Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-12-11

Maleficium Wrote:TextCrawler script for RCB nfo files:
Thanks a lot. I will check what you have done and see what I can integrate in RCB soon.

pinto_bean Wrote:THIS IS WHAT DISPLAYS AS DEFAULT IN RCB SETTINGS : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/defaultyr.png
This is what I expected to see each time I would go into the settings after changing them but default is still boxart : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/unsavable.png
Yes, but this is ok. As you say it saves the correct settings. It just cycles the media types always in the same order.

pinto_bean Wrote:At this point, it seems like I"m just not getting something about how to use RCB to display videos. If anybody could shine some light or tell me how to produce some logs for you to view. That would be much appreciated!
For me it works as explained in the link you mentioned. There is one more setting but this should be correct by default. Check in "Edit Rom Collection/Browse Games" the value of "Autoplay video". It should be checked. If this does not help check this link to see how to upload your log file and post the link here.

Zygon Wrote:I am testing RCB 1.0.9 on Frodo Beta 3 Windows using the Aeon Nox 4.0 skin. Everything seems to be working so far but I can't seem to change the views, I want to see other than list but the side menus are not bringing up the View Types only RCB search and filter.
Same here. I will check whats going on.

Zygon Wrote:Ive tried this, I just cannot get it to work for anything. It is very frustrating. Thank you for the reply though.
Sorry, I never set up Dolphin myself so I can't be of help. Did you already search this thread or the ALA thread for "Dolphin"? I know there were several users with problems to set this up. But I think some of them have been successful.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2012-12-12

Well, I have been able to set it up in ALA, I just really would like to just keep this cabinet together for this add on. I really like the layout and style a little more than ALA. Are there possible some sort of change, minor possibly o the parameters to get this working? Usually what works in the other works in this one, just not this particular emulator. Its stumping me

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zygon - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-12, 06:46)toki5 Wrote: Well, I have been able to set it up in ALA, I just really would like to just keep this cabinet together for this add on. I really like the layout and style a little more than ALA. Are there possible some sort of change, minor possibly o the parameters to get this working? Usually what works in the other works in this one, just not this particular emulator. Its stumping me

What version of Dolphin are you using? Also what version of RCB are you using?

Zygon

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - gman3042 - 2012-12-12

Any reason why I keep getting the 'done scraping' notification still on the screen with Frodo Beta 2? This only happens on the home screen. if i go into movies, tv shows, other addons, the notification isn't on the screen. But when I go back to the home screen, it's still there.

Using Aeon Nox.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zygon - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-10, 09:40)toki5 Wrote: Somebody please help get dolphin into this add on. I am on windows 7 32 bit. I have been able to load everything else with this add on, I would like to keep everything in this add on so its nice and clean collection. I just cannot seem to find anywhere with params or anything to get this emulator in this add on. I cannot get games to scrape or anything. Please Help!

Toki5, I have successfully gotten Dolphin to run within Rom Collection Browser, I am however using XBMC Frodo Beta 3 (my test build) as I do not currently have access to my XBMC production build. I would not recommend going to Frodo unless you like playing around in an unstable XBMC environment as many of the addons do not function properly yet. This should work in XBMC 11.0 (Eden) without any issues though.

Here is my setup:

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
XBMC 12.0 - Frodo Beta 3
Aeon Nox 4.0 (Frodo skin)
RCB v 1.0.9
Dolphin 3.0 (stable)

I would stay away from any of the Dolphin setups that are in development. Since I do not know your current setup I cannot try other setups. I will be able to try this in my prod box later tonight but I don't foresee any issues.

I followed the instructions for Dolphin setup in Advanced Launcher: http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Dolphin

I am only using a couple of ISO game files and I have not tried any others. My XBOX 360 controller functions correctly after setup and the Escape key bind also closes Dolphin correctly and returns to the RCB.

I did try it without the correct argument and it was glitchy. Here is the correct argument: /b /e "%rom%". Let me know if you need a walk-through. I would delete your current Dolphin setup from RCB and restart it with only a couple of game files. Also during the initial scraping of the games I had I received a know error about artwork downloading. I have found, for testing purposes only, that limiting the amount of game files you scrape at a time make rescrapping easier.

Good Luck.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2012-12-12

lol, now going through the set up, I cant get stellla to launch. Im getting the command line roll through with no boot of the emulator, when it was working before. sigh.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-12-12

gman3042 Wrote:Any reason why I keep getting the 'done scraping' notification still on the screen with Frodo Beta 2? This only happens on the home screen. if i go into movies, tv shows, other addons, the notification isn't on the screen. But when I go back to the home screen, it's still there.

Using Aeon Nox.
Same here. Thanks for reporting. Will look into this.

toki5 Wrote:lol, now going through the set up, I cant get stellla to launch. Im getting the command line roll through with no boot of the emulator, when it was working before. sigh.
You could show us a log file. This may help understanding where the problem is.

RE: - n1md4 - 2012-12-13

(2011-09-26, 04:30)xbmc17 Wrote:
malte Wrote:I am not sure if Domina used online scrapers or if the artwork and description is collected locally. One thing that is different to the default scrapers is that there is no game plot shown. This leaves a bit more blank space and looks a bit cleaner. Another important thing is to have nice fanart backdrops. thegamesdb is providing some nice ones but not for all games.

Thanks. I guess the fix that I added in 0.9.1 is breaking the scrape process again. As a work around you can check the scraper files in RCBs installation directory (resources/scraper). In "06 - maws.xml" just remove the xml comments or replace the complete file with this version: link. I'll have to rewrite the whole scraping thing one day...

Thank you malte, after adding the attached xml RCB is now scraping my MAME connection!

Malte, I've replaced 06 - maws.xml with the one provided in your link, but still not working. I'm unsure if this is the same issue xbmc17 experienced. Here is my xbmc.log after the scrape attempt:-

Code:
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current Rom Collection: MAME
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: ignoreOnScan: False
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: update is allowed for current rom collection: True
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: max folder depth: 99
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Rom path: ['/home/xbmc/games/mame/roms/*.zip']
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Reading rom files
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: walkDownPath romPath: /home/xbmc/games/mame/roms/*.zip
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: dirname: /home/xbmc/games/mame/roms
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: basename: *.zip
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: checking sub directories
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Files read: [u'/home/xbmc/games/mame/roms/sf2.zip']
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current rom file: /home/xbmc/games/mame/roms/sf2.zip
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (file): sf2.zip
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (friendly): sf2
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: checkRomfileIsMultirom. gamename = sf2, lastgamename =
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Start scraping info for game: sf2
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using scraper: maws.mameworld.info
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: description file (tokens replaced): http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/sf2
23:25:22 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Encoding: iso-8859-1
23:25:23 T:3007801152   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser
23:25:23 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: an error occured while parsing game description: http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/sf2
23:25:23 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Parser complains about: No match found for "title</td>" (at char 537), (line:13, col:2)
23:25:23 T:2796550976  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: No description found for game "sf2". Game will not be imported.

I get that ClearBlock error quite a few times too.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - lestat1977uk - 2012-12-13

im also getting this issue?

also i'm using Aeon nox but only have one view type, is this normal?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-12-13

n1md4 Wrote:Malte, I've replaced 06 - maws.xml with the one provided in your link, but still not working. I'm unsure if this is the same issue xbmc17 experienced. Here is my xbmc.log after the scrape attempt:-
This advise is not up to date anymore. There is no working online scraper in MAWS atm. You could use this one instead.

lestat1977uk Wrote:im also getting this issue?

No, I guess not. There should be a menu on the left side in Aeon Nox where you could change the view and some other design options. It looks like a skin issue and I already informed the guys from Aeon Nox today. I hope they will look into it.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - herds - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-13, 13:57)malte Wrote:
n1md4 Wrote:Malte, I've replaced 06 - maws.xml with the one provided in your link, but still not working. I'm unsure if this is the same issue xbmc17 experienced. Here is my xbmc.log after the scrape attempt:-
This advise is not up to date anymore. There is no working online scraper in MAWS atm. You could use this one instead.

lestat1977uk Wrote:im also getting this issue?

No, I guess not. There should be a menu on the left side in Aeon Nox where you could change the view and some other design options. It looks like a skin issue and I already informed the guys from Aeon Nox today. I hope they will look into it.

Thanks for the MAWS info, I think someone should add it to the thread title or some such as I was about to write a big post about mame not scraping correctly Big Grin

Also.. I have the same 'issue' for aeon nox view... A little get round is to load confluence, select the view you want and then switch back to aeon nox.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - herds - 2012-12-14

Just wanted to say, great app, I've messed around with media center emulators from the beginning and being a newbie to xbmc this is a great to have, especially nice that the 360 controller works within xbmc as standard.

Why is it that this app is not updated in the xbmc repo? I installed it through xbmc only to find it didn't work... then google to find that the current version is much much higher but must be manually downloaded and installed from google code... (apologies if this is a newbie question).

A couple trivial suggestions..

1) A windows manager gui.. one of these might already exists that handles nfo's etc, I just can imagine with a big database of games it would be easier to add within windows and also micro manage.

2) emulator selection icons on startup.. currently all the games are clumped together in the default view, be quite nice for the first screen to have icons for the emulators you have installed which then show you a view of your games list.

3) hide the sorting filter bar along the top... be nice to have the option to disable/hide this bar, or have it be part of the side menu like in most apps, I only import the games I like (rather than have 1000s for the sake of it) so this bar just gets in the way and I often find I press up to be stuck in this menu

4) Extra info... like cheats, trivia etc etc.

..you know your programs are good when people start making trivial requests like this Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-12-14

herds Wrote:Thanks for the MAWS info, I think someone should add it to the thread title or some such as I was about to write a big post about mame not scraping correctly
There is a hint in the first post. But maybe a bit hidden.

Quote:Why is it that this app is not updated in the xbmc repo?
Good question. Always when I want to submit a pull request there is this one little feature that has to be added first. Right now I am working on full localization of the add-on and when this is done I will add it to the repo for sure. This time it is absolutely necessary because the repo version will not work in Frodo anymore.

Quote:1) A windows manager gui.. one of these might already exists that handles nfo's etc, I just can imagine with a big database of games it would be easier to add within windows and also micro manage.
Two users already started to work on this. One of them (fultotop) already had a really good version, I am just waiting for the last bit of code and the permission to "release" it. Unfortunately I did not read any updates for some time.

Quote:2) emulator selection icons on startup.. currently all the games are clumped together in the default view, be quite nice for the first screen to have icons for the emulators you have installed which then show you a view of your games list.
Something like this is planned. But I can't promise that it will ever happen.

Quote:3) hide the sorting filter bar along the top... be nice to have the option to disable/hide this bar, or have it be part of the side menu like in most apps, I only import the games I like (rather than have 1000s for the sake of it) so this bar just gets in the way and I often find I press up to be stuck in this menu
At least an update of the behaviour is planned. So that you don't get stuck in the filters anymore.

Quote:4) Extra info... like cheats, trivia etc etc.
There are some db updates planned in the future. But it also depends on the info that is available on the scraped sites.

Thanks for all your input! If you want to get an idea of my (daily changing) plans, here is my (untidy and never up to date) roadmap: link

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - bluesky2006 - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-14, 17:08)malte Wrote:
herds Wrote:1) A windows manager gui.. one of these might already exists that handles nfo's etc, I just can imagine with a big database of games it would be easier to add within windows and also micro manage.
Two users already started to work on this. One of them (fultotop) already had a really good version, I am just waiting for the last bit of code and the permission to "release" it. Unfortunately I did not read any updates for some time.

Looking forward to this. The XBMC interface is great but not for fiddly admin tasks!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-12-14

There is always the option to edit the database directly via any SQLite editor. A good, free and open source solution is SQLite Studio.