Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-18

Well i think from all that it is this eror causing the problem

"Control with id:1000 could not be found. check windows xml file."

A search shows someone had this error in mq3 in kiosk mode.

I am using mq4 in non kiosk mode?

And i switched to confluence and still the same errors?
Turning off escape emulator command seems to solve this error from appearing during launch, but when i exit to go back to xbmc i still get this error now, and have to relaunch xbmc?

Will give this a try.

http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/FAQ

Well looks like im out of luck, the fix did not work for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-18

By the way, this might be over my head but i am not sure if this is suppose to be pointing to something, but i think on 64 bit windows if its suppose to point to xbmc.exe it should be

"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-18

In newer versions I already changed that to %PROGRAMFILES% variable. But I am not sure if this is resolved correctly.

If you don't get it to work with the "explorer"-hack you can still try to replace the launching scripts with the scripts from the project page: link.

hmmm i did grab the latest version today 1.12, will give this link a try though, i really hope this works, i dont really want to turn gui sounds off as a solution and i dont want to give up on making this work either.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - easyrider - 2013-01-18

Thanks for the link to the guide will get this sorted over the weekend

Noob question that I can't find in your guide...Which Mame exe do I link to?

I have 3 in my Mame installation folder?

Thanks

I just tried the link files, and no luck, it launches, but as soon as i try to go back to xbmc i get that same error, i dont get it.

Nevermind reboot and it is working.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - johnmerrick - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-17, 20:29)malte Wrote: [quote=johnmerrick]
I can no longer launch mame emulator whereas previously I could. Not sure if this log explains it.
You should make sure that you set the path to your roms in the mame.ini file. Additionally you should set the path to the mame.ini file in your emu params with the "-inipath" argument.

johnmerrick Wrote:I also can no longer save the config file when I edit the rom collection.
I see this error in the log file. There seems to be an error in your config.xml file. Can you show me this file, too?

Here are my configs: One from home: Config Home this is the one I couldn't edit.

One from work: Config Work

I couldn't edit the one at work this morning. The same thing was happening. If i edit the rom collection then try and edit the emulator params then I can't save the config. I have to delete the collection first then re add it.

Also, Mamui versions don't need to be configured at all. They just work!

PS: i managed to get the mame working by adjusting the inipath params as you said.

Just to make sure the explorer entry should look like this?

Restart XBMC explorer "%PROGRAMFILES%\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

If you can confirm the above was right first just so i know?

The vbs files you linked to seem to be working.

My only concern is that this will need to be done every time a new rcb is installed? Is their anyway around this, that could get quite tedious for those of us who need to do it this way.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-18

easyrider Wrote:I have 3 in my Mame installation folder?
Don't know it for sure. I guess it was mame.exe. But I am not at my PC atm, so I can't check.

easyrider Wrote:I couldn't edit the one at work this morning. The same thing was happening. If i edit the rom collection then try and edit the emulator params then I can't save the config. I have to delete the collection first then re add it.
I will try with your config myself. I hope to find the error this way.

Ghostdivision Wrote:Just to make sure the explorer entry should look like this?

Restart XBMC explorer "%PROGRAMFILES%\XBMC\XBMC.exe"
It should look like this:
Code:
REM Done? Restart XBMC
explorer "%PROGRAMFILES%\XBMC\XBMC.exe"
The REM is the start of a comment and the "Restart XBMC" is also part of the comment. You could also just delete the whole line.

Ghostdivision Wrote:The vbs files you linked to seem to be working.

My only concern is that this will need to be done every time a new rcb is installed? Is their anyway around this, that could get quite tedious for those of us who need to do it this way.
I want to address this issue with the next version. My plan is to move all the script files to the userdata folder that does not get wiped with new releases. So, from next release (or the one after thatSmile) you should not need to do this again.

Thanks that would be great!!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - CyberEvil - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-18, 08:57)malte Wrote:
CyberEvil Wrote:Here it goes (a bit large, was taken from just starting XBMC --> opening the RCB):
Really strange. I don't see anything RCB related at the end of the log. RCB has loaded the games from DB and the skin is trying to display them. XBMC is still in the process of caching the images.

I tested it here again and everything is working with 5k db entries. I will test again with latest nightlies as I am still on RC3.

No avail Sad Honestly tried too many things by now... deleted and reimported everything over 20 times with the same results. Freezes / Cycles menus with a few displayed (around 2.5k) then does noting when clicking (have to force a kill). Tried 2 different boxes with XBMC different RC3 versions. If based on my debug logs you find anything, I will make you a monument!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rusher - 2013-01-19

Anyone know what the correct Emulator Param is to start GameCube games using Dolphin on Mac? I had it configured like a year ago, but had to reinstall and can't remember. Thx in advance

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-19

I cant seem to get project 64 working. It just says it failed on launch.

My file mask is setup as follows *.Z64, *.Rom, *.V64,

those are the formats of my roms.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, here is my log if that helps. The error that popsup just says failed to open file.

01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: files for current game: [(u'C:\\Users\\HTPC\\Documents\\Games\\Project 64\\Project64k\\Roms\\Super Mario 64 (U) [!].z64',)]
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launcher.buildCmd
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuCommandLine: C:\Users\HTPC\Documents\Games\Project 64\Project64k\Project64k.exe
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: preCmdLine:
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postCmdLine:
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Getting Multiple Disc Parameter
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: emuParams: "%ROM%"
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: rom: C:\Users\HTPC\Documents\Games\Project 64\Project64k\Roms\Super Mario 64 (U) [!].z64
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No precmd created.
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No postcmd created.
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: call "C:\Users\HTPC\Documents\Games\Project 64\Project64k\Project64k.exe" "C:\Users\HTPC\Documents\Games\Project 64\Project64k\Roms\Super Mario 64 (U) [!].z64"
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: precmd: call
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postcmd: call
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: screenMode: 1920x1080 @ 60.00 - Full Screen
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Windowed mode
01:11:36 T:2904 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu
01:11:36 T:2904 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 7

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-19

Sorry I believe I am using an outdated version of project 64, my bad.

Ugh i still keep getting attempt to open file failed?

This seems to be main error still appearing from the log above.

01:11:36 T:2904 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)