Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2011-10-10

Ok, that could be a problem. If you use the home or back button, you just change the "site" that you are watching in XBMC while RCB is still running. Thats whay you can't reenter it afterwards.

I will check if I can add more options to quit RCB or to catch the Home button key press.

- Tomkun - 2011-10-10

malte Wrote:Ok, that could be a problem. If you use the home or back button, you just change the "site" that you are watching in XBMC while RCB is still running. Thats whay you can't reenter it afterwards.

I will check if I can add more options to quit RCB or to catch the Home button key press.

I figured as much. Up until now I have trained myself to avoid using those buttons, so it'll be nice to have the option!

By the way Malte, did you ever work out the issue with the wraplists?

- malte - 2011-10-10

@drabina: MAME database is back online. Game import should work again now.

@Tomkun: No, sorry. I did not find a way (or better I had no time to search for one). But I will be on it soon.

- drabina - 2011-10-10

It works. Just checked on a nightly build from last week and current RCB. All games imported into the library. Thanks!

- phsyraxion - 2011-10-10

I'm having an issue where I cannot exit the browser when launched AND the filter options don't work.

Dharma 10.1, Aeon Nox, XP

http://pastebin.com/qaefRDkM

I setup the RCB on my Dev machine and alll is working fine on this (same setup) but when I then install on the HTPC in the lounge I open RCB and cannot exit with either ESC or BACKSPACE.... In fact a full restart is needed.

I have uninstalled and re-installed RCB with the same result. Cannot understand this as both environments are pretty much the sameHuh?

- malte - 2011-10-11

I don't see any RCB releated errors in the log. But there is an error in the tv show next aired script after you started RCB. Not sure if this also disturbs RCB. Can you try to disable this before you start RCB?

- phsyraxion - 2011-10-11

malte Wrote:I don't see any RCB releated errors in the log. But there is an error in the tv show next aired script after you started RCB. Not sure if this also disturbs RCB. Can you try to disable this before you start RCB?

Just on my way home and will give that a go.

I will have to have a look on my dev machine and see if the next aired script is enabled on there. Apart from the files in the scripts folder and the app_data folder, are there any other files that the script relies on? Can't figure out what could be different between them apart from some GUI and menu settings. If anything the Dev machine should be the one not working as that has had half a dozen additional scripts installed and tested before they are migrated to the other HTPC machines.

I re-installed the plugin, re-imported all games and disabled the next aired script:

http://pastebin.com/bPaSRKYy

Still nothing to show really.

Cannot escape script, and no filtering works (IE I try and select to only show roms from one collection and it doesn't work at all).

Really stumped. All still works fine on my Dev machine.

Also, using the XBMC context menu to close XBMC (exit) causes XBMC to freeze on exit and it doesn't close. Only happens with this one plugin

- malte - 2011-10-11

I don't see anything obvious in the log. Only thing is the time check if the last action is still processed. Just to get an idea of this error: Did you try to escape the script several times and try to use the filter settings more slowly? Maybe the timer thing is not working correctly on your htpc and thinks that there is still anything in process.

Can you set RCB to debug mode in addon settings and create a new log file for me? Maybe I can see anything where it stops working.

New Debug log:

http://pastebin.com/SpYJGZSP

I loaded the browser and the filter option pops up immediately. I waited for about 10 seconds before changing the filter.

- malte - 2011-10-11

Hmmm, are you using a different input device than on your dev system? Looks like there are always two input events. 1 with input id 0 and one with the correct id that tells RCB what to do. The second one is always ignored because RCB thinks the last input ist still being processed.

I will check at home how the log looks on my system.

Edit: On my system it fires a valid id for every input event. So this must be the problem. I could try to work around this in the script with ignoring the id 0 but I guess there is another problem on your system that this id is generated.

- phsyraxion - 2011-10-12

Great catch... Experienced coder here Smile

That is exactly the issue on my system because of the roundabout way I control XBMC with my MCE remote.

I use an old program called UICE to send commands to XBMC and other software mainly because I purchased this 7 years ago and it's been great. Issue is it doesn't have input for the MCE remote so I use HIP which can read the key strokes. Hip then sends combo keys (CTRL+ALT+1) which are caught by UICE and converted to the required key for the in-focus application. This all seems a bit long winded but it's been a great and flexible system for years through all my media centers.

It all works in XBMC but does not seem to work in your script Sad.

If there is a possible workaround that would be great. I am thinking of switching over to event ghost but there is a lot of work for me to do that as I have a lot of other functions tied through UICE too (such as launching add-on scripts with RCB for setting remote inputs etc).

If there is an easy fix on your end, great, if not I will just have to look at making a few changes.

- malte - 2011-10-12

Ok, then please try this on your system:

Go to RCB install dir "resources/lib/gui.py" and replace this code (somewhere around line 300):

Code:
def onAction(self, action):

Logutil.log("onAction: " +str(action.getId()), util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)

#Hack: prevent being invoked twice
    onActionCurrentRun = time.clock()

with this one:

Code:
def onAction(self, action):

Logutil.log("onAction: " +str(action.getId()), util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)

if(action.getId() == 0):
        Logutil.log("actionId == 0. Input ignored.", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
        return

#Hack: prevent being invoked twice
    onActionCurrentRun = time.clock()

I can't check it here if it works so you have to check it out on your system first.

- phsyraxion - 2011-10-12

That does the trick... Awesome Big Grin

Must buy you a drink kind sir.

- malte - 2011-10-12

Glad, that it works. Will try this on my linux box, too. If there are no side effects I will add this code to the main line.

I will drink a virtual beer this evening;-)