Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- altoiddealer - 2011-11-08

I'm trying to use "Launch emulator in solo mode" feature, but only "launch *game*" flashes on the screen and nothing else happens. It would be really great if I could get this mode working because I have a significant performance boost when launching w/o XBMC running

I'm running on Ubuntu 10.04

Many thanks in advance!

- malte - 2011-11-08

Common problem on Linux is that the file "applaunch.sh" in RCBs install dir is not executable. Did you check that? Otherwise please show me your log file. Maybe I find another reason why it is not working.

- Domina - 2011-11-08

Malte, Marcosqui and I are having a problem with the info "original title" and "perpective", they do not show information on the info page.

It only remains to finish this info for page of info the skin.

- malte - 2011-11-08

These infos are missing in version 0.9.3. I already added them in SVN. If you get latest version from SVN they should show up. It will take some more days until I have finished a new release, so you have to use SVN or wait some days.

Thanks for your support!

- Elviguiero - 2011-11-08

Malte, i'm having another skinning issue Oo
I think there is a problem with videos and game infos view: if i switch to fullscreen, the video plays without black background, and i see behind the video the game info screen (on a 4/3 video playing on a 16/9 screen, i see on the right and left border the info screen), whereas it's playing perfectly on the main screen. Moreover, while the video is playing, the focus is still on game info screen: moving right or left affects navigation behind the video, and not the video itself. After checking the default skin to make sure i was not doing wrong on my skin file, the same occurs...

- malte - 2011-11-08

Elviguiero: Silly question: How do you start fullscreen video in game info view?

- butchabay - 2011-11-08

Elviguiero Wrote:Malte, i'm having another skinning issue Oo
I think there is a problem with videos and game infos view: if i switch to fullscreen, the video plays without black background, and i see behind the video the game info screen (on a 4/3 video playing on a 16/9 screen, i see on the right and left border the info screen), whereas it's playing perfectly on the main screen. Moreover, while the video is playing, the focus is still on game info screen: moving right or left affects navigation behind the video, and not the video itself. After checking the default skin to make sure i was not doing wrong on my skin file, the same occurs...

You need to ad a <onclick>close.dialog(Id dialog)<\onclick>

- Elviguiero - 2011-11-08

malte Wrote:Elviguiero: Silly question: How do you start fullscreen video in game info view?

2 ways:
1> if the view has a video window, and the video is playing, by pressing TAB
2> with a button PlayMedia(...) that plays the video fullscreen

are there other ways?

EDIT: Thanks Butchabay, will try that Smile

- Domina - 2011-11-08

malte Wrote:These infos are missing in version 0.9.3. I already added them in SVN. If you get latest version from SVN they should show up. It will take some more days until I have finished a new release, so you have to use SVN or wait some days.

Thanks for your support!

Thanks Malte, the menu info is ready for aeon mq
Now finish the rest.

- altoiddealer - 2011-11-09

malte Wrote:Common problem on Linux is that the file "applaunch.sh" in RCBs install dir is not executable. Did you check that? Otherwise please show me your log file. Maybe I find another reason why it is not working.

Well I went to check this, and I do not seem to even have that file! I ticked off 'show hidden files' and checked the RCB directories, and did not see it. From File System I did a search for "applaunch" producing 0 results.

Perhaps this would explain my problem, eh? Please advise, thanks!

- malte - 2011-11-09

Elviguiero Wrote:2 ways:
1> if the view has a video window, and the video is playing, by pressing TAB
2> with a button PlayMedia(...) that plays the video fullscreen

are there other ways?
I did not know about the TAB trick. In RCB main window you also have the option to start fullscreen video with the "PLAY" button (only works in Eden),this is a way supported by the script itself. RCB collects all available videos (of the current game selection) in a playlist and you can zap through your videos this way.

altoiddealer Wrote:Well I went to check this, and I do not seem to even have that file! I ticked off 'show hidden files' and checked the RCB directories, and did not see it. From File System I did a search for "applaunch" producing 0 results.

Perhaps this would explain my problem, eh? Please advise, thanks!
It should be there. Just checked a fresh install from the repo and it also ships the "applaunch"-files. On Linux it should be in the directory "/home/<user>/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser". Note that the directory ".xbmc" is hidden by default, it may also be excluded by a search.

- Domina - 2011-11-09

Hi Malte, MarcosQui and I we got a problem with favorites:
It happens that in the version "SVN", the star of favorites brand in every game, regardless of whether or not the game in favorite, this did not occur in version 0.9.3, could fix?

This also occurs in the "skin Confluence"

Thanks!

- claimui - 2011-11-09

malte, thanks for the helpful feedback.

Here is a debug log from an error that I get relatively often when starting up the addon: http://pastebin.com/jfy3zf1d

Towards the end you'll find:
Code:
21:25:41 T:3960   ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression $INFO[ListItem.Property(isfavorite)] == 1
When this error happens, XBMC hangs and I need to launch Task Manager to kill the process.

Any ideas what is going on here? Thanks.

- altoiddealer - 2011-11-09

malte Wrote:On Linux it should be in the directory "/home/<user>/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser". Note that the directory ".xbmc" is hidden by default, it may also be excluded by a search.

I swear I checked there yesterday but couldn't find it... but I just double-checked, and found it Rofl

I made it executable and now solo-mode works~ thank you very much for the support Big Grin

- malte - 2011-11-09

Domina Wrote:It happens that in the version "SVN", the star of favorites brand in every game, regardless of whether or not the game in favorite, this did not occur in version 0.9.3, could fix?
Yes, I will check this. But I am in the middle of a bigger change and will need 1-2 more days before I can check-in all changes.

claimui Wrote:Here is a debug log from an error that I get relatively often when starting up the addon: http://pastebin.com/jfy3zf1d

Towards the end you'll find:
21:25:41 T:3960 ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression $INFO[ListItem.Property(isfavorite)] == 1

When this error happens, XBMC hangs and I need to launch Task Manager to kill the process.
Not 100% sure because the log seems to end before I can see the XBMC error messages. But I guess it is the wraplist/pagecontrol issue discussed some pages back (see here and here). If I am right this should be fixed with version 0.9.3 of RCB and/or with one of the latest nightlies from XBMC (you don't have to use the workarounds mentioned in the thread). Can you confirm this?