Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- claimui - 2011-11-09

malte Wrote:Not 100% sure because the log seems to end before I can see the XBMC error messages. But I guess it is the wraplist/pagecontrol issue discussed some pages back (see here and here). If I am right this should be fixed with version 0.9.3 of RCB and/or with one of the latest nightlies from XBMC (you don't have to use the workarounds mentioned in the thread). Can you confirm this?

The log ends there because XBMC stops responding and I killed the task. Maybe I could try waiting longer next time to see if it crashes and throws an error.

The behavior does seem the same as wraplist/pagecontrol issue. However I am using a recent nightly (Windows build from two or three days ago) and version 0.9.3 of the add-on. Let me try updating to the latest nightly and see if I can get some better logfiles.

Thanks again for all the help and the great work on this addon.

- altoiddealer - 2011-11-09

I have one last question~

I experienced choppy video with the 'mednafen' emulator, but I was provided a solution on their forums. The solution is to suspend pulseaudio, and specify the sound driver/sound device in the launch game command.

So, this command is the solution:

pasuspender -- mednafen -sounddriver alsa -sounddevice hw:1,7 game.nes

My question: Is it possible for RCB to execute the above launch game command?

I'm pretty sure the launch game command should be -sounddriver alsa -sounddevice hw:1,7 "%ROM%", but I don't know how to alter the launch emulator field

Please help! Thanks!

- malte - 2011-11-09

claimui Wrote:The behavior does seem the same as wraplist/pagecontrol issue. However I am using a recent nightly (Windows build from two or three days ago) and version 0.9.3 of the add-on.
This should be up to date enough. But maybe there is some new issue with the latest nightlies. I will also check if I can reproduce it with a newer one.

altoiddealer Wrote:My question: Is it possible for RCB to execute the above launch game command?

I'm pretty sure the launch game command should be -sounddriver alsa -sounddevice hw:1,7 "%ROM%", but I don't know how to alter the launch emulator field
Yes, this should be possible. Just launch the "Edit Rom Collection" dialog and go to the "Launch games" tab. There you can edit the params with the XBMC keyboard. More details here.

- malte - 2011-11-09

@Domina: Just wanted to answer your PM but it says that you disabled receive of private messages.

Short answer: No, the changes have nothing to do with the skin structure. They are just internal changes that affect the usage of RCB. Long answer will come when I am allowed to send the message;-)

- Domina - 2011-11-09

Ok can send you the answer!
Sorry!

- malte - 2011-11-09

Hmmm, still does not work.

Edit: Ok, now it works. PM sent.

- Domina - 2011-11-09

This is strange my private messaging options are set so
Is there a delay after changes?

Edit: MP Received

- altoiddealer - 2011-11-09

malte Wrote:Just launch the "Edit Rom Collection" dialog and go to the "Launch games" tab. There you can edit the params with the XBMC keyboard

The problem is that the "Emulator cmd" can only be specified by navigating to an executable file. In my case, I want the Emulator command to be pasuspender -- mednafen, and the parameters to be -sounddriver alsa -sounddevice hw:1,7 "%ROM%"

So your response didn't help much Tongue However I think I came up with a workaround...

When I go home from work, I'll try setting "pasuspender" as the Emulator cmd, and then set my parameters as -- mednafen -sounddriver alsa -sounddevice hw:1,7 "%ROM%"

If RCB just slaps the two fields together when launching games, which I'm guessing it does, then it should work Tongue

*EDIT* It worked Smile

- malte - 2011-11-10

Ah, ok, I did not understand. I thought you just wanted to edit the emu params. But it seems that you could help yourselfSmile

- malte - 2011-11-10

@Domina: Sorry, it will take some more time until I will have a new stable version to check in.

In the meantime you could fix the favorites issue on your own. In "RCB install dir/resources/lib/gui.py" you should delete the following line (should be line 1365):
Code:
item.setProperty('isfavorite', self.getGameProperty(gameRow[util.GAME_isFavorite]))

- Domina - 2011-11-10

Thanks Malte I will test, When I get home! Big Grin

Edit: Favorite running right now!

- altoiddealer - 2011-11-11

I'm having an issue ever since the add-on upgraded: After launching XBMC, clicking "Programs" then selecting Rom Collection Browser.... roughly 50% of the time XBMC freezes at this point. This has been happening for a few days now but never happened with the previous version.

Here is the log from .xbmc/temp

clickable text

If there's any more info I can provide please let me know

- malte - 2011-11-11

Strange. You seem to run Dharma, right? I don't know any reason why this should happen. I can't reproduce this myself and there is nothing to see in the log file.

Does it still happen if you install the previous version? Maybe it was another change that you did on your system. What was the previous version (0.8.7 or 0.9.2)?

- altoiddealer - 2011-11-11

malte Wrote:Strange. You seem to run Dharma, right? I don't know any reason why this should happen. I can't reproduce this myself and there is nothing to see in the log file.

Does it still happen if you install the previous version? Maybe it was another change that you did on your system. What was the previous version (0.8.7 or 0.9.2)?

Ubuntu 10.04 Natty, XBMC version is Dharma. Previous RCB version was 0.8.7.

I did not make any changes to my system at all when the problem started occurring. It definitely began happening right after RCB upgraded to 0.9.3

I have hardware upgrades and system updates disabled for months. Actually, the only change I made in a long time was enabling solo mode for my emulators, and changing my mednafen launch command Tongue I use that laptop solely as a media center

I'll try to downgrade back to 0.8.7 and see if that clears up. Its a shame though because I feel like, other than that problem, 0.9.3 seems to run smoother

- malte - 2011-11-11

altoiddealer Wrote:I'll try to downgrade back to 0.8.7 and see if that clears up. Its a shame though because I feel like, other than that problem, 0.9.3 seems to run smoother
This should just be a test if it could be reverted with the older version. Maybe you can also try if you encounter this issue only with certain skins or certain views (Info, Thumb, etc.).