Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher (/showthread.php?tid=69321)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- davilla - 2010-06-24

this tells the story of xbmc svn commits -> http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline

- ngiardina - 2010-06-24

Thanks again. I will keep my eyes there from now on. That is a whole lot to process, though.

- akg4y - 2010-06-24

This was so key in me being able to get HD on my AppleTV... couldnt have done it without it.

Has anyone come up with something similar for a Mac Mini yet? If not, is there a good or up to date guide on how to install the driver on a Mac Mini?

- hobartgeorge - 2010-06-26

I just wanted to say thanks so much for this. I mucked around installing the driver myself last night and eventually gave up. I was about to post in the forum when i found this, it worked straight off the bat. Well done.

One thing, Davilla, would you please put a link to this on the crystalhd pages in particular the google code pages? It would save a lot of effort for some and no doubt save a bunch of stupid forum questions.

Thanks again. Thanks also to Davilla for all the hard work he's put into making appletv & crystalhd a reality.

- davilla - 2010-06-26

hobartgeorge Wrote:I just wanted to say thanks so much for this. I mucked around installing the driver myself last night and eventually gave up. I was about to post in the forum when i found this, it worked straight off the bat. Well done.

One thing, Davilla, would you please put a link to this on the crystalhd pages in particular the google code pages? It would save a lot of effort for some and no doubt save a bunch of stupid forum questions.

Thanks again. Thanks also to Davilla for all the hard work he's put into making appletv & crystalhd a reality.

The problem with hard links is they go out of date in a few months. It's too much maintenance and I'd rather be working on code than spending time updating URLs.

- hobartgeorge - 2010-06-26

davilla Wrote:The problem with hard links is they go out of date in a few months. It's too much maintenance and I'd rather be working on code than spending time updating URLs.
Maybe not a hard link then, at least a note to say that such a thing exists perhaps.

- andy204 - 2010-06-26

davilla Wrote:The problem with hard links is they go out of date in a few months. It's too much maintenance and I'd rather be working on code than spending time updating URLs.

maybe you can give a hint like:

"google for CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher"

Smile

- tuckbodi - 2010-06-29

Hi Andy, any plans to update your CrystalHD Launcher menu to r114?

- davilla - 2010-06-29

tuckbodi Wrote:Hi Andy, any plans to update your CrystalHD Launcher menu to r114?

@andy, please wait for some feedback. So far I'm the only one who has tested this.

- tuckbodi - 2010-06-29

davilla Wrote:@andy, please wait for some feedback. So far I'm the only one who has tested this.

Oops, sorry...thought it'd be a way for us to test it for you. Just anxious to give it a whirl. Smile I'll sit tight..

- davilla - 2010-06-29

tuckbodi Wrote:Oops, sorry...thought it'd be a way for us to test it for you. Just anxious to give it a whirl. Smile I'll sit tight..

I'd rather it not hit Launcher just yet. Newbies will click anything Smile and if the new crystalhd driver/lib has some unforeseen issue, it might require a manual revert.

- andy204 - 2010-06-29

davilla Wrote:@andy, please wait for some feedback. So far I'm the only one who has tested this.

roger Smile
maybe i have time this evening and install the atv harddisk again. then ill gonna test it, too.

-andy

- mauzzz - 2010-06-29

Just update from r28276 (with crystalhd r26) to r31463. I understand that chrystalhd has moved out of system-video-playback-render method to its own radio button. But I can't find that radio button. Either I'm blind or something is wrong with my chrystalhd card. Could someone point the precise location of that radio button?

- Kammaflaje - 2010-06-29

Just so that i understand thers a new crystal hd driver on the way since its only you davilla that have tested it atm. Is ther any big diffrent on the playback and the cpu useage reduktion becouse atm my atv have a realy hard time playing 1080p materials and 720 works but nothing more surfing the menus in the xbmc takes a while. With 1080 materials if i start useing the menus the movie starts lagging and i have to restart the movie. My guess is that its becouse of high cps useage and the crystal hd card isent taking on that mush of the decoding as it shold do. Any idaes your part? I know your working your ass off for us so exuse my inpatince. Wink and ofc as you say it have to be stable befor it hit luncher it will be so many ppl with broken atv if its something wrong with the driver becouse thy cant fix it them self (for example my self) Wink

(sorry for my poor english ill hope it works for you anyway to read it)

- davilla - 2010-06-29

Kammaflaje Wrote:Just so that i understand thers a new crystal hd driver on the way since its only you davilla that have tested it atm. Is ther any big diffrent on the playback and the cpu useage reduktion becouse atm my atv have a realy hard time playing 1080p materials and 720 works but nothing more surfing the menus in the xbmc takes a while. With 1080 materials if i start useing the menus the movie starts lagging and i have to restart the movie. My guess is that its becouse of high cps useage and the crystal hd card isent taking on that mush of the decoding as it shold do. Any idaes your part? I know your working your ass off for us so exuse my inpatince. Wink and ofc as you say it have to be stable befor it hit luncher it will be so many ppl with broken atv if its something wrong with the driver becouse thy cant fix it them self (for example my self) Wink

(sorry for my poor english ill hope it works for you anyway to read it)

"surfing the menus" is not crystalhd decoder related, you just don't have the CPU capacity to "surfing the menus" while playing video. The solution a) don't do that or b) http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_install_a_Miminal_Ubuntu_and_XBMC_with_sound_over_HDMI_on_the_AppleTV