Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-03

kayinart Wrote:The cue file I had selected was actually extracted to a temp folder within addon_data, but the bin files were nowhere to be found, leading me to believe the issue is that RCB is not extracting the full game.
I am afraid this is a misbehaviour of RCB. I will add it to my list to fix it with one of the next releases.

kayinart Wrote:I've pasted my log (which I can not make sense of) below from the point of attempted initialization.
It looks like there is an error in your Disk indicator. Which one do you use exactly?

Darkcloud Wrote:With confluence it starts with the top menu open but also doesn't show any games until I chance some filters. Then I found out that RCB doesn't update the games list when I choose either the all or the Simulation filter in genre and the Publisher filter option disappears from the top down menu.
Sorry, I don't know what to do with your issue. I can't make any sense of it. Can you show me one last log after you changed filter settings in Confluence and the Publisher filter disappears?

Solid One Wrote:However, there's a few games that are unplayable on Dolphin 3.5, but works fine on recent beta versions of Dolphin Emulator. Thus, I have two different versions of Dolphin Emulator: the stable one and the beta one. I just want to know if I can make one specific game to run on beta emulator, instead of stable one. Can I do it?

For now, I'm trying to create a simple batch file that change emulator version if you pass a different command-line parameter, but if there's some way to do it directly on RCB, it'd be nice.
For now you have to stick with your batch file (or Sudopinions RomJacket). There is no such option in RCB. It is on my list for a long time but not yet started to work on it.

zeroskrull Wrote:did any one configure PPSSPP for this add-on? cans help me with the details about it? u.u
On win7?
Sorry, no. But I have seen that bakito had some suggestions in the ALA thread for you.

Solid One Wrote:However, now RCB isn't saving settings on "Edit Game Command", when I change the default command-line settings to: -b "%ROM%". On batch file, it really uses Dolphin 4 to open games, but not on RCB. It seems to save settings, but when I try editting again, the field stays blank again.

Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong here?
There have been some issues with Editing options in older RCB versions. But these should be fixed in latest test versions. Which RCB version and which skin are you using? Could you try with latest 2.0.14 and Confluence skin and show me a log file if it still does not work?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Solid One - 2014-06-03

(2014-06-03, 07:40)malte Wrote:
Solid One Wrote:However, now RCB isn't saving settings on "Edit Game Command", when I change the default command-line settings to: -b "%ROM%". On batch file, it really uses Dolphin 4 to open games, but not on RCB. It seems to save settings, but when I try editting again, the field stays blank again.

Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong here?
There have been some issues with Editing options in older RCB versions. But these should be fixed in latest test versions. Which RCB version and which skin are you using? Could you try with latest 2.0.14 and Confluence skin and show me a log file if it still does not work?

I'm using XBMC 12 with Confluence Skin and RCB's latest stable version, 2.0.10. I'll try 2.0.14, which is a beta version, right?

However, can I edit those options directly onto configuration or database files? I don't mind editing a few queries on .db file, since I guess it can be done without hassle, given you have basic SQL knowledge. I just need the table and column names to edit.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Darkcloud - 2014-06-04

(2014-06-03, 07:40)malte Wrote:
Darkcloud Wrote:With confluence it starts with the top menu open but also doesn't show any games until I chance some filters. Then I found out that RCB doesn't update the games list when I choose either the all or the Simulation filter in genre and the Publisher filter option disappears from the top down menu.
Sorry, I don't know what to do with your issue. I can't make any sense of it. Can you show me one last log after you changed filter settings in Confluence and the Publisher filter disappears?

Here is the Log:
http://nopaste.info/a4ef32e37a.html

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-04

Solid One Wrote:I'll try 2.0.14, which is a beta version, right?
Yes, but it is available for quite some time now and I guess it fixes more issues than adding new ones, so it should be save to try. I will also upload it as the new stable release soon.

Solid One Wrote:However, can I edit those options directly onto configuration or database files? I don't mind editing a few queries on .db file, since I guess it can be done without hassle, given you have basic SQL knowledge. I just need the table and column names to edit.
The table is "Game" and the column is "gameCmd". With editors like SQLite Studio you don't even need SQL knowledge. You can edit simple fields like you would do with Excel tables.

Darkcloud Wrote:Here is the Log:
http://nopaste.info/a4ef32e37a.html
Ok, I see. This is a bug that I was not able to fix some time ago. There are issues with publishers that have numbers as name (like "989"). Atm the only solution is to change the name of these publishers (e.g. "989 Studios") in the database or to remove the games from the database. I have to check back why I could not fix this issue and will see if I can address it again.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Solid One - 2014-06-04

(2014-06-04, 15:58)malte Wrote:
Solid One Wrote:I'll try 2.0.14, which is a beta version, right?
Yes, but it is available for quite some time now and I guess it fixes more issues than adding new ones, so it should be save to try. I will also upload it as the new stable release soon.

Good to know that. Thanks!

(2014-06-04, 15:58)malte Wrote:
Solid One Wrote:However, can I edit those options directly onto configuration or database files? I don't mind editing a few queries on .db file, since I guess it can be done without hassle, given you have basic SQL knowledge. I just need the table and column names to edit.
The table is "Game" and the column is "gameCmd". With editors like SQLite Studio you don't even need SQL knowledge. You can edit simple fields like you would do with Excel tables.

On RCB 2.0.10, I tried editing this column for a Wii game, putting this: -b "%ROM%"

However, when I opened the game, that custom command-line made no effect. It used default one instead.

I don't know if I'm editing this wrongly, but I'll try 2.0.14 to see if it will work.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-05

Can you show me the log file after you tried to open the game?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Tomkun - 2014-06-06

Malte, is it possible for RCB to parse information from multiple synopsis files?

I would like to create a new scraper for MAME as MAWS doesn't show any sign of being revived. There are two main sources of information for MAME roms, which are history.dat and mameinfo.dat (there are others too). At first I thought about merging the two files, but if it's possible for RCB to import one file and then append the info from another that would help a lot.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Solid One - 2014-06-07

(2014-06-05, 06:57)malte Wrote: Can you show me the log file after you tried to open the game?

Here: http://nopaste.info/794860cfba.html

To reproduce the steps needed for this log, I simply edited custom command line of game "Punch-Out". Filled text field with this: -b "%ROM%". Then I opened the game. My custom command-line wasn't used.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sudopinion - 2014-06-08

Try -b^

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Solid One - 2014-06-08

(2014-06-08, 05:46)sudopinion Wrote: Try using a carat after -b

OK. I'll check this out and see if it works.

EDIT: Tried that. Didn't worked. It still keeps running batch file with default parameters.

I've put carat before, after and in the middle:
-b^ "%ROM%"
^-b "%ROM%"
-b ^"%ROM%"

But nothing worked. Tested on both RCB 2.0.10 and 2.0.14 beta.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-10

Tomkun Wrote:Malte, is it possible for RCB to parse information from multiple synopsis files?

I would like to create a new scraper for MAME as MAWS doesn't show any sign of being revived. There are two main sources of information for MAME roms, which are history.dat and mameinfo.dat (there are others too). At first I thought about merging the two files, but if it's possible for RCB to import one file and then append the info from another that would help a lot.
RCBs import is implemented like this (pseudo-code):
Code:
if desc file contains multiple game descriptions:
    - parse file game by game and seacrh for corresponding rom file on disk
    - write each found game/rom-combination to db
else:
    - iterate all rom files
        - iterate all scrapers and merge information
            - write merged information to db
Unfortunately it is not possible to mix two different "multi game scrapers" and let them merge the data during one import process. I guess this is your scenario?

What would be possible:
- Have one "multi game scraper" and x "per game scrapers". This would merge the data of the per game scraper with the game specific data of the multi game scraper
- Have x "per game scrapers". This would just work as mixing several online scrapers (online scrapers are always "per game")
- Use x "mult game scraper" in different runs. Enable "Rescrape already imported games" in Addon Settings and make sure that "Allow update" is enabled for this specific Rom Collection. Optional: Disable "Allow overwrite with null values" in Addon Settings. With these settings it should be possible to execute multiple "multi game scrapers" in multiple runs and let them merge all data in the database.

I hope this makes sense to you. Just ask if anything in not clear enough.

Solid One Wrote:To reproduce the steps needed for this log, I simply edited custom command line of game "Punch-Out". Filled text field with this: -b "%ROM%". Then I opened the game. My custom command-line wasn't used.
Ok, I forgot to mention how to use game cmd properly: You can mix game cmd with the normal Emulator Params. That is why you have to use a placeholder in Emulator params to make it work. In your case you could use it like this:
Emu Params: %GAMECMD% "%ROM%"
Game cmd: -b

This way all "default" roms will just be launched with "%ROM%" and only the beta roms will be launched with -b "%ROM%". You need to edit your bat file and just check if the -b option is set. In this case use the beta version, all other roms should be launched with the default version.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Solid One - 2014-06-11

(2014-06-10, 12:37)malte Wrote:
Solid One Wrote:To reproduce the steps needed for this log, I simply edited custom command line of game "Punch-Out". Filled text field with this: -b "%ROM%". Then I opened the game. My custom command-line wasn't used.
Ok, I forgot to mention how to use game cmd properly: You can mix game cmd with the normal Emulator Params. That is why you have to use a placeholder in Emulator params to make it work. In your case you could use it like this:
Emu Params: %GAMECMD% "%ROM%"
Game cmd: -b

This way all "default" roms will just be launched with "%ROM%" and only the beta roms will be launched with -b "%ROM%". You need to edit your bat file and just check if the -b option is set. In this case use the beta version, all other roms should be launched with the default version.

That worked! So the %GAMECMD% parameter is the key.

I made a few changes on RCB addon and batch file as you mentioned, and now it's working fine. Thanks a lot!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - billyc666 - 2014-06-12

@malte. out of curiosity how hard would it be to add a systems menu , Is it a matter of creating a new menu with links to system id
(im probably talking bollocks)

just curious as its the only thing left I need rcb to do, everything else is working perfect for me (thank you)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-06-14

New test version available: 2.0.15

List of changes:

General
  • add autoconfig support to Edit Rom Collection dialog
  • add and update languages
  • replace elementtree module with xml.etree
  • add new string ids with ids from 32000 to 32999

The autoconfig support introduced in the last release is now also available in Edit Rom Collection dialog. To use it just open Edit Rom Collection dialog and click on the "Emu Cmd" button on the "Launch Games" tab. This will open a list of preconfigured options. Choosing a preconfigured emulator will automatically update "Emu Cmd" and "Emu Params". Autoconfig is only supported on Android right now.

I also updated and added the language files. New languages are: Dutch, French (Canada), Italian and Swedish. Thanks a lot to all translators!

The rest of this release are changes required to update RCB in the Gotham repo. This release should become the new stable version. So please report if you notice any bugs.

Previous version: 2.0.14

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Scratch - 2014-06-14

For psx games can you look for both .bin and .iso files?