Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NoHesitation - 2013-01-17

I seem to be having issues with solo mode, when I select solo mode, and hit the ROM, nothing happens. Here is the log file, if it helps...

http://pastebin.com/6ZjUrWX0

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-17

Ghostdivision Wrote:The issue i have currently is the emulators are open and some of them when i exit dont close when the game is finished. How do people deal with that?
What do you mean when the game is finished? You try to quit the emulator but they don't quit?

I am using a keyboard and do a simple Alt+F4 to exit my emulators. Others have additional software installed to map joypad or remote buttons to exit the emulator. But I can't help you with this because I never tried it myself.

johnmerrick Wrote:I can no longer launch mame emulator whereas previously I could. Not sure if this log explains it.
You should make sure that you set the path to your roms in the mame.ini file. Additionally you should set the path to the mame.ini file in your emu params with the "-inipath" argument.

johnmerrick Wrote:I also can no longer save the config file when I edit the rom collection.
I see this error in the log file. There seems to be an error in your config.xml file. Can you show me this file, too?

easyrider Wrote:Anyway, I installed Mame and ran the rom collection browser but it just launced without the screen to configure the mame path etc...

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing...I have even deleted the script rom collection browser from roaming xbmc addon folder meaning I had to download it again in XBMC
Just press "C" on the keyboard or "Menu" on the remote. This should launch the context menu. Choose "Add Rom Collection" to start the wizard again.

CyberEvil Wrote:Once the import finishes and starts building up the "pages" (by then I see the counter going on and some thumbs on screen with the name) it eventually freezes around 2.8k and won't do anything else. It won't let me use the menus nor close XBMC, so I have to kill it. Once inside again, it does the same thing. Any ideas?
What version of RCB and XBMC and what skin are you using? On what platform? I tested with some k of games myself and it worked well so far. But this was on my HTPC. If you are on a smaller machine (like rpi or revo) you may get RAM issues when you try to load that many games. Can you show me the log file after it hangs? Edit: ok, just saw your editSmile

NoHesitation Wrote:I seem to be having issues with solo mode, when I select solo mode, and hit the ROM, nothing happens. Here is the log file, if it helps...
Is the file applaunch.sh executable? You must set the x right to get this working.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - CyberEvil - 2013-01-17

Hi Malte, thanks!

Here's the log:
http://pastebin.com/cWvLstb4

I'm on Frodo RC3, and tried AEON MQ4 and Confluence with the same results (Windows).

Thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-17

Ok, thanks. Can you show me a full log? I guess in this case a debug (XBMC and RCB set to debug) log would also be good.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - CyberEvil - 2013-01-17

Thanks again Smile

Here it goes (a bit large, was taken from just starting XBMC --> opening the RCB):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71797/xbmc.log?dl=1
Side note: This time it didn't froze entirely, it allowed me to "move" (meaning I've heard sound) but then froze after a while

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NoHesitation - 2013-01-17

NoHesitation Wrote:I seem to be having issues with solo mode, when I select solo mode, and hit the ROM, nothing happens. Here is the log file, if it helps...
Is the file applaunch.sh executable? You must set the x right to get this working.
[/quote]

Where is applaunch.sh located? I have not gone in and enabled it as executable yet.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - easyrider - 2013-01-17

Quote:Just press "C" on the keyboard or "Menu" on the remote. This should launch the context menu. Choose "Add Rom Collection" to start the wizard again.
Ok thanks I did that and the wizard started. However I am still not getting roms into the addon.

I have mapped a network drive \\server\games\mame\roms

In here are hundreds of zip files

I add this path and the scan starts but I get a message saying "first 10 roms cannot be imported"

I click continue and it scans again but then I get the same message

How do I link to my roms on the server

I have added *.zip in the wizard as all the roms are that are in the mame folder are zipped

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NoHesitation - 2013-01-18

Malte, allowing applauncher.sh to be executable worked like a charm, thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-17, 20:29)malte Wrote:
Ghostdivision Wrote:The issue i have currently is the emulators are open and some of them when i exit dont close when the game is finished. How do people deal with that?
What do you mean when the game is finished? You try to quit the emulator but they don't quit?

I can always quit the game, but cant seem to quit the emulator itself, a window is left up, and the emulator is still open.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - gtjamesdad - 2013-01-18

First of all, thank you for a great script/addon.

I don't know if this is possible, but I would like to create a different structure for browsing my games. Like in XBMC, you have TV Show/Seasons/Episodes.

So, I would like to have Emulator Type/ROMS.

I know you can use filtering to create different views of your collection. But switching to "filter" doesn't feel natural to me. So I was looking for a different method.

I've though about a few different ways to do it, but not much luck so far. Some questions:

1) How difficult is it to "clone" or "instance" RCB?. I tried it today by just copying the folder and changing all references to script.games.rom.collection.browser into script.games.rom.collection.browser.pcgames. But it didn't work. Perhaps I am missing something.
2) Would an advanced playlist work? I know they work for music or videos, but unclear if they work for scripts/plugins.
3) Any other ideas? Any tricks with any skins I can use?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-18

I am so close to having this working, when i launch zsnes through RCB i get no sound 90% of the time, im using windows 7 hdmi, wasapi passthrough.

If i load the game in zsnes outside xbmc it works fine with sound, can anyone help or offer advice?

Is this simply not going to work using wasapi, hdmi and trying to run emulators through xbmc?

I am using frodo rc 3 as well.

It appears disabling gui sounds fixes it, but not really a solution....

I can use other applications like launch a web browser and get sound from youtube while xbmc is still active, the audio engine i thought was designed to let other things take priority?

Although maybe its not happening fast enough?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-18

CyberEvil Wrote:Here it goes (a bit large, was taken from just starting XBMC --> opening the RCB):
Really strange. I don't see anything RCB related at the end of the log. RCB has loaded the games from DB and the skin is trying to display them. XBMC is still in the process of caching the images.

I tested it here again and everything is working with 5k db entries. I will test again with latest nightlies as I am still on RC3.

easyrider Wrote:I have mapped a network drive \\server\games\mame\roms
In here are hundreds of zip files
I add this path and the scan starts but I get a message saying "first 10 roms cannot be imported"
I click continue and it scans again but then I get the same message
Did you read this?

gtjamesdad Wrote:I don't know if this is possible, but I would like to create a different structure for browsing my games. Like in XBMC, you have TV Show/Seasons/Episodes.

So, I would like to have Emulator Type/ROMS.

I know you can use filtering to create different views of your collection. But switching to "filter" doesn't feel natural to me. So I was looking for a different method.
This is not possible in current release. I am planning to add something like a dashboard that will have all consoles listed with the option to jump into the games for one console. But I am not sure if I will be able to start working on this in the next months. There are too many other issues that are more important to me.

I am also thinking about reworking the filters the way the new filter feature works in XBMC. I am still not sure if I like this way of filtering more than the current RCB way. But it may be better to do it the same way as XBMC.

gtjamesdad Wrote:1) How difficult is it to "clone" or "instance" RCB?. I tried it today by just copying the folder and changing all references to script.games.rom.collection.browser into script.games.rom.collection.browser.pcgames. But it didn't work. Perhaps I am missing something.
I never tried this and I don't know if this is possible. Never heard of anybody else who is doing this with RCB. Thats why we have the filtersSmile

Maybe I can try this out and report back in the next days.

gtjamesdad Wrote:2) Would an advanced playlist work? I know they work for music or videos, but unclear if they work for scripts/plugins.
Same as above. I don't think so.

gtjamesdad Wrote:3) Any other ideas? Any tricks with any skins I can use?
I know that Advanced Launcher works the way you suggest. Maybe it will be worth a try if you like this more. ALA also supports being duplicated to separate different launchers (so it does not seem to be impossible).

Ghostdivision Wrote:I am so close to having this working, when i launch zsnes through RCB i get no sound 90% of the time, im using windows 7 hdmi, wasapi passthrough.

If i load the game in zsnes outside xbmc it works fine with sound, can anyone help or offer advice?

Is this simply not going to work using wasapi, hdmi and trying to run emulators through xbmc?
So, exiting the emulators already works?

Sorry, I am no expert with this. I am still dealing with a 3,5mm jack here. Maybe you could try to launch games in solo mode. It may happen that XBMC is still sitting on some audio ressources when you launch the emulator.

Yup that is whats happening, will try solo mode, although im not sure what that is but will look for it right now.
hmm solo might have done the trick. Will test more.

Well solo mode works but whenever i exit the emulator i get a bad error, saying C: Application Create () failed check log file and that it is writeable?

My log file is writeable i view it every day, Ill try to post the log from my htpc in a second here.

Now this error is showing up just trying to launch the rom. I should mention their still is a log but since starting solo mode and this error their is no longer an Old log....

00:36:24 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showCharacterFilter
00:36:24 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showCharacterFilter
00:36:24 T:2380 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 1100
00:36:24 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Control with id: 1100 could not be found. Check WindowXML file. Error: Non-Existent Control 1100
00:36:24 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGames
00:36:24 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: helper.buildLikeStatement
00:36:24 T:2380 NOTICE: showGames: load games from db in 41 ms
00:36:25 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: showGames: load 467 games to list in 331 ms
00:36:25 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGames
00:36:25 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
00:36:25 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
00:36:25 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End loadViewState
00:36:25 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End onInit
00:36:26 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 2
00:36:26 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
00:36:26 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
00:36:26 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 2
00:36:26 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
00:36:26 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
00:36:27 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 1
00:36:27 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
00:36:27 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
00:36:27 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 1
00:36:27 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin showGameInfo
00:36:27 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launchEmu
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launching game with id: 115
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin launcher.launchEmu
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: files for current game: [(u'C:\\Users\\HTPC\\Documents\\Games\\Znes\\Games\\Frogger (U).smc',)]
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launcher.buildCmd
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuCommandLine: C:\Users\HTPC\Documents\Games\Znes\zsnesw.exe
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: preCmdLine:
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postCmdLine:
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Getting Multiple Disc Parameter
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuParams: "%ROM%"
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: rom: C:\Users\HTPC\Documents\Games\Znes\Games\Frogger (U).smc
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No precmd created.
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No postcmd created.
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewState
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin saveViewMode
00:36:30 T:2380 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 1100
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Control with id: 1100 could not be found. Check WindowXML file. Error: Non-Existent Control 1100
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewMode
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin helper.saveViewState
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End helper.saveViewState
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End saveViewState
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: call "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\applaunch.bat" "C\:\\Users\\HTPC\\Documents\\Games\\Znes\\zsnesw\.exe" "C\:\\Users\\HTPC\\Documents\\Games\\Znes\\Games\\Frogger\ \(U\)\.smc"
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: precmd: call
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postcmd: call
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu
00:36:30 T:2380 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 7