Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- carabalb - 2010-12-21

Was able to quickly test out Fusion and I wasn't able to load it either. Seems to be quotation problem when loading a rom from a rom path with spaces. Hopefully it should be a simple fix.

Rocky5 Wrote:I cant get this to work with Zsnes or Fusion emulators, the other plugin Emulatopia works great but has all the roms are in one list Sad and it's scraper isn't as good as yours, so any chance you could look into seeing why its doing that please.

Problem: emulators load but rom doesnt everything is setup the same as Emulatopia settings just yours wont load the rom with the emu even with custom settings toggle on and off.

- malte - 2010-12-21

Not Sure Wrote:Unlike with movies and music there are actually complete packs of images available for at least some of these systems (cover art, title screen shot, etc. for every game).

Is there any way RCB can support pulling from these? A lot of people have large ROM collections and grabbing a few torrents full of JPG files makes a lot more sense to me than every single user scraping web sites for the exact same NES Super Mario Bros. cover art.

It is already possible if the images are named like the romfiles. If you check out the local data test scenario it shows what you are looking for: local available game descriptions, artwork and game videos and how to import them into RCB. You can use the config wizard to navigate to all these folders or (what I still prefer) get friend with the config file and edit the pathes manually.

Rocky 5 Wrote:I cant get this to work with Zsnes or Fusion emulators, the other plugin Emulatopia works great but has all the roms are in one list and it's scraper isn't as good as yours, so any chance you could look into seeing why its doing that please.

Problem: emulators load but rom doesnt everything is setup the same as Emulatopia settings just yours wont load the rom with the emu even with custom settings toggle on and off.
If you have configured it exactly like Emulatopia it will not work I guess. When I see it correct from the screen shots and thread discussion quakes adds "" to the rom path per script. In RCB you have to add the "" yourself because there are some systems that don't like it. So try it with "%ROM%" instead of %ROM% and it should work again (so I hope).

- Death-Axe - 2010-12-21

Would it be possible to have an actual config menu instead of messing with xml files? seems a bit silly to have something like this integrated into a media centre, but then having the most basic of settings like rom paths etc in an xml file with no config menu.

Just a thought. Apart from this, yours seems to be the best at scraping game info out of all the launchers I have tried and has decent views too.

- Rocky5 - 2010-12-21

malte Wrote:If you have configured it exactly like Emulatopia it will not work I guess. When I see it correct from the screen shots and thread discussion quakes adds "" to the rom path per script. In RCB you have to add the "" yourself because there are some systems that don't like it. So try it with "%ROM%" instead of %ROM% and it should work again (so I hope).

Thats how it was setup and it doesnt work, here is a snippet of my config file.

Code:
<emulatorParams>"%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>C:\zsnesw\roms\*.smc</romPath>
      <romPath>C:\zsnesw\roms\*.swc</romPath>
      <romPath>C:\zsnesw\roms\*.fig</romPath>

- malte - 2010-12-21

Rocky5 Wrote:Thats how it was setup and it doesnt work, here is a snippet of my config file.

Code:
<emulatorParams>"%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>C:\zsnesw\roms\*.smc</romPath>
      <romPath>C:\zsnesw\roms\*.swc</romPath>
      <romPath>C:\zsnesw\roms\*.fig</romPath>

Strange. I am sure it worked for me with 0.7.10 but I will try it again this evening. Could you post your complete config.xml and a log file when you try to launch the game?

Did you also try to deactivate the "Escape Emu Cmd" option (in Addon settings)?

- malte - 2010-12-21

Death-Axe Wrote:Would it be possible to have an actual config menu instead of messing with xml files?
I am continuosly working on it. With the 0.7.x version the global settings can be configured via Addon settings and basic Rom Collection configuration can be done via the wizard. With 0.8.x there will be some more options to add or edit configuration (I hope). So just a matter of time.

Death-Axe Wrote:seems a bit silly to have something like this integrated into a media centre, but then having the most basic of settings like rom paths etc in an xml file with no config menu.
Yes, maybe. But that was the way I thought XBMC works when I came here 1 year ago. It appeared to me that everything had to be done in xml files: key mappings, advanced settings, even adding an entry to the home menu required intensive xml editing. So I thought thats the way it works and people here are used to it. And I decided to concentrate on other features and do the config thing later. Maybe the wrong decision but now its time to do the config thing.

- MajorWoody - 2010-12-21

First off, thanks for all your work on this. It is awesome that you have taken the time to develop this for the XBMC community.

It just has a few issues and if not for those this would be a perfect script.

The first issue is completely superficial but it would be nice if the transition to the emulators could be 'blacked' out. It isn't the scripts fault but when the emulator starts the screen acts up. (It does this running emulators outside of XBMC) I saw one thread on here where a python script was ran that blacked out the screen, is that something that is possible while the emulator is starting? Or maybe it could run a RCB bumper video while the emulator starts in the background?

The other issue has to do with the zsnes emulator. The script runs fine and executes zsnes with the rom properly but when I exit the emulator XBMC hangs? It looks like XBMC goes into windowed mode and just has a black screen. I must then kill the XBMC process through task manager and start XBMC again. I am running Dharma 10 rc2 with the 0.7.9 version of your script on Windows 7 64bit OS.

One last thing, I am running the Aeon Evolution beta skin and the default RCB Confluence skin does not look uniform with this skin. I understand that skinning of this would not be done by you but I wonder if I could use the RCB Night skin version in my setup? I have the Night skin installed but would like to still use Aeon skin for the rest of my setup. What would I need to do to accomplish this?

Anyway thanks again for your script and hopefully you can help me out.

Cheers,
Major

- MajorWoody - 2010-12-21

FYI: I am using snes9x now instead of the ZSNES emulator and it seems to be having no issues going back into XBMC.

- Rocky5 - 2010-12-21

malte Wrote:Strange. I am sure it worked for me with 0.7.10 but I will try it again this evening. Could you post your complete config.xml and a log file when you try to launch the game?

Did you also try to deactivate the "Escape Emu Cmd" option (in Addon settings)?

wait I have 0.7.9 from the XBMC repo, will try 0.7.10

Update: Version 0.7.10 works great, sorry Sad bloody XBMC repo

- lestat1977uk - 2010-12-21

Hi all

this looks amazing but it fails the moment i click on it, any help would be great... using latest stable release of Dharma.

- carabalb - 2010-12-21

Try to reproduce the problem and then post up the last few lines from your xbmc.log file, we might be able to get some clues from there.

lestat1977uk Wrote:Hi all

this looks amazing but it fails the moment i click on it, any help would be great... using latest stable release of Dharma.

Thanks here is the relevant part

20:19:38 T:14720 M:486383616 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Init Rom Collection Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
20:19:38 T:14720 M:486383616 NOTICE: XBMC Revision: 35647
20:19:38 T:14720 M:486383616 NOTICE: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\MyGames.db
20:19:38 T:14720 M:486113280 NOTICE: Create Tables
20:19:38 T:14720 M:486043648 ERROR: Error Type: pysqlite2._sqlite.OperationalError
20:19:38 T:14720 M:486043648 ERROR: Error Contents: table RCBSetting has 25 columns but 12 values were supplied
20:19:38 T:14720 M:485834752 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py", line 48, in ?
import gui
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1642, in ?
main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1636, in main
ui = UIGameDB("script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml", util.getAddonInstallPath(), "Default", "PAL")
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 181, in __init__
doImport, errorMsg = self.gdb.checkDBStructure()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 66, in checkDBStructure
self.createTables()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 41, in createTables
RCBSetting(self).insert((None, None, None, None, None, None, None, util.CURRENT_DB_VERSION, None, None, None))
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 109, in insert
self.gdb.cursor.execute(insertString, args)
OperationalError: table RCBSetting has 25 columns but 12 values were supplied
20:19:38 T:12508 M:485867520 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
20:19:38 T:11000 M:485896192 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:08

- carabalb - 2010-12-21

Few other questions:
1. What version of RCB are you using?
2. Did you ever install and older version of RCB?

Also you might want to try renaming "MyGame.db" to "MyGame.db.old" and reimport your roms. It seems like you might have an outdated db or something like that. If that still doesn't work try starting from scratch by renaming or deleting your "MyGame.db" and "config.xml" files.

lestat1977uk Wrote:Thanks here is the relevant part

20:19:38 T:14720 M:486383616 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Init Rom Collection Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
20:19:38 T:14720 M:486383616 NOTICE: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\MyGames.db
20:19:38 T:14720 M:486113280 NOTICE: Create Tables
20:19:38 T:14720 M:486043648 ERROR: Error Type: pysqlite2._sqlite.OperationalError
20:19:38 T:14720 M:486043648 ERROR: Error Contents: table RCBSetting has 25 columns but 12 values were supplied
20:19:38 T:14720 M:485834752 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py", line 48, in ?
import gui
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1642, in ?
main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1636, in main
ui = UIGameDB("script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml", util.getAddonInstallPath(), "Default", "PAL")
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 181, in __init__
doImport, errorMsg = self.gdb.checkDBStructure()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 66, in checkDBStructure
self.createTables()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 41, in createTables
RCBSetting(self).insert((None, None, None, None, None, None, None, util.CURRENT_DB_VERSION, None, None, None))
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.py", line 109, in insert
self.gdb.cursor.execute(insertString, args)
OperationalError: table RCBSetting has 25 columns but 12 values were supplied
20:19:38 T:12508 M:485867520 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC Dharma\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
20:19:38 T:11000 M:485896192 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:08

thanks that helped, can't get anything to launch but did run through the wizard, can you run that again is it only the once?

- malte - 2010-12-21

MajorWoody Wrote:The first issue is completely superficial but it would be nice if the transition to the emulators could be 'blacked' out. It isn't the scripts fault but when the emulator starts the screen acts up. (It does this running emulators outside of XBMC) I saw one thread on here where a python script was ran that blacked out the screen, is that something that is possible while the emulator is starting? Or maybe it could run a RCB bumper video while the emulator starts in the background?
Puh, not sure if this is possible. But you are right, it is disturbing.Will have a look at it. But with low prio and not sure if this is doable.

Quote:One last thing, I am running the Aeon Evolution beta skin and the default RCB Confluence skin does not look uniform with this skin. I understand that skinning of this would not be done by you but I wonder if I could use the RCB Night skin version in my setup? I have the Night skin installed but would like to still use Aeon skin for the rest of my setup. What would I need to do to accomplish this?
Will not be easy. The skin files itself won't be a problem (you will find them in Nights 720p folder: script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml and script-Rom_Collection_Browser-gameinfo.xml) but the media files are packed as xbt and I guess this will not work when moving this file to another skin. I guess you will have to download the media files via git and place them in RCBs skin folder (or create a new folder named the same as your skin). But I am not sure if this is supposed to work. Creating new skins (better: make it looking not that awful in other skins) is on my list but I am no skinner as you may see on my Confluence skin.

MajorWoody Wrote:FYI: I am using snes9x now instead of the ZSNES emulator and it seems to be having no issues going back into XBMC.
Glad to hear. Now idea how I could have helped with this.

Rocky5 Wrote:Update: Version 0.7.10 works great, sorry bloody XBMC repo
Hmmm, there have been no changes to the game launching part from 0.7.9 to 0.7.10 (afair). But good that it works nowSmile

lestat1977uk Wrote:thanks that helped, can't get anything to launch but did run through the wizard, can you run that again is it only the once?
In the current version the wizard just helps to create the file. Editing properties and adding new collections must be done by hand, sorry.

Please post your config.xml and xbmc.log if you still have problems with launching games. Then we can see whats the problem (hopefully).