Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-04, 12:52)st graveyard Wrote: Maleficium,

The hyperspin dats are based on No-Intro ... The doubles are left out. So with a simple rename program in WIN (fuzzy rename), we are able to help eachother ;-)

I just need a place to upload my work ...

I'll check Fuzzy Rename, never heard of it but already found it to download. Thanks by tip Smile
I was using RomCenter to rename and merge the doubles in a single zip file.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tranceology3 - 2012-09-05

Anyone know a way to auto enter Fullscreen in the Desmume emulator via RCB. Im looking for the args, not the ALT+Enter combo.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-09-05

sudopinion Wrote:RCB is THE game plugin for XBMC: THE cross-platform mediacenter. Maybe you should ask again.
st graveyard Wrote:Indeed, a gamfaq scraper would be cool, I currently download all art manually from that site. A lot of work ;-)
Maybe I will try again when I will have more time to implement one (just in case they allow it)

st graveyard Wrote:I have an idea to create some kind of nfo/artwork packs for rom collections in RCB. I know that most of you think this is already available @ hyperspin and this is partly true.

Currently I have completed the Genesis collection based on the hyperspin dat file. I have the following artwork :
Is there any interest out there? I would gladly share the work. If there are people out there who like to help out, let me know ... It is just stupid if we would do the same work :-)
Wow, nice idea and great initiative! I am quite sure there will be some interest out there. If there is anything I can do on the coding site to support your plans just let me know. But atm I can only promise to add it on my list for better timesSmile

Unfortunately I can't help with any web space to share your work...

sudopinion Wrote:LOL: "I can't share the preview movie" Circo thinks he owns those for some reason....like he licenses any of that media....what a douche.
I don't think that money is for any licensing. I guess it will be mostly used for hosting costs etc.

dkplayaclub Wrote:I like to view my games in "shift", as you can see. The icons across the bottom always show up as clear boxes. My question is how can I add artwork manually for these?
Usually they should have been scraped automatically. Don't know why this did not work for you. Anyway, if you just add artwork files to your folders you have to tell RCB to import these files again. You can do this using just the "local artwork" scraper and leave all other scraper blank (None). If it still does not show up please upload your xbmc.log file of the import process and the xbmc.log of the first launch after the import process. This should tell me whats going wrong on your system.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dkplayaclub - 2012-09-05

It appears the problem is on my end. I did forget to rescrape once I added the artwork.
I do have to add artwork for boxfront manually every time though. Strange that it works with all my emulators but not for any of my PC games.
As long as I can get it to work I am fine. I don't think it's a problem with this addon. Thanks for your help. This will become one of my most used addons on my HTPC.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tjcinnamon - 2012-09-05

Is there a way to disable the "scroll through every rom graphic on startup"?

Each time I start the plugin it scrolls through the graphic of every single rom. I takes a solid minute or two just to get through all of my NES OR SNES roms. Is there a way where it will load only a few roms in each direction of the initial displayed rom to minimize the delay?

Thanks,
JOe K.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dkplayaclub - 2012-09-05

Getting better all the time. Have almost my entire collection organized to perfection. I just have one more question. When I open RCB, if I am playing any videos or music, it is stopped immediately. Can I make it so it won't interrupt my media playing until I choose to launch a game?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-05, 15:06)malte Wrote:
sudopinion Wrote:LOL: "I can't share the preview movie" Circo thinks he owns those for some reason....like he licenses any of that media....what a douche.
I don't think that money is for any licensing. I guess it will be mostly used for hosting costs etc.
I'm sure that it's a full-time job.  Don't get me wrong: Emumovies is a great resource and has some quality stuff.
I just take issue with people who lay claim to distribution rights for videos and artwork "packs" or "previews" when they don't license any of the content from the actual publishers and artists.
Sort of like compiling pictures of other people's children from magazines & picture-frames and then trying to sell them or claim distribution rights to them. It's sleazy....

That aside, I noticed you have "skilled python coder" as your avatar's tagline...
I think python may be the language to solve this probelm:

I want to crc-check every file in a dir/subdir and match it against a database file containing indexed crc's each with a corresponding proper-name.

Another skilled python coder has submitted this as a starting point:

Code:
sFilePath = os.path.join(sFullPath, sFile)
sFileData = open(sFilePath, 'rb').read()        // 'rb' simply means 'read in binary mode'

# File data hash ------------------------
hFileDataHash = hashlib.md5()                   // hashlib also supports sha1, sha224, sha256, sha384 and sha512 (for CRC32 you should use zlib library instead)
hFileDataHash.update(sFileData)
sFileDataHash = hFileDataHash.hexdigest()

and his psuedo code:

Code:
for each-file:
    if file-extension = .zip/.rar:
        get_hash
    else:
        create_hash

for each-database-entry:
        if file-hash = database-hash:
            copy (or move) original-file -> rom_folder/no-intro-name-file

What do you think? Ideally I'd need the output as a pipe delimited txt file I could parse with batch.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tjcinnamon - 2012-09-06

Does anyone else experience long loading times for the plugin as it cycles through all of the graphics?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ShumOSU - 2012-09-06

Posting something that I also put on the code.google.com site.. curious if anybody else is seeing this

Issue: Artwork does not show up for ROMs added over network

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.Start XBMC, open RCB, add new ROM collection
2.Scrape game info and artwork online
3.Choose network path to emulator and ROMs. The only way I could do this was to first add that network path as a source in XBMC, otherwise can not see network paths here
4.Import games with default settings

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I expect to see every game listed along with artwork for each game.
I actually see every game listed with no artwork. Just a black screen.

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
XBMC 11.0, RCB 1.0.1, Win7

Please provide any additional information below.
When I follow the same steps but instead use a local path to the drive the artwork shows up fine.
Even when the artwork doesn't show up the ROM is still playable. The artwork folders are still created and populated with the correct images.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-06, 22:47)ShumOSU Wrote: Posting something that I also put on the code.google.com site.. curious if anybody else is seeing this

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.Start XBMC, open RCB, add new ROM collection
2.Scrape game info and artwork online
3.Choose network path to emulator and ROMs. The only way I could do this was to first add that network path as a source in XBMC, otherwise can not see network paths here
4.Import games with default settings

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I expect to see every game listed along with artwork for each game.
I actually see every game listed with no artwork. Just a black screen.

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
XBMC 11.0, RCB 1.0.1, Win7

Please provide any additional information below.
When I follow the same steps but instead use a local path to the drive the artwork shows up fine.
Even when the artwork doesn't show up the ROM is still playable. The artwork folders are still created and populated with the correct images.
Is this a locally mounted drive?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ShumOSU - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-06, 22:49)sudopinion Wrote: Is this a locally mounted drive?

It is. I tried it first just mapping normally. Then tried over a network path to the same drive. Doing this to figure out any issues before I go and actually set it up on my HTPC in the other room.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-09-07

sudopinion Wrote:That aside, I noticed you have "skilled python coder" as your avatar's tagline...
I think python may be the language to solve this probelm:

I want to crc-check every file in a dir/subdir and match it against a database file containing indexed crc's each with a corresponding proper-name.

What do you think? Ideally I'd need the output as a pipe delimited txt file I could parse with batch.
I am not as skilled as the tagline may pretendSmile

To check the crc value of a rom file I use this code:
Code:
prev = 0
for eachLine in open(str(filename),"rb"):
    prev = zlib.crc32(eachLine, prev)                                      
filecrc = "%0.8X"%(prev & 0xFFFFFFFF)
To match with your above example you should rename "filename" with "sFilePath".

What output do you need exactly pipe delimited? The crc values or the result of the comparison?
And, what kind of help do you need? Do you need somebody to write the code for you or do you just need some tips how to get along?

tjcinnamon Wrote:Does anyone else experience long loading times for the plugin as it cycles through all of the graphics?
It does not really cycle through all graphics but unfortunately XBMC seems to build up the list item by item and there is no way (that I know of) to stop updating the UI while building the list. This behaviour has changed in XBMC from Dharma to Eden in XBMC. Only way around this in RCB would be to limit result lists to smaller amounts of items. But I don't think this would be really useful.

ShumOSU Wrote:Posting something that I also put on the code.google.com site.. curious if anybody else is seeing this

Yes, I have read your post over there but had no time to respond yet, sorry.

Afaik there may be problems with using paths like "smb://yourserver/yourroms/" or "\\yourserver\yourroms\". But it should work if you use mapped network drives or links like "Z:\yourroms".

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 13:10)malte Wrote: ...
What output do you need exactly pipe delimited? The crc values or the result of the comparison?
And, what kind of help do you need? Do you need somebody to write the code for you or do you just need some tips how toi get along?

Hehe. I have like 1% of the talent and understanding any normal programmer has...and right now I'm merely passing code back and forth.

I'm hoping that between you, and maybe some other people a program can surface that will recurse through a directory and identify known roms...so that I can then use my program to send them to their respective platform directories.
Seeing as I only know batch, I'm looking to get output from a program (such as the one I'm proposing) I can know I can parse to achieve this goal.

I would need the found file and the real name that the crc corresponds to in the db to be pipe delimited.
The output would look like something like this:

Code:
:Super Sega.db
sr7ana (U).zip|Superman (US) (1990) (Stupidsoft)
sr8brt (J).seg|DangerZone (Japan) (1985) (Tomasoft)

:Nintendo Toy Boy 3.db
HammerFace[!].zip|Super Hammer Face (World) (2011)
JunkTrunk[b3].rom|Junk In The Trunk (Beta3) (US)

:Sony Root Kit 4.db
Tekken_Monkey_Touchers.iso|Tekken Monkey Touchers (2010) (E)
SomeDrivingGame.img|Super Real Road Meat 8 (2009) (E)

:Another Platform Database.db
FoundGameFile|Corresponding Real Name

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ShumOSU - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 13:10)malte Wrote: Afaik there may be problems with using paths like "smb://yourserver/yourroms/" or "\\yourserver\yourroms\". But it should work if you use mapped network drives or links like "Z:\yourroms".

No worries; not urgent of course. Thanks for the idea; I'll give it a try when I get back home Sunday night-ish.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - PogMoThoin - 2012-09-09

Please help, I can't for the life of me get this running. I'm trying to follow the Engadget guide on XBMCbuntu. I have a few roms saved locally in a Games/Rom directory I made in Home. They are in zips (SNES are .7z) as I downloaded them in separate NES, SNES, N64 directories. I've even tried extracting them. No matter what I do it doesn't import them and shows up a blank list. Any help would be great.