Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-29

fixxxer76 Wrote:Ive been using RCB for a couple years now , but i recently installed a fresh version of frodo, and added rcb 2.0.6 and now when i go to scrape my game folder it only imports up to letters A and B and will not read any further even though all my games are in the same folder with the same path ending. Any thoughts?
Sounds like you ran into a bug with a certain game that stops RCBs import. Can you show me the xbmc.log file after you tried to import your games?

senna99 Wrote:Now I have thumbs and fanart everything is ok,but rom not scanning new games on xbmc startup in setup I set to scan on startup.
Can you show me your xbmc.log after XBMC startup?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - senna99 - 2013-04-29

I hope that the link ok for my log file

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14843

Dead Space 3 It's the last game that I put in C:\Games\Standalone

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-04-30

Looks like RCB service addon is not running for some reason. I can see that it is installed. Maybe it is disabled?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - senna99 - 2013-04-30

Thanks Malte
Maybe I'm wrong, something in the settings.
I have a question I use Xperience1080 mod binBD,how to enable view game with this skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Scratch - 2013-04-30

Is there a howto or wiki link to manually add mame artwork. Naming conventions etc.... Also I am having the same issue stated by Cosmo. If I run the emulation for longer than a few minutes. On exit xbmc is not in full screen. Win7 64

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dohnalradek - 2013-04-30

Hi.
I have XMBC frodo work on full Ubuntu 12.10. First month RCB work fine on this OS. But now, i dont know why, Im unable to run it. I didn to any changes, I just only install new skin Confluence customizable. But when I see, that RCB not work I uninstall it. Im still not able to run it, there is any problem with python. And some new updates was installed on Ubuntu, maybe.
Log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15119

Exactly same problem I had on XBMCubuntu.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - denz13 - 2013-04-30

Hi,
I've got Project64 added as an emu in RCB along with some ROMs, for some reason when attempting to open the ROMs through XBMC it minimizes XBMC then a windowed instance of Project64 is shown with an error stating - "attempt to open file failed"

Opening the file directly within Project64 works fine without a problem, any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Scratch - 2013-05-01

Project64 link
Found it thanks
(2012-05-22, 07:45)malte Wrote: Did you check this guide when setting up project64? If you still have problems please show your log file after you tried to launch a game.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - o9r1sh - 2013-05-01

Hello again. Everything been going fine for the most part while setting up my collection but I ran into a small issue with multi disc games. They set up to launch properly but I cant seem to get them to play the relevant video. Any advice?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-05-02

senna99 Wrote:I have a question I use Xperience1080 mod binBD,how to enable view game with this skin.
I am not sure if I understand 100%. But afaik Xperience has no RCB support, so it should usually use the default Confluence views.

Scratch Wrote:Is there a howto or wiki link to manually add mame artwork. Naming conventions etc.... Also I am having the same issue stated by Cosmo. If I run the emulation for longer than a few minutes. On exit xbmc is not in full screen. Win7 64
In this guide there is a short list of mappings that I did for my ownn collection. Not sure if this is what you are searching for. But I don't think that other skins than Confluence already support ths MAME specific views with cabinet and marquee artwork.

I have to check this launching issue. But it does not sound like something that I can control from RCB. But I will see.

dohnalradek Wrote:I have XMBC frodo work on full Ubuntu 12.10. First month RCB work fine on this OS. But now, i dont know why, Im unable to run it. I didn to any changes, I just only install new skin Confluence customizable. But when I see, that RCB not work I uninstall it. Im still not able to run it, there is any problem with python. And some new updates was installed on Ubuntu, maybe.
Uhh, bad. Thats the sqlite error again. For some reason XBMC/Ubuntu is providing the wrong version of pysqlite (a python library for database access). I have an Ububtu installation myself but I was not able to reproduce this issue. I will see if I can build a new version with the correct libraries.

o9r1sh Wrote:Hello again. Everything been going fine for the most part while setting up my collection but I ran into a small issue with multi disc games. They set up to launch properly but I cant seem to get them to play the relevant video. Any advice?
I have to check. Can you give me an example how you name your games and the videos?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ringoko - 2013-05-02

I'd like to try out different RCB skin settings but Addon settings is empty, is there something I've missed?

http://i.imgur.com/wxjAYJY.jpg

edit - xbmc frodo, win 7 64

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - o9r1sh - 2013-05-02

Don't you just love it when you spend 5 minutes typing a post then forget to hit the post reply button Sad
Anyway, I have my rom collection named like so "Resident Evil (USA) (Disc 1)" All roms are in a folder named games with subfolders for each system.
I have my videos and other artwork is named like this "Resident Evil (USA) (Disc 1)" All artwork is in a folder called media with subfolders for each system and each system has subfolders for each artwork type. All videos are .flv and .mp4

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - TheDoctorFrosty - 2013-05-05

Hello I've been experimenting with RCB for months now and I only have one problem. whenever I try to use RCB with my Playstation 1, multi-disc games, it doesn't show Discs 3 and 4, on one game it just shows"_Disk" and on another "_Dis". On the game that shows "_Disk" it only loads disc 1, and on the game that shows "_Dis" it doesn't even load. Everything else though works well, pc, Game Boy, GBA and, SNES work just fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-05-06

Ringoko Wrote:I'd like to try out different RCB skin settings but Addon settings is empty, is there something I've missed?
Strange. Never seen this. Does this happen every time you open the settings? Can you show me the xbmc.log after you do this?

TheDoctorFrosty Wrote:Hello I've been experimenting with RCB for months now and I only have one problem. whenever I try to use RCB with my Playstation 1, multi-disc games, it doesn't show Discs 3 and 4, on one game it just shows"_Disk" and on another "_Dis".
Sounds like you are using the wrong disk indicator. How did you name your multi disc games? Maybe I can help to find the correct one. Here are also some examples of disk indicators.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ringoko - 2013-05-06

(2013-05-06, 07:13)malte Wrote:
Ringoko Wrote:I'd like to try out different RCB skin settings but Addon settings is empty, is there something I've missed?
Strange. Never seen this. Does this happen every time you open the settings? Can you show me the xbmc.log after you do this?

It happens every time. I currently don't have any collections set up as I was about to change the emulator...

Here is the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=16505