Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2020-05-17

(2020-05-16, 17:51)trihy Wrote: @malte, but filters can be applied per system or will affect the entire RCB collection?
They affect the entire collection.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2020-05-17

Thanks @malte I'm trying with the don't import missing nfo.

Has been scraping for 10hs Big Grin Still on the S letter. Will report later.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2020-05-17

Hi @malte 

Scraping is done. Took like 15hs Big Grin 

List is not bad, around 7000 games. Some has some Huh on its names, but I think is normal, just a few.

But, some important games (at least for me), are missing.

Do you think if I edit the missings games .nfo file adding description, publisher, proper name, etc and do a rescrape, RCB will add them to the list? I did this on other platforms to correct some mistakes, but not sure if mame scanning will do it. Since it will take another 15hs, I want to be sure.

Or maybe I could do a normal scraping selecting an online scraper but checking prefer local nfo. If this work, could take less time.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2020-05-17

(2020-05-17, 08:57)trihy Wrote: Hi @malte 

Scraping is done. Took like 15hs Big Grin 

Uh, thats way too long for offline scraping. What are your system specs?

(2020-05-17, 08:57)trihy Wrote: List is not bad, around 7000 games. Some has some Huh on its names, but I think is normal, just a few.

But, some important games (at least for me), are missing.

How many games are missing? Can you give me some examples?

(2020-05-17, 08:57)trihy Wrote: Do you think if I edit the missings games .nfo file adding description, publisher, proper name, etc and do a rescrape, RCB will add them to the list? I did this on other platforms to correct some mistakes, but not sure if mame scanning will do it. Since it will take another 15hs, I want to be sure.

Or maybe I could do a normal scraping selecting an online scraper but checking prefer local nfo. If this work, could take less time.

Thanks.
Yes, this should work. Rcb should use the nfo file no matter if you scrape online or offline. Just make sure to enable the setting that it prefers nfo files. Scraping nfo files will be much faster than parsing the big history.dat.

I guess I have to look a bit deeper in all the current mame issues. But this has to wait until I am done with the current issues on my list.

[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dinho.bc - 2020-05-17

I have only one request, RCB indexing multiples publisher/developer tag just like genre tags

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 7 usando o Tapatalk

(2020-05-17, 13:17)dinho.bc Wrote: I have only one request, RCB indexing multiples publisher/developer tag just like genre tags

That would be a lot of work for an uncommon scenario. Afair all data sources of RCB (thegamesdb, mobygames, giantbomb, MAME history) only support one publisher/developer per game.

Do you have any examples who is using mutliple?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - dinho.bc - 2020-05-17

(2020-05-17, 13:36)malte Wrote:
(2020-05-17, 13:17)dinho.bc Wrote: I have only one request, RCB indexing multiples publisher/developer tag just like genre tags

That would be a lot of work for an uncommon scenario. Afair all data sources of RCB (thegamesdb, mobygames, giantbomb, MAME history) only support one publisher/developer per game.

Do you have any examples who is using mutliple?
I only use offline scrape since i edit manually the nfo, but that's ok. My request isn't a priority, RCB works flawless and beautiful. [emoji4]

Thanks for replying so fast

Hi @malte Yes, mame scraping is a lot slower than other platforms. I have a haswell i7 with a nvme disk. But Im scraping on a dual core and hdd now and it´s pretty much the same, about 1 game per sec.

Important game missing I see so far. The simpsons arcade game. It´s showing other simpsons games, but not the arcade one.

Will try to do some manual editing of nfo files and see how it goes.

Reporting back.

I noticed that on games with incorrect name, rcb will not create any nfo file. (using the don't import missing nfo games option)

So adding nfo files for the games I want and using any online scraper (checking the prefer local nfo) will create additional files for a lot of games that have no nfo file.

So I did the following, made another folder and put there the games I wanted to add, with manual or hand made nfo files, changed mame ROM path on rcb to the new one, did a online scrape with any scraper, using prefer local nfo and worked great.

After the Z letter, I got some pages of games looking like this

But I think this is a kodi font limitation, not rcb related.

And lastly, all the games imported using history.dat, are missing gender and developer. Not sure if this info is not on history.dat.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2020-05-18

(2020-05-17, 15:46)trihy Wrote: Important game missing I see so far. The simpsons arcade game. It´s showing other simpsons games, but not the arcade one.
I can't find simpsons arcade in history.dat. Maybe it is just not listed there. What is the rom name?
trihy Wrote:After the Z letter, I got some pages of games looking like this
Might be both. Kodi limitation or a bug in RCB.
trihy Wrote:And lastly, all the games imported using history.dat, are missing gender and developer. Not sure if this info is not on history.dat.
Not reliably. For some games there are notes like "Arcade game" or "Handheld game" but not for all. So it is not really usable in an automated scraper (for other games there is different info at the same place).

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2020-05-18

Hi @malte  You are right, I took a look at history.dat and doesnt seem perfect. Maybe there is something better than history.dat to scrap.

The simpsons arcade game rom name is just "simpsons.zip"

I dont think kodi font support japanese characters and those games seems to contain foreign letters. I saw that happening on some movies on kodi, you have to change font to arial. Will test when finish scraping. On dual core is taking more than 24hs to complete the scrape. But is not using too much cpu, or disk. Cpu is at 10% and disk 1%.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2020-05-18

Well, changed on kodi skin settings default font to arial based font and the weird symbols games are now showing fine.

So, its a kodi font limitation, not rcb related.

Guess there are japanese characters on history.dat

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - trihy - 2020-05-19

Another thing I found, games with weird symbols cannot be launched. I guess rcb cannot parse that characters on launch command line. Or cannot correctly link the game name to rom name.

Even setting kodi font to show proper characters, game won't launch.

So I will just delete them.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - juniors.paulo - 2020-05-24

@malte, is it possible to create a menu (shortcut) on the home screen to start each AEL emulator straight?