Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - warrenjb - 2013-07-17

Recognize this is an older post but if anyone is still monitoring where is "misc\misc keys" located that Rocky5 referred to? Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-07-17

It is in the zsnes gui:

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - warrenjb - 2013-07-17

Thanks. That's why I couldn't find it. I'm using Vice for c64 emulation. Know of anything comparable for Vice?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-07-18

OK, I have three seperate .bat files. They are daphne emulator games built as a stand alone PC launcher. I want all three of these games in one list on one page and I am unsure how to do this. If anyone could help me in getting these games into one list on one page would be greatly apreciated, I hope that made my question a little clearer, if not just tell me what else you might need to know.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dishwater63 - 2013-07-19

I had all my NES ROMs scraped and imported, but when I changed the theme to Aeon Nox, only a couple random games show, like A Boy and His Blob and Paperboy 2. Do I have to redo my collection? I'm not sure what happened. I didn't change anything other than changing the theme to Aeon Nox.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-07-19

warrenjb Wrote:Thanks. That's why I couldn't find it. I'm using Vice for c64 emulation. Know of anything comparable for Vice?
Sorry, no idea. You could also use external tools to map controller or remote buttons to keyboard shortcuts.

toki5 Wrote:OK, I have three seperate .bat files. They are daphne emulator games built as a stand alone PC launcher. I want all three of these games in one list on one page and I am unsure how to do this. If anyone could help me in getting these games into one list on one page would be greatly apreciated, I hope that made my question a little clearer, if not just tell me what else you might need to know.
You can just put all three .bat files into one folder and import your games with *.bat as file mask. Then they should be listed all in one rom collection.

dishwater63 Wrote:I had all my NES ROMs scraped and imported, but when I changed the theme to Aeon Nox, only a couple random games show, like A Boy and His Blob and Paperboy 2. Do I have to redo my collection? I'm not sure what happened. I didn't change anything other than changing the theme to Aeon Nox.
Strange. Changing the skin should not affect anything of your scraped data. Did you try to change your filter settings or checked your missing info filter? Maybe the skin change screwed something up with your gui settings.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-07-19

well, i can get the list up as one list, yet I cannot boot the games. I get the command line start, with n game boot. Any ideas as to what I could do there? please help. Also, I'm not getting any artwork or info with these games either.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-07-19

OK, If I select one particular .bat file, I can get that .bat file to load. If put all three .bat files into a folder, while selecting nothing as the booter, I just get command line roll through, nothing boots. I am unsure how to get all three into one list. What should I select as the booter? Which one in the list should I select as a daphne emulator. the .bat files are pre configured with the games already set up to play just by clicking on the .bat file. please help

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-07-20

ok, im getting error reading config.xml now. I cant open rom colleciton browser at all now.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-07-20

You could edit config.xml manually and remove the content of emulatorCmd. This will just invoke the .bat files. Your emulatorCmd should look like this:
Code:
<emulatorCmd></emulatorCmd>

Please show me logs of your other issues. Otherwise I can't help.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-07-20

I tried that, it didnt work, the games themselves wont launch when just copying and pasting into one folder. The folders they are in are allowing them to launch. So basically they are in a folder, they are bat files, there are other folders in that folder with those bat files, like daphne folder, Im guessing those bat files are loading from a configuration setup of the daphne emulator in one of the other folders? The config.xml error is coming from emumovies download folder being added into the folder to use for those games. thi has happened when i tied with mame. i had to update my windows machine, the problem went away. now, i have a question about atari 5200, does anyone know how to auto boot games with a800win plus as emulator? i can get emulator to boot, i have to manually load game from emulator once it starts from rcb.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-07-21

ok, I have configured all these games to boot directly from daphne loader, now I cant find daphne in the list of systems to choose, so which one should i choose?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - toki5 - 2013-07-21

looking at how these are setup, how would i put in daphne loader and what extensions should be used? I see there are .bin, .dat plus vob and so on with these files.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dishwater63 - 2013-07-21

(2013-07-19, 10:57)malte Wrote: Strange. Changing the skin should not affect anything of your scraped data. Did you try to change your filter settings or checked your missing info filter? Maybe the skin change screwed something up with your gui settings.

Wow, I'm so dumb. My search filter was stuck on the term "boy". Complete user error. Sorry for the confusion!

OK, so one more side question. Is there a way to clean up the transition from xbmc to the emulator? There's no error, it launches the emulator just fine, but when the screen goes black there's a small terminal box that pops up, then the game launches. Same with closing the emulator. Just curious, it's not a big issue. Don't know if there's a certain bat file that's running in the background if I could squeeze a /silence in the code so the box doesn't pop up at all.

Standalone Games? - bluestarCVO - 2013-07-21

Hello everyone. Forgive me if this has already been covered somewhere. I'm trying to add some standalone games to RCB, such as Call of Duty. How would I actually go about doing this if it can even be done? Thanks for any help or information.

Carl