Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- pinn - 2010-05-06

Hi,

I downloaded the patch for refresh rate issues mentioned here, but unsure how to apply. Does this need to be added to source and compiled?

Ta

- jbo87 - 2010-05-06

pinn Wrote:I downloaded the patch for refresh rate issues mentioned here, but unsure how to apply. Does this need to be added to source and compiled?

Exactly.

- pinn - 2010-05-06

Beyond my expertise - could some kind soul, pop one on megaupload etc?

Thanks

- neil.j1983 - 2010-05-06

pinn Wrote:Beyond my expertise - could some kind soul, pop one on megaupload etc?

Thanks

I'm hoping it will be committed to svn soon.

- pinn - 2010-05-06

Aye, hopefully as has made a massive difference in my video playback

- SlaveUnit - 2010-05-07

pettergulbra Wrote:I have put the searc on torecursively, but it did not find it.
strukture of my movie: mymovies>thisisit>bdmv>and all the folders inc stream and so on.

Shuld I move the files one folder up, delete the bdmv folder?

Maybe ask in a new thread. This is getting completely off topic from DXVA.

- pettergulbra - 2010-05-07

Ahh... Sorry, didn`t think about that.

- nathanblgos - 2010-05-09

I had some time today to install win 7 64, 10.4a ati drivers and xbmc r29791, when I turn dxva2 on I get a black screen. It does seem to be working as if I return to the menu the video is playing correctly in the background and the sound and sub-titles are working correctly.

I think I read this could be fixed by changing a setting in the control center but I can't find anything after reading / searching this forum.

Anyone know what might be causing this ?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-05-09

nathanblgos Wrote:I had some time today to install win 7 64, 10.4a ati drivers and xbmc r29791, when I turn dxva2 on I get a black screen. It does seem to be working as if I return to the menu the video is playing correctly in the background and the sound and sub-titles are working correctly.

I think I read this could be fixed by changing a setting in the control center but I can't find anything after reading / searching this forum.

I think some people reinstalled the latest version of Direct X. But dont quote me on that.

- nathanblgos - 2010-05-10

SlaveUnit Wrote:I think some people reinstalled the latest version of Direct X. But dont quote me on that.

it seems to work if I set non full screen in the system settings.

edit: seems like I have a new problem, after 5-10 mins of watching a show it looks like to tries to change the refresh rate to a setting that is far too high and therefore the screen goes completely blank Sad

- bluenote - 2010-05-10

nathanblgos Wrote:I had some time today to install win 7 64, 10.4a ati drivers and xbmc r29791, when I turn dxva2 on I get a black screen. It does seem to be working as if I return to the menu the video is playing correctly in the background and the sound and sub-titles are working correctly.

True fullscreen is also broken for me, although, it is completely broken and I just get a blank black or unresponsive screen, although I can hear the menu items clicking by, etc. Im just living with using fake fullscreen for the moment.. I should say its broken for me confirmed up til 29791. Which is the latest available build atm.

- elupus - 2010-05-11

I'm sort of able to repro the blackscreen in fullscreen but playback in gui (sort of since i get corrupt display on my poulsbo in gui and black in fullscreen). Already spent 2 fruitless days on trying to fix it.

Compiling and testing on an ION isn't the must fun experience in the world Smile.

- steelman1991 - 2010-05-11

elupus Wrote:I'm sort of able to repro the blackscreen in fullscreen but playback in gui (sort of since i get corrupt display on my poulsbo in gui and black in fullscreen). Already spent 2 fruitless days on trying to fix it.

Compiling and testing on an ION isn't the must fun experience in the world Smile.
Ditch it then Laugh

- STxFarmer - 2010-05-12

Just gotta say thanks since using this has enabled me to get XBMC working flawlessly for the first time. Avatar is playing smoothly for the first time and that was the one movie in which it always had some stutter in it. I am glad I finally quit using Live and switched to this windows version. Everything is working, playback, remote, just everything.

This is installed on a Acer Aspire Revo 3610 using W7 64bit. IR Server Suite is installed to get my MCE remote that I got from Newegg working.

Right now I just using it to playback MKV files that have been ripped from full blurays with MakeMKV. Will map the rest of the video files later this week.

This was just too easy. So happy with the results for the first time.

Thanks to all.

- nathanblgos - 2010-05-12

elupus Wrote:I'm sort of able to repro the blackscreen in fullscreen but playback in gui (sort of since i get corrupt display on my poulsbo in gui and black in fullscreen). Already spent 2 fruitless days on trying to fix it.

keep up the good work, I've been happily using xbmc since the early xbox releases