Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Catalyst - 2014-07-01

(2014-06-30, 06:11)malte Wrote:
rlaursen Wrote:Another issue I see is that when using Aeon Nox skin with confluence thumbnail view mode there is what looks like menu categories "console genre year publisher a-z" in white text stuck on the background not part of the menu or anything. This goes away once you change your xbmc skin to confluence but I am using Nox. Am I able to remove this in one of the text files?
I can reproduce this issue. Still have to check why this is happening.

@Catalyst: As I understood you are working on skin files for Aeon Nox 5. Did you have the same issue?

Yeah I did. I just deleted those labels. Crappy fix but the filters are pretty self-explanatory without the labels. I really don't know what I'm doing, was just piecing it together. Dunno if I'll ever finish that. From what I was told it most likely has something to do with Nox running in 1080. Not sure though.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Catalyst - 2014-07-01

I'm sorry to have so many problems, but here I am again. This one is really strange. At first it appears that none of my games are showing in the main view after they're scraped. Closer look shows that there is info in the filter menu and the only way to get any games to show up is by using a filter.

If I have any of the filters set to "all" none of my games show in the main view.

If I click "SNES" under console filter it will show my SNES games, but if I click PlayStation no games appear. The only way to see any of my PlayStation games is by using a genre filter and even then I'm pretty sure a lot of them are not showing up.

If I click a genre filter like "strategy" it will show a list of strategy games, but if I go back and click "all" it will continue to show those same strategy games. None of my games show up under any of the filters labeled "all". Also the publisher filters don't even appear unless I have a genre selected.

At first I thought I had broken it so I uninstalled, deleted the userdata folder and reinstalled, but no luck. I even tried a complete reinstall of XBMC. It's nothing to do with any options. I think it might just be my machine.

I'm hope this makes sense. Here's a log file from after I fiddled with some of the filters:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=238349

Thank you for the killer program and for keeping up with this forum. I have no idea what could be going on here. Will post any solution I find.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2014-07-01

Sounds like an issue with developers and/or publishers that have numbers as names (like "989"). I hope that this will be fixed with the next release. In the meantime you could just delete these games or rename the publisher/developer to "989 Studios" or something like this.

That did it. You are awesome, thank you! I know I didn't explain that well.

I got discouraged with the code for Aeon Nox because I couldn't get the infopanel to look right. I'll probably mess with it some more though. RCB is the best damn addon there is.

Thanks again Malte you kick ass!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Catalyst - 2014-07-02

Sorry for the annoyance.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - hellothereguest - 2014-07-03

Thank you for this plugin and the addition of android support.

I have had success setting up RCB on my phone and tablet but have run into trouble with my android mini pc.

My Minix Neo x7 is running a custom version of XBMC (justXBMC) and gives me errors when scrapping games.
When it finished running through my roms nothing shows up in the list. (no games listed and no artwork)

I recently tried to reproduce the error with just one rom so that I could share my log and see if you could shed some light.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=231137

Thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nyny77 - 2014-07-03

super addon !

lack Coverflow and configuration différent System....

how to change the description of a game please ? manually

Sorry , i do not speak English

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Daeymon - 2014-07-04

I have updated from Frodo to Gotham, and to RCB 2.0.17 from the previous stable release on my Android handheld and the videos are now running quite choppy. I suspect its a Gotham issue, any suggestions?

UPDATE:

Solved it. Had to turn off "Allow hardware accleration" for "libstagefright" and "MediaCodec".

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - versus - 2014-07-05

Alpha 14 from 20140705. Skin Transparency! Cannot launch RCB from favorites or skin custom menu (added from favorites). Runs normally from within add-ons folder.

1:24:35 T:46228 NOTICE: RCB started
11:24:35 T:46228 NOTICE: RCB: sys.argv = ['default.py']
11:24:35 T:46228 NOTICE: RCB: param = default.py
11:24:35 T:46228 NOTICE: RCB: launchRCB = False
11:24:35 T:46228 INFO: CPythonInvoker(84, C:\Users\Toni\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py): script successfully run
11:24:35 T:46228 INFO: Python script stopped
11:24:35 T:46228 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 46228 terminating

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - BlockABoots - 2014-07-05

Is there a way to stop the fanart from stretching to fill the screen?, i have fan art that is 4:3 ratio but RCB is stretching it to fill the screen?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Daeymon - 2014-07-05

(2014-07-05, 11:43)BlockABoots Wrote: Is there a way to stop the fanart from stretching to fill the screen?, i have fan art that is 4:3 ratio but RCB is stretching it to fill the screen?

You need to edit the main skin file that you are using. It's amazing how much you can customize this addon through the skin files. Essentially you need to add the tag <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> to the control tag that adds the background image.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Monkee - 2014-07-07

Hi Malte,

Can you please tell us which scrapers do you recommend from the one RCB supports (for data, front covers and fanarts) please?

Thanks.
Monkee

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - bbennett22 - 2014-07-07

I have a firetv, rooted with xbmc on it. I side loaded the google play store and downloaded retroarch. I have all of my roms in folders on an external hard drive. All of the roms are in zip files in their respective folders. I can launch retroarch and play any of the games I wish. When I launch rcb, it recognizes that I have retorarch installed. it comes up with emulator param which I leave as is. I locate my rom folder, select my artwork folder and rob begins importing my roms. As its importing them, it lists every rom (e.g. importing legend of zelda...) it'll go through every game and then when rcb finishes importing the games, everything is blank. no games show up at all. A few times when I load my sega genesis emulator/roms I can get aladdin to come up. None of the other sega games populate. Any clue on what I can do to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2014-07-07

@bbennett22 post a log file, posting a second with rcb debugging enabled may help too.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nyny77 - 2014-07-07

Salut,
Tu a un probleme d'extension, les jeux SNES doivent etre en SMC ou SFC, pas en ZIP.

voici ma ligne de commande qui fonctionne a merveille :
-f -c "C:/retroarch/configs/Megadrive.cfg" "%ROM%"

Je ne parle pas Anglais, traduit avec Google Translate.
Bye