Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Odigo - 2015-03-11

I'm having a issue with Kodi returning as a small window. I've even tried running the emulators in "standalone" mode. Any suggestions? I've did a little search online and found others having this issue however found no solution.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2015-03-11

@Soujirou Seta try pointing directly to the emulator exe file and not a link.

@Odigo have you tried rcb's 'solo mode' ? It will quit kodi then relaunch it so it will open full screen.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Odigo - 2015-03-11

(2015-03-11, 02:32)teeedubb Wrote: @Soujirou Seta try pointing directly to the emulator exe file and not a link.

@Odigo have you tried rcb's 'solo mode' ? It will quit kodi then relaunch it so it will open full screen.

Sorry by standalone I meant Solo mode. It didn't make a difference Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2015-03-11

Are you sure kodi was quit?

(2015-03-11, 02:52)teeedubb Wrote: Are you sure kodi was quit?

I'll check later to confirm.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - frankfurts - 2015-03-11

(2015-03-10, 07:22)malte Wrote: You can check the complete command in the log and try to invoke it via command line. If this works outside RCB it should also work from RCB.
Hmm it doesn't work in cmd. It say liberetro_path not set even though the path is set to the ":\cores" directory

During setting the paths up I navigated to "C:\RetroArch\cores" to tell it where they are.

When I open up my retroarch.cfg it also shows a path as being selected.

Anyone got any ideas??

This is my launch command

"C:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" "-f -L C:\RetroArch\cores\picodrive
_libretro.dll" "%ROM%"

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nyny77 - 2015-03-11

hi ,
Sorry for my English ^^

Gotham---Aeon MQ5 -- RCB 2.0.17 --OK
Gotham---Aeon MQ5--RCB 2.1.2 -- NO GOOD

Impossible "Save Config"
Touch C / Edit Rom Collection / Finish / Save Config does no work

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Soujirou Seta - 2015-03-11

(2015-03-11, 02:32)teeedubb Wrote: @Soujirou Seta try pointing directly to the emulator exe file and not a link.

thanks for the tip , but unfortunately the error persists.

Launch direct from the emulator, work....

Muito obrigado.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - JDR82 - 2015-03-12

The category titles are out of alignment on my screen, is this a known issue?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - geopgin - 2015-03-12

Hi malte,

Having issues with views, If i leave rcb open and unengaged every 10 minutes or so the view switches from showcase (52) to files (50).

Link to screenshot

This maybe the same as issue but there isn't enough details to tell. Either way it seems that there is a job running that seems to be interferring with RCB.

[env]
AFTV -> SPMC 14.1 -> CCM Helix (skin) -> RCB 2.1.2 -> Night: Showcase

As for the RCB logging, there isn't anything that helps.

13:06:28 T:1661813128 NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 52
13:06:28 T:1661813128 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End showGameInfo
13:09:35 T:1661813128 NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 50

So I originally thought it had to do with screensaver but using this grep found that there are several instances that screensaver is not invoked. This is the grep i used

RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 52|RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 50|message OnScreensaverActivated

Briefly looking around surrounding logs i see a few consistencies but having very little experience with xbmc/rcb/android i'm not real sure what i'm looking at or for. Here are some of the things i see regularly.

RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 52|RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 50|DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory \(\)|DEBUG: ParentPath = \[\]

This seems consistent

spmc.log.rcb8(95666): 13:06:28 T:1661813128 NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 52
spmc.log.rcb8(96262): 13:09:35 T:1529454192 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
spmc.log.rcb8(96263): 13:09:35 T:1529454192 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
spmc.log.rcb8(96264): 13:09:35 T:1661813128 NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 50

RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 52|RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 50|libImageLib

There seems to always be either a loading or unloading of libImageLib-arm.so but never seems to be placed in logs in the same pattern

spmc.log.rcb8(95666): 13:06:28 T:1661813128 NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 52
spmc.log.rcb8(95942): 13:06:56 T:1529454192 DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: libImageLib-arm.so)
spmc.log.rcb8(95943): 13:06:56 T:1529454192 DEBUG: Unloading: /libImageLib-arm.so
spmc.log.rcb8(96264): 13:09:35 T:1661813128 NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 50
spmc.log.rcb8(96265): 13:09:35 T:1529454192 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libImageLib-arm.so)
spmc.log.rcb8(96266): 13:09:35 T:1529454192 DEBUG: Loading: /data/app-lib/com.semperpax.spmc-1/libImageLib-arm.so

And this is very consistent as well

RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 52|RCB_DEBUG: onFocus: 50|DEBUG: Checking repositories for updates

There are various issues that occur within the job from above.

I'm going to trying and resolve some of the issues with the repo.

Anyway I have tons of logs let me know if you want them

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - geopgin - 2015-03-12

Okay so after disabling "Pulsar Unofficial Repo", I haven't had a recurrence, mind you it has only 40+ minutes. Still it was pretty consistent on timing.

[log snip]
DEBUG: Checking repositories for updates (triggered by Pulsar Unofficial Repo)

I'll give 24hrs and report back

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - methos1 - 2015-03-12

Hello I'm having trouble adding a collection of PC games

I followed the wiki guide it seem pretty straightforward but no games were added

I'm hoping I just did something wrong.

I created a folder with all of my game launcher shortcuts the .exe
I used the mask *.Ink and created a artwork folder
When I go to import the collection nothing happens

Is this correct?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2015-03-13

frankfurts Wrote:This is my launch command

"C:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" "-f -L C:\RetroArch\cores\picodrive_libretro.dll" "%ROM%"
Your launch command should look like this (look at the position of "):
Code:
"C:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" -f -L "C:\RetroArch\cores\picodrive_libretro.dll" "%ROM%"
If this does not work either you could try with placing "%ROM%" at the beginning and/or specifying the path to your config file. My command looks like this:
Code:
"%ROM%" -c "C:\Program Files\Emulatoren\retroarch-win32-0.9.8-beta2\retroarch.cfg" -f -D -L libretro-git-genplus-x86.dll

nyny77 Wrote:hi ,
Sorry for my English ^^
I already know you and your english. No need to apologizeSmile

nyny77 Wrote:Gotham---Aeon MQ5 -- RCB 2.0.17 --OK
Gotham---Aeon MQ5--RCB 2.1.2 -- NO GOOD

Impossible "Save Config"
Touch C / Edit Rom Collection / Finish / Save Config does no work
This is an issue of your skin. There have been changes in new RCB releases that have not been reflected in all skin files. (The skinners are not to blame, I just informed them yesterday)
As a workaround you need to switch to Confluence to save your changes and then go back to your original skin.

Soujirou Seta Wrote:thanks for the tip , but unfortunately the error persists.

Launch direct from the emulator, work....
Did you try it via command line with the exact command that RCB uses? See here.

JDR82 Wrote:The category titles are out of alignment on my screen, is this a known issue?
Not sure what titles you are talking about. Can you go into detail?

geopgin Wrote:Okay so after disabling "Pulsar Unofficial Repo", I haven't had a recurrence, mind you it has only 40+ minutes. Still it was pretty consistent on timing.

[log snip]

I will check this too. Looks like you have found the reason for a long annoying issue: link

methos1 Wrote:I followed the wiki guide it seem pretty straightforward but no games were added

I'm hoping I just did something wrong.

I created a folder with all of my game launcher shortcuts the .exe
I used the mask *.Ink and created a artwork folder
When I go to import the collection nothing happens
It must *.lnk not *.Ink. (L vs I)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nyny77 - 2015-03-13

Thanks Malte

Kisses from Paris lol

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - geopgin - 2015-03-13

(2015-03-13, 07:35)malte Wrote:
geopgin Wrote:Okay so after disabling "Pulsar Unofficial Repo", I haven't had a recurrence, mind you it has only 40+ minutes. Still it was pretty consistent on timing.

[log snip]

I will check this too. Looks like you have found the reason for a long annoying issue: link

I"ll move the discussion to that thread, maybe we can bring it back when/if cause is found.