Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - mikeayla - 2015-01-22

I use Kodi Helix and RCB, it works fine but in the menues there is no selection for Romcollection or Scrape Modus. So I don´t see what Rom Collection I work with.

What did I wrong??

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - imro2 - 2015-01-22

(2015-01-22, 00:05)mikeayla Wrote: I use Kodi Helix and RCB, it works fine but in the menues there is no selection for Romcollection or Scrape Modus. So I don´t see what Rom Collection I work with.

What did I wrong??

Nothing. Something changed in the way Kodi treats mistakes in skin configuration and the names are just off the panel where you cannot see them. Refer to this post 1885346 (post)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ragedogg69 - 2015-01-22

Is there a quick fix to get Solo Mode working? Since RCB script is trying to close XBMC.exe, which is now Kodi, so it does not close. I looked at the scripts in the addon, but I cannot make heads or tales out of them.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2015-01-22

mikty Wrote:it works like a charm thank you
the only problem is that file isn't update since 2 years and it miss severals games
the project is dead or an update is planned ?
thank you
ricardo85x created an updated version of the file here. I could not test it until now so I can't say if it works (but I am quite confident that it does).

ragedogg69 Wrote:Is there a quick fix to get Solo Mode working? Since RCB script is trying to close XBMC.exe, which is now Kodi, so it does not close. I looked at the scripts in the addon, but I cannot make heads or tales out of them.
You need to edit the scripts in "addon_data/userdata". You can find an updated version of "applaunch.bat" here.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - mikty - 2015-01-22

(2015-01-22, 18:59)malte Wrote: [quote=mikty]
it works like a charm thank you
the only problem is that file isn't update since 2 years and it miss severals games
the project is dead or an update is planned ?
thank you
ricardo85x created an updated version of the file here. I could not test it until now so I can't say if it works (but I am quite confident that it does).

thank you so much ricardo85x for this hard work and malte for your fantastic RCB
regards

Hi, I have a last problem on mame with openelec and rcb.
I have try to use 7z rom in order to have less roms. but when I launch
a rom, rcb isn't let me choose the version (clones, etc ) and launch directly the game without to know
which version is launched.
I have seen on forum that normally rcb open a second menu dialog with the choice of the rom version.
is it a limitation of openelec?
thank you for your answers
bye

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - somawhite402 - 2015-01-23

For those who've become equally enraged at half the menus being misaligned and various other irritations....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0lc37zi64ikg5y/RCB-skins%20folder.zip?dl=0

If you replace the skin files with the one in the zip then everything should work using the default skin setting in RCB.
(Be warned the media files have been massively messed around with to fit the skin I'm using so it doesn't look much like confluence anymore)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Diskotechjam - 2015-01-23

Is it possible to lauch ouya games with RCB? I can already launch android apps from within kodi, but I would like to have some fanart for my games.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - cmb3 - 2015-01-24

Hello,

I had RCB installed on an older version of XBMC and everything worked fine, but since uninstalling/updating to Kodi I have not been able to set the addon up. Here are the steps that I can complete and the one I get stuck on:

1) No Config Found-Do you want to Create One? I click yes, no problems so far.
2) Scrape Game info/Artwork online (either option here seems to work)
3) Choose a Platform. The list pops up and everything seems okay, but no matter which platform I choose I get taken to "File Browser: Add-Ons Super Repo". I'll attach a picture to illustrate what I mean:

I've tried uninstalling RCB and erasing every file I can find associated with it, but I always get stuck on adding a platform. Does anybody know how to fix this?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JDR82 - 2015-01-24

I can't even get it to start, tried on both my windows HTPC and my Macbook Air, both running the latest release of Kodi, it installs, but clicking launch does nothing at all.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pattyg - 2015-01-25

How can I get rcb to open on the main home screen instead of having to go into program add-ons?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - manfeed - 2015-01-25

(2015-01-25, 00:38)pattyg Wrote: How can I get rcb to open on the main home screen instead of having to go into program add-ons?

enolive Wrote:
(2014-12-22 16:02)pgjensen Wrote:
I just installed Kodi v14 final (just got released) and notice that Rom Collection Browser will not open up as a Program add-on on the main homepage (by adding it as a link in skin appearance). I'm using the default skin. It will open if I go into the Programs section and launch from there. Other programs don't have this issue.

changing following line in addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py fixed the problem:

if param == '' or param == 'default.py' or param == 'script.games.rom.collection.browser':

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pattyg - 2015-01-25

Where can I change that?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pgjensen - 2015-01-25

(2015-01-25, 03:09)pattyg Wrote: Where can I change that?

Windows: %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JohnnyFootball - 2015-01-25

(2014-11-16, 00:22)sklick Wrote: I have prepared a patch for those who want to use rom collections stored on networked drives on systems that do not support files on networked drives ("smb://...", etc...) natively - such as Android. With this patch a new option "Make Local Copy" is added to "Edit Rom Collection" -> "Launch Games". When checked the rom will be copied from the location it was imported from into a temporary local storage, where emulators and the compressed file handling routines (for *.zip and *.7zip) can pick it up. The copying is accomplished by XBMC's internal file copy system, so every file on whatever networked storage XBMC can pick up can also be copied. Once a local copy has been made, the launched emulator should have no problem reading the file.

Here's the story behind this patch:
I have a Fire TV, so Android, unrooted and unrootable. Import from a network share worked. Launching a game did not. Checking the logs, it showed that for uncompressed files the emulators were fed with the network location of the file, such as "smb://SHARENAME/roms/game.nes". Android emulators such as RetroArch cannot access these files. They can only read local copies. Using zipped ROMs should work since RCB uncompresses these to a local location before launching the emu. Sadly RCB's uncompress routines also do not like networked files. To fix this I put in the "Make local copy" option before the ROM is launched or uncompressed. That's what this patch adds to the current repo version (2.0.17) of RCB.

Code:
Index: resources/language/English/strings.xml
===================================================================
--- resources/language/English/strings.xml    (revision 1825)
+++ resources/language/English/strings.xml    (working copy)
@@ -255,6 +255,7 @@
    <string id="52036">Autoplay Video (Info Window)</string>
    <string id="52037">Use RetroPlayer</string>
    <string id="52038">Gameclient</string>
+    <string id="52039">Make Local Copy</string>

<string id="52034">Save Config</string>
    <string id="52035">Cancel</string>
Index: resources/lib/config.py
--- resources/lib/config.py    (revision 1825)
+++ resources/lib/config.py    (working copy)
@@ -235,6 +235,7 @@
    maxFolderDepth = 99
    useFoldernameAsGamename = False
    doNotExtractZipFiles = False
+    makeLocalCopy = False
    diskPrefix = '_Disk.*'
    xboxCreateShortcut = False
    xboxCreateShortcutAddRomfile = False
@@ -493,6 +494,11 @@
            doNotExtractZipFiles = self.readTextElement(romCollectionRow, 'doNotExtractZipFiles')             
            if(doNotExtractZipFiles != ''):
                romCollection.doNotExtractZipFiles = doNotExtractZipFiles.upper() == 'TRUE'        
+            
+            makeLocalCopy = self.readTextElement(romCollectionRow, 'makeLocalCopy')             
+            if(makeLocalCopy != ''):
+                romCollection.makeLocalCopy = makeLocalCopy.upper() == 'TRUE'        
+            

romCollection.diskPrefix = self.readTextElement(romCollectionRow, 'diskPrefix')

@@ -742,4 +748,4 @@
        else:
            return ''

-            
\ No newline at end of file
+            
Index: resources/lib/configxmlwriter.py
--- resources/lib/configxmlwriter.py    (revision 1825)
+++ resources/lib/configxmlwriter.py    (working copy)
@@ -74,6 +74,7 @@
            SubElement(romCollectionXml, 'useFoldernameAsGamename').text = str(romCollection.useFoldernameAsGamename)
            SubElement(romCollectionXml, 'maxFolderDepth').text = str(romCollection.maxFolderDepth)
            SubElement(romCollectionXml, 'doNotExtractZipFiles').text = str(romCollection.doNotExtractZipFiles)
+            SubElement(romCollectionXml, 'makeLocalCopy').text = str(romCollection.makeLocalCopy)
            SubElement(romCollectionXml, 'diskPrefix').text = str(romCollection.diskPrefix)

if (os.environ.get( "OS", "xbox" ) == "xbox"):
@@ -370,4 +371,4 @@
        except Exception, (exc):
            print("Error: Cannot write config.xml: " +str(exc))
            return False, util.localize(32008) +": " +str(exc)
-        
+        
Index: resources/lib/dialogeditromcollection.py
--- resources/lib/dialogeditromcollection.py    (revision 1825)
+++ resources/lib/dialogeditromcollection.py    (working copy)
@@ -60,8 +60,8 @@
CONTROL_BUTTON_SAVESTATEPARAMS = 5480
CONTROL_BUTTON_PRECMD = 5510
CONTROL_BUTTON_POSTCMD = 5520
+CONTROL_BUTTON_MAKELOCALCOPY = 5560

-
class EditRomCollectionDialog(dialogbase.DialogBaseEdit):

selectedControlId = 0
@@ -429,6 +429,9 @@
        control = self.getControlById(CONTROL_BUTTON_DONTEXTRACTZIP)
        control.setSelected(self.selectedRomCollection.doNotExtractZipFiles)

+        control = self.getControlById(CONTROL_BUTTON_MAKELOCALCOPY)
+        control.setSelected(self.selectedRomCollection.makeLocalCopy)
+            
        control = self.getControlById(CONTROL_BUTTON_PRECMD)
        util.setLabel(self.selectedRomCollection.preCmd, control)        

@@ -510,7 +513,10 @@
        self.selectedRomCollection.usePopen = bool(control.isSelected())
        control = self.getControlById(CONTROL_BUTTON_DONTEXTRACTZIP)
        self.selectedRomCollection.doNotExtractZipFiles = bool(control.isSelected())
+        control = self.getControlById(CONTROL_BUTTON_MAKELOCALCOPY)
+        self.selectedRomCollection.makeLocalCopy = bool(control.isSelected())

+        
        Logutil.log('updateSelectedRomCollection: precmd = ' +self.selectedRomCollection.preCmd, util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)

@@ -735,4 +741,4 @@
        if(site != None):
            sites.append(site)

-        return sites
+        return sites
Index: resources/lib/launcher.py
--- resources/lib/launcher.py    (revision 1825)
+++ resources/lib/launcher.py    (working copy)
@@ -177,6 +177,19 @@
    for fileNameRow in filenameRows:
        rom = fileNameRow[0]
        Logutil.log('rom: ' +str(rom), util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
+        
+        if romCollection.makeLocalCopy:
+            localDir = os.path.join(util.getTempDir(), romCollection.name)
+            if os.path.exists(localDir):
+                Logutil.log("Trying to delete local rom files", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)    
+                files = os.listdir(localDir)
+                for file in files:
+                    os.remove(os.path.join(localDir, file))
+            localRom = os.path.join(localDir, os.path.basename(str(rom)))
+            Logutil.log('Creating local copy: ' + str(localRom), util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
+            if xbmcvfs.copy(rom, localRom):
+                Logutil.log('Local copy created', util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)
+            rom = localRom

# If it's a .7z file
        # Don't extract zip files in case of savestate handling and when called From skin
@@ -289,11 +302,12 @@
    #Note: Trying to delete temporary files (from zip or 7z extraction) from last run
    #Do this before launching a new game. Otherwise game could be deleted before launch
    try:
-        Logutil.log("Trying to delete temporary rom files", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)    
-        tempDir = util.getTempDir()
-        files = os.listdir(tempDir)
-        for file in files:
-            os.remove(os.path.join(tempDir, file))
+        tempDir = os.path.join(util.getTempDir(), 'extracted')
+        if os.path.exists(tempDir):
+            Logutil.log("Trying to delete temporary rom files", util.LOG_LEVEL_INFO)    
+            files = os.listdir(tempDir)
+            for file in files:
+                os.remove(os.path.join(tempDir, file))
    except Exception, (exc):
        Logutil.log("Error deleting files after launch emu: " +str(exc), util.LOG_LEVEL_ERROR)
        gui.writeMsg(util.localize(32036) +": " +str(exc))
@@ -334,7 +348,7 @@
            Logutil.log('Error handling compressed file', util.LOG_LEVEL_WARNING)
            return []
        for archive in archives:                    
-            newPath = os.path.join(util.getTempDir(), archive[0])
+            newPath = os.path.join(util.getTempDir(), 'extracted', archive[0])
            fp = open(newPath, 'wb')
            fp.write(archive[1])
            fp.close()
@@ -768,4 +782,4 @@
    archive = zipfile.ZipFile(fp)
    archivesDecompressed = [(name, archive.read(name)) for name in archiveList]
    fp.close()
-    return archivesDecompressed
+    return archivesDecompressed
Index: resources/skins/Default/720p/script-RCB-editromcollection.xml
--- resources/skins/Default/720p/script-RCB-editromcollection.xml    (revision 1825)
+++ resources/skins/Default/720p/script-RCB-editromcollection.xml    (working copy)
@@ -1942,6 +1942,24 @@
                    <onleft>7000</onleft>
                    <onright>6000</onright>
                    <onup>5520</onup>
+                    <ondown>5560</ondown>
+                </control>
+                
+                <!-- Make local copy -->
+                <control type="radiobutton" id="5560">
+                    <posx>0</posx>
+                    <posy>300</posy>
+                    <width>660</width>
+                    <height>30</height>
+                    <font>font13</font>
+                    <label>$ADDON[script.games.rom.collection.browser 52039]</label>
+                    <textcolor>88FFFFFF</textcolor>
+                    <focusedcolor>FFFFFFFF</focusedcolor>
+                    <texturefocus>rcb-MenuItemFO.png</texturefocus>
+                    <texturenofocus>rcb-MenuItemNF.png</texturenofocus>
+                    <onleft>7000</onleft>
+                    <onright>6000</onright>
+                    <onup>5450</onup>
                    <ondown>5540</ondown>
                </control>

@@ -1948,7 +1966,7 @@
                <!-- Use RetroPlayer -->
                <control type="radiobutton" id="5540">
                    <posx>0</posx>
-                    <posy>300</posy>
+                    <posy>330</posy>
                    <width>660</width>
                    <height>30</height>
                    <font>font13</font>
@@ -1965,7 +1983,7 @@
                <!-- Game Client -->
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>0</posx>
-                    <posy>330</posy>
+                    <posy>360</posy>
                    <width>270</width>
                    <height>30</height>
                    <texture>rcb-MenuItemFO.png</texture>
@@ -1973,7 +1991,7 @@
                </control>                
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>7</posx>
                    <width>200</width>
                    <height>30</height>
                    <font>font13</font>
@@ -1986,7 +2004,7 @@
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>7</posx>
                    <width>200</width>
                    <height>30</height>
                    <font>font13</font>
@@ -2000,7 +2018,7 @@
                <control type="button" id="5550">
                    <description>Game client</description>
                    <posx>240</posx>
                    <width>410</width>
                    <height>30</height>
                    <visible>true</visible>
@@ -2077,4 +2095,4 @@
            <onright>7000</onright>
        </control>        
    </controls>
-</window>
+</window>

To apply this patch you need two programs. A subversion client (svn) to checkout the latest RCB source code and a patch program that can handle Unix diff and patch files. Both things are available for every current OS; TortoiseSVN for Windows comes to mind, nearly every Linux distro got an subversion package in their repositories; the Window's compatible patch program might be more difficult, Linux got this already on board in even the most basic installs. Here's what needs to be done:

1. Get the latest RCB source via SVN from code.google.com:
Code:
svn checkout http://romcollectionbrowser.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ romcollectionbrowser-read-only
You will get a new directory romcollectionbrowser-read-only.

2. Apply the patch by placing it in that same directory, and apply the patch to the source:
Code:
patch -p0 -i name-of-the-patch-file.diff

3. Zip up the romcollectionbrowser-read-only direcotry and choose System->Add-Ons->Install from zip file in XBMC and select the zip file. On my Fire TV I had to push the zip onto the device via adb first, but how you get the zip onto your XBMC device depends on your device.

4. When editing a ROM collection you should see a new option "Make local copy" at the bottom. If not, the patch was not applied or the install went wrong or something else entirely. In that case just keep trying and watch out for errors along the way. Google is your friend.

Anyone have luck getting this to work? The directions are a little over my head, but I believe this would solve my problem. Also, when the local version is created, is it deleted after you're done?