was anywhere from 11 - 17 %.

Why the surprise....Im using Xp. I thought this didnt work under Xp?

Only reason I know "something" is happening is that before I stumbled this thread I played around with Dsplayer and noticed normal CPU usage was around 50% before applying any of these newer builds.

So whats happening ?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-04-07

elupus Wrote:moviebuf: wrong thread, dsplayer has nothing todo with this thread... and dsplayer isn't used by boxee

Elupus, I see where you are coming from but I think he downloaded the DSPlayer build because its the only way to get a newer version with your fixes for the native DXVA. Unless of course you self-compile or or download it from a 3rd party site. And thats why he is commenting in here about it.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-04-07

Chubster Wrote:Ok....and excuse me for my ignorance here....but I have downloaded Rev28980-dx and performed a clean install, just out of interest pressed "0" whilst watching a movie and to my surprise noticed cpu usage was anywhere from 11 - 17 %.

Only reason I know "something" is happening is that before I stumbled this thread I played around with Dsplayer and noticed normal CPU usage was around 50% before applying any of these newer builds.

So whats happening ?

What are the specs on the file? And this doesn't work under XP. This is DXVA2, which doesn't work on XP in any form AFAIK.

- frotsen - 2010-04-07

First of all many thanks to Elupus for his effort on getting dxva implemented. As we all know Ati is a bit buggy, especially with the thew 5xxx series.

I did some testing yesterday and the flicker issue is still there, but if you hit escape while playing the movie you get the overlayd xbmc osd while the movie is playing in the background,then the movie seems to play absolutley perfect in the background. No flicker and no tearing. I made a fraps of it, maby it can help.

Rev29088 , Ati 5450
Sync playback to display of, Vertical blank sync off (handled by ati)

Debugg logg http://pastebin.com/mekQFHXG
Fraps of the issue http://rodhette.org/xbmc_ati5450_dxva.mkv
(btw the high cpu use is because of fraps running)

frotsen

- moviebuff - 2010-04-07

Ya i only commented on that one build because I dont use dsplayer but enabled dvxa and that fixed video problems and the 1/4 screen problem I was getting with this one. Dunno just thought Id mention that. I had tried everything else to fix so I figured hey what can it hurt to try a different build and it had worked so far best for me.

- ashlar - 2010-04-07

Elupus, will this option handle VC-1 1080i content in the future?

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-07

Chubster Wrote:Ok....and excuse me for my ignorance here....but I have downloaded Rev28980-dx and performed a clean install, just out of interest pressed "0" whilst watching a movie and to my surprise noticed cpu usage was anywhere from 11 - 17 %.

So whats happening ?

As SlaveUnit suggests check the file characteristics first. As far as I am aware this is an MS restriction and not one implemented as the result of the builds created by elupus, therefore nothing would change as the result of a 'nightly' build.

You might want to check that your playback is still not using DSPlayer. Perhaps you have an advancedsetting.xml (with DSPlayer as the default player) which would override the use of DVDPlayer, unless you physically chose DVDPlayer from tehe context menu - press i when focused on the movie title, then "Play using....."

- gulp - 2010-04-08

is possible to insert a rule in playercorefactory.xml to use
DVDPlayer(DXVA) with videoresolution="1080"
and
DVDPlayer(without DXVA) for all other videos?

i want to do something like:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
   <player name="DVDPlayer(DXVA)" audio="false" video="true" />
   <player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
  </players>

<rules name="DVDPlayer Rules" action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv" videoresolution="1080" player="DVDPlayer(DXVA)"/>
        <rule videocodec="vc1" player="DVDPlayer(DXVA)"/>
  </rules>

</playercorefactory>

so everything 1080p or vc1 plays with DXVA
everything else plays without DXVA (i'm tying to do so because a lot of mkv at 720p give me green screen).

Thanx.

- elupus - 2010-04-08

Chubster :
Funny thing is that some googling reveals that dxva2 might not be impossible on XP. It should then become a wrapper around dxva1 in the hw. It requires some hacking and adding of the dll. No idea if it works in reality..

gulp:
Adding support for such player rules might be a good idea actually. Will think about it.

ashlar:
probably, but it requires ffmpeg to have support for that first. if i remember correcty interlaced vc1 doesn't even work without hw accel.