Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- Tomkun - 2010-09-17

Revol Wrote:Is this not compatible with Dharma beta 2? I'm running Windows 7 (with Confluence skin). Every time I try to change the addon settings, XBMC crashes. (I've never used this addon before, and I have the newest version of it.)

Debug log says that the texture manager is unable to load fanart.jpg from the script's folder. No file exists there.

All the settings are done through XML files. The settings menu under addons will not do anything and will crash XBMC.

The fanart error message is common and not a problem!

- spiff - 2010-09-17

while we shouldn't crash, and it's getting fixed as we speak, the problem is the malformed settings.xml file. you NEED to specify a type.

- mkortstiege - 2010-09-17

Crash is fixed in r33923 (trunk) and r33924 (Dharma). Note, invalid xml file still needs fixing.

- malte - 2010-09-17

Ok, thanks for the hint. I did not think about implementing a settings gui, so I did not spend much time with this settings.xml. Just used it to save the current view for a restart.

I will fix it with the next pull request.

- kaster1980 - 2010-09-18

Hello! The guys who tell me - something in the RCB completely disable the pop-up menu with the name of the consoles, genres, games, etc. Also, I need to set a default view display information about the game, for example, "Thumb". How to do it? Thanks in advance.

- bula - 2010-09-18

Hi, I would love this script if I could get it to work. But after I've changed the config.xml in the addon_data the script goes through it but nothing shows up in the browser.

I'm using Dharma beta2. Mediastream Redux skin. I can see this error in xbmc.log:

12:33:47 T:3224 M:1769324544 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Prinsen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
12:33:47 T:3224 M:1769324544 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

- malte - 2010-09-19

kaster1980 Wrote:The guys who tell me - something in the RCB completely disable the pop-up menu with the name of the consoles, genres, games, etc.

Is this a feature request or a problem report? If 2nd: Never happened to me. Try to move around with the arrow keys. Note that navigation changes from view to view.

kaster1980 Wrote:Also, I need to set a default view display information about the game, for example, "Thumb". How to do it? Thanks in advance.

This feature is planned for a later release.

bula Wrote:But after I've changed the config.xml in the addon_data the script goes through it but nothing shows up in the browser.

Did you try the test scenario or do you use your own data? Did you "Import Settings" and "Import Games"?

The error in your log is quite common. I have no idea how to get rid of it. But I think it has no impact.

Please post a complete log after Importing games.

- bula - 2010-09-19

malte: My mistake. I got it working after I removed all files in addon_data except the config.xml and did a rescan.

Problem with uae cmd on linux - spyvsspy - 2010-09-21

First I have to congratulate to your excellent work of this xbmc plugin!

I have a problem running amiga roms with more than one disks.
I assume that it will be caused by a wrong configuration :confused2:
The start cmd for the emu contains only one entry and always the last disk from the game.

Here are some details out of configs and logs:

The log file says:
Code:
18:53:23 T:2850012016 M:1750806528  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin helper.launchEmu
18:53:23 T:2850012016 M:1750806528  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: uae -f /home/lego/.uae.cfg -0 "/home/lego/medialib/games/Amiga/Games/B/B.A.T. II_Disk5.zip"
18:53:23 T:2850012016 M:1750806528  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox

my config:
Code:
<emulatorCmd>uae -f /home/lego/.uae.cfg {-%I% "%ROM%"}</emulatorCmd>
<useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>
<escapeCommand>True</escapeCommand>
<descFilePerGame>False</descFilePerGame>
<diskPrefix>_Disk</diskPrefix>

The game has 5 Disks. The database entries in the MyGames.db seems looking correct. All 5 Disks from this game are in the File Table.

Can you give me hint or some help with this prob, please?

- malte - 2010-09-22

spyvsspy: Sorry, same here. Seems that you have found a bug. I will fix it with (one of) the next release(s). But atm I have changed a lot of things in the code to support xml desc files and prepare online scraping. So it will need some days/weeks until this will come.

- malte - 2010-09-22

Ok, as a quick fix: Go to RCB/resources/lib/helper.py and replace the method buildCmd (around line 260) with this one:

Code:
def buildCmd(filenameRows, romPaths, emuCommandLine, romCollectionRow):

fileindex = int(0)

#cmd could be: uae {-%I% %ROM%}
    #we have to repeat the part inside the brackets and replace the %I% with the current index
    obIndex = emuCommandLine.find('{')
    cbIndex = emuCommandLine.find('}')            
    replString = ''
    if obIndex > -1 and cbIndex > 1:
        replString = emuCommandLine[obIndex+1:cbIndex]
    cmd = emuCommandLine.replace("{", "")
    cmd = cmd.replace("}", "")

for fileNameRow in filenameRows:
        fileName = fileNameRow[0]            
        rom = ""
        #we could have multiple rom Paths - search for the correct one
        for romPath in romPaths:
            rom = os.path.join(romPath, fileName)
            if(os.path.isfile(rom)):
                break
        if(rom == ""):
            Logutil.log("no rom file found for game: " +str(fileName), util.LOG_LEVEL_ERROR)
            return ""

if fileindex == 0:                
            if (romCollectionRow[util.ROMCOLLECTION_escapeEmuCmd] == 1):                
                cmd = cmd.replace('%ROM%', re.escape(rom))
            else:                    
                cmd = cmd.replace('%ROM%', rom)
            cmd = cmd.replace('%I%', str(fileindex))
        else:
            newrepl = replString
            if (romCollectionRow[util.ROMCOLLECTION_escapeEmuCmd] == 1):
                newrepl = newrepl.replace('%ROM%', re.escape(rom))                    
            else:                    
                newrepl = newrepl.replace('%ROM%', rom)
            newrepl = newrepl.replace('%I%', str(fileindex))
            cmd += ' ' +newrepl            
        fileindex += 1

return cmd

- spyvsspy - 2010-09-22

Excellent! The quick fix is working! Thanks a lot, malte, for the fast help!

At the moment I trying to convert the GameBase (http://www.gamebase64.com/) db files for C64 and Amiga to your synopsis format, but I have some trouble with the character encodings.
If I'll succeed I'll post here the synopsis files for RCB and share my results, to make a little contribution to the community, and as a minor consideration for your efforts.

- malte - 2010-09-22

Sounds good. If it is easier for you, just convert them to an XML format. RCB can read this with the next release, too. It is already available as a "beta" version (have a look some pages back).

- Flomaster - 2010-09-23

malte any way to scan games into library with out scanning all consoles , just picking the console of the games you wish to scan in?

-=Jason=-

- malte - 2010-09-23

Yes. Use ignoreOnScan as property in RomCollection:

Code:
<ignoreOnScan>True</ignoreOnScan>