Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher (/showthread.php?tid=69321)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- interceptor121 - 2011-02-23

The steps of defcon are incorrect
You need the new files and the procedure is on the googlecode for CrystalHD

[AppleTV1] Verify Driver Installation? - ifreezer - 2011-04-03

I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1. I have XBMC 10.1 installed, with the latest nightly. I downloaded the r174 crystal driver with Launcher and it installed successfully. However, when I look through the menus in XBMC I do not see any mention of the new processor. Am I supposed to see a place in the Settings to enable the accelerator?
How can I determine if the board is detected and in use?
Thanks in advance.

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-04-03

ifreezer Wrote:I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1. I have XBMC 10.1 installed, with the latest nightly. I downloaded the r174 crystal driver with Launcher and it installed successfully. However, when I look through the menus in XBMC I do not see any mention of the new processor. Am I supposed to see a place in the Settings to enable the accelerator?
Thanks in advance.

after installing the drivers via the launcher you will need to do a restart then upon re entering xbmc the hardware acceleration via crystalhd card (or something like that) should be enabled.

- ifreezer - 2011-04-03

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:after installing the drivers via the launcher you will need to do a restart then upon re entering xbmc the hardware acceleration via crystalhd card (or something like that) should be enabled.
I have restarted several times.
Please tell me. do you use version 10.1 of XBMC on ATV1? If so, do you see an explicit menu item for the crystal HD?

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-04-03

there is a menu item at system---video----play back it should be checked ie you are using the device.

- thermobaric - 2011-04-03

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:there is a menu item at system---video----play back it should be checked ie you are using the device.

And, it's automagic. If it sees the card, it will select it for you.

ssh in and try

-bash-2.05b$ sudo dmesg|grep crystalhd

should spit out something like...

crystalhd_hw_open: setting up functions, device = Flea
[crystalhd_flea_core_reset]: Starting core reset

Yes, it works with 10.1. You will still probably want to add/use the automated installer script option into launcher via defaults like it says in the first post. Best of luck.

- ifreezer - 2011-04-04

I get this:

Password:
-bash-2.05b$

So even though I see no mention of it in any menus, I will assume that XBMC is finding and using the adapter. Thank you for the command.

- thermobaric - 2011-04-05

Odd. Like he said earlier, you should be able to go to the home screen, then System, Video, Playback and see this:

As you can see, Allow hardware acceleration (CrystalHD) is selected.

also, sudo dmesg|grep BroadcomCrystalHD should also spit out if the device is present or used. I would reboot, attempt to play something HD for a few minutes, and then grep that. It should say something nice and sensible, like BroadcomCrystalHD opened

- ifreezer - 2011-04-05

Thank you for posting that screenshot. At least now I can see what is missing from my XBMC menu.

When I do that command this is what happens:

-bash-2.05b$ sudo dmesg|grep BroadcomCrystalHD
Password:
BroadcomCrystalHD:Confusedtart
BroadcomCrystalHD: Found HW and started driver SW.
BroadcomCrystalHD:Confusedtop
-bash-2.05b$

Today I used Launcher to install the XBMC nightly from 0403 and I tried re-installing the r174 driver. No change. So I installed the r156 driver. No change.

At this point, I am stumped. Would I get the result above if the card were faulty?

I would like to upload logs if someone would agree to assist with this.

Thanks in advance.

- ifreezer - 2011-04-05

Here is more complete command output:

Password:
-bash-2.05b$ sudo dmesg|grep BroadcomCrystalHD
-bash-2.05b$ kextstat | grep crystalhd
65 0 0x2bd02000 0x11000 0x10000 com.broadcom.crystalhd.driver (3.8.1) <5 4 3 2>
-bash-2.05b$

- tamias - 2011-04-05

ifreezer Wrote:I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1. I have XBMC 10.1 installed, with the latest nightly. I downloaded the r174 crystal driver with Launcher and it installed successfully. However, when I look through the menus in XBMC I do not see any mention of the new processor. Am I supposed to see a place in the Settings to enable the accelerator?
Thanks in advance.
I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1, as well as you!
You must install XBMC 10.1 only !
After installing XBMC Rev: 20110403, Crystal HD board has stopped working.

ifreezer Wrote:I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1. I have XBMC 10.1 installed, with the latest nightly.

Ah. Our friend above may have caught the problem. You don't have 10.1 installed "with" the latest nightly, it's either or. I try the nightly build about once a week, and I have yet to have one work as good as 10.1. Please go back to the launcher, downloads, and reinstall dharma 10.1.

If this doesn't do the trick, the only thing I can think of is to do a factory restore, and start fresh. I'm sure there's an elegant solution a dev or linux guru could come up with, but you seem to be stuck with me at the moment, and I know just enough to really screw things up. I have a feeling you're running the svn tho. I've got to run off to work, but look up what version is really running and let us know!

- ifreezer - 2011-04-05

You are right.
I reverted to the XBMC 10.1 via Launcher, and the Crystal HD menu choice appeared.
Thank you.

Sure thing. I'm glad I could help.

- haifischjunge - 2011-04-06

some for me, but also database no longer usable in 10.1. sucks.