Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher (/showthread.php?tid=69321)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- andy204 - 2010-08-26

nhr_tommy Wrote:I did install the r156 just now and after trying to mixture some things up with what i read later in this tread i now get:

-bash-2.05b$ sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext
Password:
kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext appears to be valid
kextload: loading extension /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext
kextload: unable to register module with kernel
kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext
kextload: sending 1 personality to the kernel
-bash-2.05b$

And under launcher i only get the svn r33149, has that anything to do with it?
Much appreciating for what your doing Andy and your willingness to help everybody out.

when you go into launcher you should see an item ">CrystalHD r156 (20100826)". when you install this and do a reboot it should work. if not please reply again.

thanks.

-andy

- nhr_tommy - 2010-08-26

andy204 Wrote:when you go into launcher you should see an item ">CrystalHD r156 (20100826)". when you install this and do a reboot it should work. if not please reply again.

WOW! Works like a charm and that's some big difference in quality from before. Big thanks Andy for being so helpful and give my ATV new life, now i can really start using it for real!

- grey - 2010-08-26

sorry guys for lame questions, as it's been a while since my atv is working okay with old drivers, but i see most of you guys report big improvements with the new drivers, SO my question is:

having installed old drivers (r26 i guess) and having an old layout bcm70012 card from ebay, all i must do is to update to current svn build of xbmc and to click on latest build of drivers from the Launcher?

and that's all?

- andy204 - 2010-08-26

grey Wrote:sorry guys for lame questions, as it's been a while since my atv is working okay with old drivers, but i see most of you guys report big improvements with the new drivers, SO my question is:

having installed old drivers (r26 i guess) and having an old layout bcm70012 card from ebay, all i must do is to update to current svn build of xbmc and to click on latest build of drivers from the Launcher?

and that's all?

true

-andy

Can I do the Crystal HD install BEFORE the card is installed? - puulima - 2010-08-29

It's on the way...I'm not clear on whether this could be done before the card is installed?

Thanks - this is awesome stuff BTW.

- Scott B - 2010-08-29

puulima Wrote:It's on the way...I'm not clear on whether this could be done before the card is installed?

Yes.

- andy204 - 2010-08-29

puulima Wrote:It's on the way...I'm not clear on whether this could be done before the card is installed?

as scott said: yes it works, but you will get error 3 in the launcher.

after you installed the card it will work.

-andy

- puulima - 2010-08-29

To clarify: the error 3 is simply notifying me the card isn't there? But otherwise, everything will be (auto)installed so when I drop the card in - pretty much plug and play?

- andy204 - 2010-08-29

puulima Wrote:To clarify: the error 3 is simply notifying me the card isn't there? But otherwise, everything will be (auto)installed so when I drop the card in - pretty much plug and play?

yes

- Quadra821 - 2010-09-01

Does your installer overwrite any previous versions that a noob like me might have attempted to install or partially installed?

Also, what are the ssh commands to get the appropriate logs for diagnosis?

Thanks,

- fast.exe - 2010-10-01

hey everybody,

i have a problem. I had instal the crystal hd card (the BCM70015) in my aTV and run the script. Now i have in the XBMC under System/Video/Playback the option 'Allow hardware acceleration (CrystalHD)' and so i turn it on.
If i play a .mkv-file with a 1080p resolution from a external harddrive it isn't going well. It takes a few minutes to go and then its bucking a lot.Sad

I thought about it. It is possible that the crystal hd isn't really installed? If its possible how can i see if the card is installed?

thank you for your help!Big Grin

- grey - 2010-10-01

Quote:sudo mesg | grep -i crystal
should say smth like
Output :-
BroadcomCrystalHD:Confusedtart
BroadcomCrystalHD: Found HW and started driver SW.

then,
Quote:kextstat | grep crystalhd
again, should return smth with crystalhd

- Raider - 2010-10-01

fast.exe Wrote:1080p resolution

if you're playing it under AppleTV OS then it's not going to work, 720p will be your best option...
if you're playing it under linux on the atv, it'll play...

- davilla - 2010-10-01

xbmc.log and dmesg to a pastebin site.

- fast.exe - 2010-10-03

Raider Wrote:if you're playing it under linux on the atv, it'll play...

thank you Raider. Could you recommend a thread or a tutorial? I searched and found a lot in the Forum but i don't know which way will be the best and will work fine Sad:confused2:

thanks!!!