Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - theanarcat - 2016-01-27

someone, somewhere, sometime, should probably change http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rom_Collection_Browser once the move is completed. i also encourage authors here to consider free software alternatives to github, like gitlab.com.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - theanarcat - 2016-01-27

and i have created this issue to followup on the project's transition to github(?): https://github.com/anarcat/romcollectionbrowser/issues/226

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - blueman83 - 2016-02-02

I'm having trouble getting this to work on Windows. I've installed retroarch and can run games using it, but when I try to run RCB I can scrape the games but as soon as I go to play one Kodi switches to windowed mode, a command prompt box opens for a second then Kodi goes back to fullscreen. I'm sure it's just a configuration issue, possibly to do with the switches I used, but I'm not sure where to look, is there a logfile with the error somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zpectre87 - 2016-02-02

(2016-02-02, 16:21)blueman83 Wrote: I'm having trouble getting this to work on Windows. I've installed retroarch and can run games using it, but when I try to run RCB I can scrape the games but as soon as I go to play one Kodi switches to windowed mode, a command prompt box opens for a second then Kodi goes back to fullscreen. I'm sure it's just a configuration issue, possibly to do with the switches I used, but I'm not sure where to look, is there a logfile with the error somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Command prompt opening then closing with no effect usually means mistake in specification of application arguments to RCB. Happens not only with RCB but every frontend, RetroArch loads but since you didn't specify the right commands it doesn't know what to do and crashes.

In last page I've posted something about it, you can also check the links in my sig.

[it's shameless self-promotion but let's not get into that shall we?] Tongue

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - CRJMichiels - 2016-02-05

I am having a problem on my Nvidia Shield TV. I can boot a ton just fine however I lose controller support booting from Kodi, I am using an Nvidia Shield controller. Now if I boot directly from retroarch the controller works fine.

When I boot from Kodi I get a controller not configured text in the bottom left. I believe the boot params are messing something up. Any advice would be appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ventolin - 2016-02-06

(2012-03-31, 16:26)malte Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 15:56)TheMonkeyKing Wrote: Same issue as Comment #1553.

I did not have \platform_libraries in C:\Users\House\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources directory so I downloaded the latest zip from googlecode (0.9.9) and installed the directory in the resources sub folder.

I restarted XBMC and got the same issue (no difference)
Code:
RCB_INFO: Treating file as a compressed archive
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: You have tried to launch a .7z file but you are missing required libraries to extract the file. You can download the latest RCB version from RCBs project page. It contains all required libraries.
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error: No module named py7zlib
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No cmd created. Game will not be launched.
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launchEmu

Is there a library path I need to change in RCB files?

SYSTEM
Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Onboard video AMD HD3300
2GB RAM

Please advise. Thank you.
I think there is a problem with the libs that are shipped with RCB atm. They are not compatible with Edens Python 2.6.

You could try to download the required file here: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pylzma (Use this file: pylzma-0.4.4-py2.6-win32.egg).

Extract these files to:
C:\Users\House\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\\platform_libraries\win32

Please report if this works. I have no chance to test it here atm as my dev environment is out of order for some days.

This seemed to work for the original poster, but unfortunately, I've recently got this problem and this advice didn't help. I hadn't used RCB since upgrading to Windows 10 and upgrading Kodi from 14.x to 15.2, so it could have something to do with either. In any event, I didn't have a platform_libraries folder in "resources", so I created it, created the win32 folder beneath it, and placed the .egg file there. I also unzipped the egg file to that location. None of this helped - it's still not finding pylzma.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :/

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Borg-101 - 2016-02-07

(2016-01-21, 22:19)Zpectre87 Wrote: Ok...

Here's what you need to run RA in RCB.

1) Executable is, of course, RetroArch.exe
2) Arguments... These are the command line parameters. Ideal settings:

-f: Launches game in fullscreen.

-L: Loads core. Path is either absolute or relative, so if cores are stored in a subfolder of the folder that contains the RA executable, say, "C:\RetroArch\cores", the path can be either "C:\RetroArch\cores" or just "\cores", but if cores are elsewhere the path must be absolute. Name of the core must be exact (example: nestopia_libretro.dll for NES).

-c: Loads configuration file. Everything that applies to the -L parameter, applies to the -c parameter too. Recommended to be a general config file (example: RetroArch.cfg)

--appendconfig: The real magic of RetroArch is allowing you to append special configs to a main one. You could use one for each console or each core, for example. These go after the main config and you can add as many as you want provided you separate them with a "," (comma) between them.

%ROM%: This is a wildcard used by the RCB scraper to automatically scrape and load all the ROMs it finds for a given platform. I don't remember if RCB requires you to put the %ROM% between quotes, though.

So... If you have the following setup:

1) RetroArch.exe installed in C:\RetroArch
2) Cores in C:\RetroArch\cores
3) You want to load the Nestopia core (nestopia_libretro.dll)
4) Main config file called RetroArch.cfg in C:\RetroArch
5) Secondary config called NES.cfg in C:\RetroArch\config

The command line to automatically load NES ROMs via RetroArch will be:

(path to RetroArch.exe) -f -L \cores\nestopia_libretro.dll -c RetroArch.cfg --appendconfig \config\NES.cfg (path to the NES ROM)

List of all RA parameters: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/wiki/Using-the-command-line

IIRC RCB will require only the parameters (-f and beyond) plus the "%ROM" at the end replacing the path to the ROM, because it already loads the executable when you point to the emulator you want (RetroArch.exe), and it needs the "%ROM" wild card for the scraper. This should work for each and every core provided you change things accordingly for each system. Good luck and report back. Smile

Thanks for your advice. It didn't work. :-p Just teasing haha. It did set me on the right path. Thank you very much. This is how I was able to get it to work. "-f -L cores/nameofcore.dll "%ROM%"" The latest RCB and Retroarch 1.3 handles everything else. In case anyone else is running into the same issue, the parameters are also the same for savestate.

I only have 3 remaining issues:
1. About half the time I exit from the retroarch menu, Kodi does not go back to fullscreen. I THINK I have solved this by using the"\" in post launch cmd section which makes kodi fullscreen...in windows at least.

2. The view seems to randomly change back to the "Files" view. I am currently using the Revolve skin and would like for the following to happen. Enter RCB, be presented with a list of consoles, enter console, be presented with game list for that console. If anyone can point me to resources on how to do it, I would be very much obliged.

3. I would like to be able to exit retroarch and go back into kodi from the game, rather than going into the retroarch menu and quitting the game WITH THE CONTROLLER. I have a custom exit button setup with my tv remote and FLIRC to do this, but if I'm just lounging around with my sons playing games, I would like for us to be able to do it with the controller. My oldest and I recently built a nice retropie setup for my father for his birthday. I know with that I can press start+select to get back to the main menu. I'm guessing there is a similar way to do it in retroarch PC.....so this really isn't a RCB issue. Still...any help would be appreciated.

Lastly, I'm working on a pretty comprehensive HTPC setup. By my estimates I'm about 90% done. I would be happy to share what I have done to get it up and running. I currently have the windows 10 netflix app launch from Kodi AND working with my tv remote control. If anyone needs any help, feel free to hmu.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zpectre87 - 2016-02-07

(2016-02-07, 17:48)Borg-101 Wrote: Thanks for your advice. It didn't work. :-p Just teasing haha. It did set me on the right path. Thank you very much. This is how I was able to get it to work. "-f -L cores/nameofcore.dll "%ROM%"" The latest RCB and Retroarch 1.3 handles everything else. In case anyone else is running into the same issue, the parameters are also the same for savestate.

I only have 3 remaining issues:
1. About half the time I exit from the retroarch menu, Kodi does not go back to fullscreen. I THINK I have solved this by using the"\" in post launch cmd section which makes kodi fullscreen...in windows at least.

2. The view seems to randomly change back to the "Files" view. I am currently using the Revolve skin and would like for the following to happen. Enter RCB, be presented with a list of consoles, enter console, be presented with game list for that console. If anyone can point me to resources on how to do it, I would be very much obliged.

3. I would like to be able to exit retroarch and go back into kodi from the game, rather than going into the retroarch menu and quitting the game WITH THE CONTROLLER. I have a custom exit button setup with my tv remote and FLIRC to do this, but if I'm just lounging around with my sons playing games, I would like for us to be able to do it with the controller. My oldest and I recently built a nice retropie setup for my father for his birthday. I know with that I can press start+select to get back to the main menu. I'm guessing there is a similar way to do it in retroarch PC.....so this really isn't a RCB issue. Still...any help would be appreciated.

Lastly, I'm working on a pretty comprehensive HTPC setup. By my estimates I'm about 90% done. I would be happy to share what I have done to get it up and running. I currently have the windows 10 netflix app launch from Kodi AND working with my tv remote control. If anyone needs any help, feel free to hmu.

It didn't work because I'm an idiot and added backward slash at the beginning of the paths. Sad

Also, you use \ on Windows and / on Linux, but I don't know if RCB wants the Linux / despite running on Windows.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Borg-101 - 2016-02-07

(2016-02-07, 20:35)Zpectre87 Wrote: It didn't work because I'm an idiot and added backward slash at the beginning of the paths. Sad

Also, you use \ on Windows and / on Linux, but I don't know if RCB wants the Linux / despite running on Windows.

That could have been it. It threw me for a loop as well. I was investigating a fair amount after several unsuccessful attempts and it wasn't until I was watching a video on youtube and I just happened to notice he had forward slashes instead of back slashes. I tried two things at once. The first thing was removing the paths to everything but the core. The second was to go with the forward slash.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zpectre87 - 2016-02-08

(2016-02-07, 22:31)Borg-101 Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 20:35)Zpectre87 Wrote: It didn't work because I'm an idiot and added backward slash at the beginning of the paths. Sad

That could have been it. It threw me for a loop as well. I was investigating a fair amount after several unsuccessful attempts and it wasn't until I was watching a video on youtube and I just happened to notice he had forward slashes instead of back slashes. I tried two things at once. The first thing was removing the paths to everything but the core. The second was to go with the forward slash.

At least you helped me save face, as I had posted the wrong stuff elsewhere as well. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Borg-101 - 2016-02-10

(2016-02-07, 20:35)Zpectre87 Wrote: At least you helped me save face, as I had posted the wrong stuff elsewhere as well. Smile

lol NP. I got RCB working really well but it doesn't always want to bring Kodi back to fullscreen. t doesn't show up in the log file as an error, so idk. The other thing, and I suspect related, is that the view doesn't always stay what I leave it at. For whatever reason, it will revert to the default view. This doesn't show up as an error either. I'm working on going through the log, but I may just end up using emulation station or ice.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zpectre87 - 2016-02-11

(2016-02-10, 18:39)Borg-101 Wrote: lol NP. I got RCB working really well but it doesn't always want to bring Kodi back to fullscreen. t doesn't show up in the log file as an error, so idk. The other thing, and I suspect related, is that the view doesn't always stay what I leave it at. For whatever reason, it will revert to the default view. This doesn't show up as an error either. I'm working on going through the log, but I may just end up using emulation station or ice.

Ice has a new version, be sure to check it out.

EmulationStation is good but it has some quirks I don't like. Sad

There's also "Big Blue" now.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2016-02-11

Any ideas how to add new emulators? Lots of new emus are coming out. Cemu, xenia, rcps3...

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - christullo - 2016-02-14

I can't get this plugin to add my ROMs!! It sticks on the first one every single time, and just sits there at 7 percent. It never advances beyond the first ROM. And nothing gets added to Kodi Sad. I'm on WIndows 10. WHat other information can I provide you with that might help you solve my problem?? Anyone??

Thanks so much!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - EB1980 - 2016-02-16

I hate to repost however I have spent endless hours trying to find an answer.

I am using Eminence 2.0 on Jarvis on an android device. When I open RCB I have in a large white text "console genre year publisher a-z" in the upper middle of every screen, even when the filter menu is hidden.

I see someone a year back that just deleted the filter menu labels "console genre year publisher a-z", as i agree these filters are self explanatory.

Where and how do I delete these files??

if anyone could help teach where to fins these files and how I edit them I would be so grateful. Thank You