Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-01

I think i figured it out, i had to set it to best guess instead of accurate. it was not scrapping alot of them.

Im still not getting quite a portion of items scrapped though, would be interested if anyone else is finding this. Using the emumovies program for instance it scraped 200 cartridges and meanwhile rcb scrapped about 50.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-01

Like my ROM name is F-ZERO (U) [!].smc

And moby games show f-zero cartridge here.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/f-zero/cover-art

But none of that is scrapped.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - blinken - 2013-06-01

(2013-06-01, 03:34)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks for the reply. For nintendo those paths are there, inside those folders are 2 to 3 images of artwork for out of 200 scrapped roms....When i originally set this up i had way more. Somethings wrong with this program or the scraper websites imo.

Now for snes and genesis those paths are in fact in rcb, but no folders at all for them when I check those paths in windows, indicating it found no images for them and did not scrape any.

I appreciate the help in this, i dont know if you have time or would want to but i bet if you have snes or genesis and delete your rom collection and try to rescape and reimport it you will end up with a bunch of images not scrapped anymore.

Its all i can think is the problem...If someone else can try and let me know. The real reason is when i scrapped super nes back in janurary it found everything, and every image. Now its missing a ton of images.

Coincidentally I will be rescraping my entire collection in about 2 hours (after my bandwidth resets) to solve a problem I'm having Big Grin I will let you know if I encounter any similar problems in the process.

Thanks, now im wondering if its my naming, do you know for f-zero example I should remove the stuff at the end? The (U) and [!]?

F-ZERO (U) [!].smc

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - blinken - 2013-06-01

(2013-06-01, 04:28)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks, now im wondering if its my naming, do you know for f-zero example I should remove the stuff at the end? The (U) and [!]?

F-ZERO (U) [!].smc

You shouldn't have to rename anything.

Thanks thats what i was thinking as well.

(2013-06-01, 03:58)Ghostdivision Wrote: I think i figured it out, i had to set it to best guess instead of accurate. it was not scrapping alot of them.

Im still not getting quite a portion of items scrapped though, would be interested if anyone else is finding this. Using the emumovies program for instance it scraped 200 cartridges and meanwhile rcb scrapped about 50.

Haha I'm having the same problem! I just deleted my thumbnail folder and all my local data and added an emulator. 75% of the boxart didn't download. I have no idea why this is! Looking into it...

EDIT: The exact problem you are having, it creates the folders but barely anything inside. For instance, screenshot has like 4 images... May have to go back to a previous version of XBMC and RCB. I can't see how we would both be having the same problem unless there is some fundamental flaw in Frodo or 2.06.

I actually seem to have gotten this working but it was not nice, i have noticed that updating an already imported collection never seems to work, it updates and grabs maybe the odd new thing. I dont know why...

So I had to literally delete all my nfo's and artwork, and delete my collection and rescrape everything and set it to "automatic:best guess"

Its now scrapping everything again. But this is not a nice solution. I have always noticed for whatever reason when you want to change something and re-import it and scrape something new or different does not seem to work. So for instance when I imported my library originally it was set to "automatic accurate" and it did not get much of anything, so inside RCB i simply tried to set it to automatic:best guess, and reimport my snes library which was already present in rcb, and it would not work! It got a couple new things but that was it.

You have to literally delete the entire SNES rom collection, and all my existing nfo's, and artwork and start over. I am not sure if deleting nfo's and artwork are necessary, but deleting my Snes rom collection inside rcb and rescaping everything was certainly needed, then it literally scraped everything. Why could it not do this without having to delete the rom collection and starting from scratch?. When I set this addon up back months ago i noticed this to, if i imported a collection and set something wrong you could not change it and re-import it for things to scrape properly, you had to literally start from scratch create everything again for everything to work and scrape properly, i dont know why but its frustrating.

This is my favorite addon for xbmc, with a few tweaks and improvements to update a current library if you make changes and want to re-scrape artwork it could be perfect, and hopefully malte has time to continue this addon to make sure of issues and things not breaking, this addon could be flawless.

(2013-06-01, 07:52)Ghostdivision Wrote: I actually seem to have gotten this working but it was not nice, i have noticed that updating an already imported collection never seems to work, it updates and grabs maybe the odd new thing. I dont know why...

So I had to literally delete all my nfo's and artwork, and delete my collection and rescrape everything and set it to "automatic:best guess"

Its now scrapping everything again. But this is not a nice solution. I have always noticed for whatever reason when you want to change something and re-import it does not seem to work. So for instance i tried to set it to automatic:best guess, and reimport my snes library which was already present in rcb, and it would not work! It got a couple new things but that was it.

You have to literally delete the entire SNES rom collection, and all my existing nfo's, and artwork and start over. I am not sure if deleting nfo's and artwork are necessary, but deleting my Snes rom collection inside rcb and rescaping everything was certainly needed, then it literally scraped everything. Why could it not do this without having to delete the rom collection and starting from scratch?. When I set this addon up back months ago i noticed this to, if i imported a collection and set something wrong you could not change it and re-import it for things to scrape properly, you had to literally start from scratch create everything again for everything to work and scrape properly, i dont know why but its frustrating.

Hm, at least it's working. I have done what you did and it's still downloading for best guess, it's taken an hour and it's still going! I'll update if it works for me.

Edit: It seems to have worked, but I idiotically also deleted my texture files so now I'm not sure if it was the texture files causing the error in the first place!

Edit 2: I can't call victory yet. Over half my games weren't scraped. I give up for tonight I'll tackle it tomorrow Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Aubrien - 2013-06-01

I'm running xbmc 12.2 on an ubuntu 13.04 system and I noticed that when I launch an emulator (not in solo mode) that audio engine in xbmc blocks the alsa audio sink and prevents the emulator from grabbing it. This means no sound in emulators. The workarounds I found were to...

1 - Use solo mode
2 - Disable gui sounds all together
3 - Modify the file addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/launcher.py

Option 1 is no good as I dont want to have to quit and come back every time I select a new game. Option 2 is no good as I dont want to have to disable a feature to make another one work. Option 3 is good and easy. I followed the guidance at the following location...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147938&pid=1413513#pid1413513

Any chance on seeing something like this put into the addon for us linux users? I saw in another post that angelscry added it in advanced launcher but it looks to be missing from rcb still. Or is there some other preferred method to do this? Though this works perfectly for me.

RCB is showing about 90% of my ROMS after all this. It doesn't show some ROMS that have been properly scraped though (ie box art, nfo downloaded). I wonder why.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - deco - 2013-06-01

first i must say your add-on works very nice, once i got the hang of it and how it works :p, thanks for this!

but i ran into a little problem that i know i could just ignore, but thats not in my nature even if it does not matter so much lol

i got the 2 roms, bzone.zip and bzonec.zip in my roms dir, and no matter how much is scrap, import and go for a walk ONLY one of them gets into the RCB database, the one called bzone.zip, and sadly enough it's the other one that actually works when using it straight from mame. see bzone fails with missing files or something, bzonec does not, but bzonec does not work without bzone being there... so.. i guess my question is:

why is bzonec not being imported into the list?

and yes i know the game sux, but i like to have it for nostalgic reasons Wink

-Deco
(and yes my name comes from deco casettes, originally in the 80s-90s i called myself decokid but then i got older..)

(2013-06-01, 10:07)blinken Wrote: RCB is showing about 90% of my ROMS after all this. It doesn't show some ROMS that have been properly scraped though (ie box art, nfo downloaded). I wonder why.

I also notice this to, although id say closer to 15%-20% of my roms dont show up, even though they are now properly scrapped and have nfo, and artwork.

Out of 200 snes and genesis and nes games im missing about 30 roms for each and they all have nfo's and art.

I really dont know what the issue is, they are scrapped and have nfo's.

I just looked in the nfo and noticed the elusive F-zero for instance has no description of the game in the nfo compared to the others....

hmmmm, I have no idea why no description was scrapped for it, artwork was now scrapped but no description.

And since i have dont import games without description enabled, i thought that was the problem. But then i disabled it and re-imported it so games without descriptions could be imported and still it would not show up.

Im confused.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - buymeapc - 2013-06-01

I would like to say what a great job has been done on this add-on. Absolutely fantastic!

One question, though:

I'm using an XBox 360 controller to control XBMC and RCB. When I fire up a rom and I'm ready to quit the emulator and return to XBMC, is there a way I can close the emulator with my controller? I did some research into using the guide button (big X button), but that seems like a dead end since the driver doesn't work too well and makes my XBMC go crazy scrolling. I don't have a keyboard accessible either. Do you have any advice/suggestions?