Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - galbeida - 2013-04-21

First I would like to thank the help everyone, my problem is this, there are times that the scrappers dont found a cover, and I can add it by hand? thank you very much

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - n1md4 - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-21, 00:01)n1md4 Wrote: Hi. I'm having good success with most emulators, there's some choppy sound here and there, and the PS3 controller isn't perfect, but most of all it's good fun -- I'll iron out the bumps later.

But, I do have an issue with PCSX2 (Linux). When I launch a game (I have a BIOS set) I get a white screen, which i assume should be playing video, I can hear the audio though. Is this a common issue, and any ideas how to fix it?

I've got around the previous problem, using the official PCSX2 PPA, but the system is still largely unplayable. I've posted for further assistance here, as this does not appear to be a launcher related issue - it might be useful for someone else with the same problem though.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - EagleDelta1 - 2013-04-22

Ok, so I'm having 2 problems:

1. When I import games, the scrapers tend to grab the Japanese Artwork on about 50% of games... especially on GBA, GBC, and GB games

2. Even when I specify that the artwork is stored locally, RCB still downloads artwork from the scrapers. Then if I replace that file with the english one and attempt to update the information on the rom, it ignores it and continues using the Jap artwork, or even the fanart instead of the art I want.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Scratch - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-19, 07:09)malte Wrote: You mixed up the parameters.
In mame.ini it should just be:
Code:
rompath                   D:\games\mame32\mame\roms

Your emuparams in RCB should look like this:
Code:
-inipath "D:\games\mame32\mame" "%ROM%
Thank you very much for he help I was able to get it to work. Gret work much appreciated.Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - o9r1sh - 2013-04-22

Hello everyone. I've been playing around with Garbears intergrated emulators branch for the last few days and was hoping for some tips. Everything is working great as far as the games playing as expected when launching from XBMC's native file browser but for some reason i'm unable to get RCB to launch roms with the internal emulators.

The error I receive is as follows

error while loading emu none type oblect is unscriptable

I'm currently using version 2.0.6 of RCB and I have edited the RCB config.xml
like so <useBuiltinEmulator>True</useBuiltinEmulator> for all rom collections I have.

Any idea what I might be missing?

Thank you for your time.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-22

sagaopc Wrote:I configured the gameboy advance games, but some boxfront are in the Japanese version, breaking the pattern of all other boxfront. And also because it has hack roms do not have the boxfront in the database.
There is no region filter for cover download atm. I am planning to rewrite the scraping process and hope that I can address this issue too.

sagaopc Wrote:Have problems with games two discs ... zip them and if I try to open the RCB crashes if I put the boxfront separated only appears on a disc only ...
Can you show me a log file after RCB crashed?

sagaopc Wrote:another question: I'm using version 12.1 of XBMC and RCB is version 2.0.0. I tried to update but there's no option. I tried to install via ZIP and did not recognize, did not install. This version is compatible with 12.1 or will I have to upgrade to 12.2?
Current version (2.0.6) should just have hit the repo. So it should usually update automatically.

galbeida Wrote:First I would like to thank the help everyone, my problem is this, there are times that the scrappers dont found a cover, and I can add it by hand? thank you very much
You can try to rescrape single games with different scrapers and see if they find artwork for your games. If you want to add artwork manually just store it in the artwork folders of your rom collection and do a reimport with scraper "local artwork".

EagleDelta1 Wrote:1. When I import games, the scrapers tend to grab the Japanese Artwork on about 50% of games... especially on GBA, GBC, and GB games
As said above atm this is not supported. I hope that I can fix this in the next months (will take some time).

EagleDelta1 Wrote:2. Even when I specify that the artwork is stored locally, RCB still downloads artwork from the scrapers. Then if I replace that file with the english one and attempt to update the information on the rom, it ignores it and continues using the Jap artwork, or even the fanart instead of the art I want.
I don't really understand. What scraper did you use? RCB will download artwork as soon as you choose one online scraper.

If RCB still shows the old artwork it is still cached by XBMC. Just wait some days and it should show the new artwork.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-22

o9r1sh Wrote:Hello everyone. I've been playing around with Garbears intergrated emulators branch for the last few days and was hoping for some tips. Everything is working great as far as the games playing as expected when launching from XBMC's native file browser but for some reason i'm unable to get RCB to launch roms with the internal emulators.

I just tested this with 2.0.6 and a RetroPlayer build from April 9. I had some issues because RetroPlayer wasn't fetching the correct core (still have to check this).

But everything worked when I set the core manually in config.xml:
Code:
<RomCollection id="5" name="SNES">
      <useBuiltinEmulator>True</useBuiltinEmulator>
      <gameclient>gameclient.win32.snes9x.next</gameclient>

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - galbeida - 2013-04-22

malte Wrote:You can try to rescrape single games with different scrapers and see if they find artwork for your games. If you want to add artwork manually just store it in the artwork folders of your rom collection and do a reimport with scraper "local artwork".

Thank you very much, but where I chose my artwork folders? I do not see it.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Cosmo_Kramer - 2013-04-22

Hello everyone,
thank you for this add-on. It looks great and runs great. I have one problem, in my Nintendo 64 Roms, I have Zelda - Ocarina of Time and Zelda - Ocarina of Time Master Quest. When I import games, RCB will not import the Master Quest edition, only the original. Is there a way around this or is there a way to manually create the nfo file perhaps?

Thanks for your time.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - o9r1sh - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 07:46)malte Wrote:
o9r1sh Wrote:Hello everyone. I've been playing around with Garbears intergrated emulators branch for the last few days and was hoping for some tips. Everything is working great as far as the games playing as expected when launching from XBMC's native file browser but for some reason i'm unable to get RCB to launch roms with the internal emulators.

I just tested this with 2.0.6 and a RetroPlayer build from April 9. I had some issues because RetroPlayer wasn't fetching the correct core (still have to check this).

But everything worked when I set the core manually in config.xml:
Code:
<RomCollection id="5" name="SNES">
      <gameclient>gameclient.win32.snes9x.next</gameclient>

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and edited the NES section of my config as follows

<gameclient>gameclient.fceu-next</gameclient>

But didn't have any luck there.
I'm currently adding my SNES set to RCB to see if I have
any luck there.

I realize this is all in development and don;t expect everything to work flawlessly. Thanks again.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-23

galbeida Wrote:Thank you very much, but where I chose my artwork folders? I do not see it.
You can check your artwork folders in Edit Rom Collection dialog on the Import game data tab: link

Cosmo_Kramer Wrote:I have one problem, in my Nintendo 64 Roms, I have Zelda - Ocarina of Time and Zelda - Ocarina of Time Master Quest. When I import games, RCB will not import the Master Quest edition, only the original. Is there a way around this or is there a way to manually create the nfo file perhaps?
Did you check the scraped sites if both games are available? Maybe it will already work with another scraper.

You can also create an nfo file manually. You should find some examples of nfo file next to your roms if you did not disable creating nfo files. Then just do a reimport with only the "local nfo" scraper.

o9r1sh Wrote:But didn't have any luck there.
I'm currently adding my SNES set to RCB to see if I have
any luck there.

I realize this is all in development and don;t expect everything to work flawlessly. Thanks again.
Can you show me a log file of this error?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - o9r1sh - 2013-04-23

Heres a log http://pastebin.com/yMMdSNdD
The error is on line 1756.

I'm currently running on the 9 April Build of Retroplayer and using Version 2.0.6 of RCB.
The skin I'm using is Aeon Nox Version 4.0.9.

On an unrelated note, I can't seem to get Aeon Nox to play my Emumovies videos. They play fine if I switch the skin back to Confluence but with Nox its just black where the video should be.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-23

o9r1sh Wrote:Heres a log http://pastebin.com/yMMdSNdD
The relevant error occurs at 1749:
Code:
04:50:51 T:6572  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('rb') or filename: 'smb://SERVER-PC/...'
Looks like there is an error with unzipping or accessing the file on the smb share. I will check if I can reproduce this here. Maybe you can try to disable zip extraction of the files in Edit Rom Collection/Launch Games.

o9r1sh Wrote:On an unrelated note, I can't seem to get Aeon Nox to play my Emumovies videos. They play fine if I switch the skin back to Confluence but with Nox its just black where the video should be.
Yes, this is a known error in Nox. I still have to get my list with current issues together and send it over to the Nox guys.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - willp2003 - 2013-04-23

Hi, just starting using this along with zsnes. I don't get any audio though. If I use zsnes on it's own the audio is fine. Using Win 7. Sorry if this has been covered but my search didn't return much.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - o9r1sh - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 17:47)malte Wrote:
o9r1sh Wrote:Heres a log http://pastebin.com/yMMdSNdD
The relevant error occurs at 1749:
Code:
04:50:51 T:6572  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('rb') or filename: 'smb://SERVER-PC/...'
Looks like there is an error with unzipping or accessing the file on the smb share. I will check if I can reproduce this here. Maybe you can try to disable zip extraction of the files in Edit Rom Collection/Launch Games.

o9r1sh Wrote:On an unrelated note, I can't seem to get Aeon Nox to play my Emumovies videos. They play fine if I switch the skin back to Confluence but with Nox its just black where the video should be.
Yes, this is a known error in Nox. I still have to get my list with current issues together and send it over to the Nox guys.

Good to know. It never crossed my mind that the smb share could be the problem. I'll try your suggestions above when I get home. Will let you know how it goes.