Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- DigiTech - 2011-03-25

twotone8 Wrote:@DigiTech

Twotone8, im going to try the batch file you suggested, but because im kind of lazy i havent find an answer on how to get saturn emulation working,i was hoping for an easy way,Stare.
Ill try to see where do i get.Thanks.

- DigiTech - 2011-03-25

Thanks a lot for the hard-work Malte.It's the first add-on that im involved so much lots of time dedicated to it but it's worth it.Keeps getting better.

Great implementation with the rom collection editor for all the lazy ones users like me!_!

Im going to try those changes soon,in the delete games option, are they deleted from the HD or just from the RCB game display list,or maybe both?

- Tomkun - 2011-03-26

Just downloaded and installed the latest (test) version.

Here are some things that I noticed:

While browsing, all the info (year, genre, publisher, developer) is missing. Although it does show up in the game info screen.

I also cannot for the life of me get images working for publisher, developer and console. They used to work, so I assume something has been changed or broken?

When changing the scraper to 'local nfo', it does not set the option 'descfilepergame' to true and therefore doesn't work.

Apart from that, it all seems to be working as intended. I have to say, the step away from editing xml files and working through a GUI is definitely a step in the right direction. Thanks Malte!

- malte - 2011-03-26

DigiTech Wrote:Im going to try those changes soon,in the delete games option, are they deleted from the HD or just from the RCB game display list,or maybe both?
The "Delete Game" option just deletes the game from RCBs database. (I hope) I will never delete any files from your HD that I did not create myself!

Tomkun Wrote:While browsing, all the info (year, genre, publisher, developer) is missing. Although it does show up in the game info screen.
What skin and XBMC version are you using? I never had any problems with showing the additional info. Does it happen in all views?

Tomkun Wrote:I also cannot for the life of me get images working for publisher, developer and console. They used to work, so I assume something has been changed or broken?
I don't think that I changed anything in the code in general but I noticed some bugs in the config.xml template that I used to create the config.xml in previous versions. If you used one of the older RCB versions to create your config.xml you could run into this. Please check if your imagePlacing options in config.xml contain these lines:
Code:
<fileTypeForMainView1>publisher</fileTypeForMainView1>
<fileTypeForMainView2>romcollection</fileTypeForMainView2>
<fileTypeForMainView3>developer</fileTypeForMainView3>
If not, try to add them and tell me if that solved the problem.

Tomkun Wrote:When changing the scraper to 'local nfo', it does not set the option 'descfilepergame' to true and therefore doesn't work.
You are right! I never tested thatBig Grin. But I think this option is very unusual because if you have descfilepergame option set to false this means that you have local game descriptions available and you normally won't use local nfo or online scrapers. But anyway, it is a bug and I will fix it. Thanks for testing!

- Tomkun - 2011-03-26

Quote:What skin and XBMC version are you using? I never had any problems with showing the additional info. Does it happen in all views?
I'm using 8.2 of RCB, The latest SVN version of Transparency! and the latest
(201325) Nightly of XBMC

[
Quote:code]
<fileTypeForMainView1>publisher</fileTypeForMainView1>
<fileTypeForMainView3>developer</fileTypeForMainView3>
[/code]
If not, try to add them and tell me if that solved the problem.

O.K. Maybe this will get complicated...
In each RomCollection, I have this:
Code:
<mediaPath type="developer">E:\Media\Games\Emulators\Images\Publishers\%DEVELOPER%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="publisher">E:\Media\Games\Emulators\Images\Publishers\%PUBLISHER%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="console">E:\Media\Games\Emulators\Images\Systems\%CONSOLE%.*</mediaPath>

Under FileTypes I have this:
Code:
<FileType id="9" name="romcollection">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="10" name="developer">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>developer</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="11" name="publisher">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>publisher</parent>
    </FileType>

And I added:
Code:
<FileType id="16" name="console">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>console</parent>
    </FileType>
  </FileTypes>

I also tried them all with <parent>game</parent>, but that didn't work either :-(

Quote:You are right! I never tested thatBig Grin. But I think this option is very unusual because if you have descfilepergame option set to false this means that you have local game descriptions available and you normally won't use local nfo or online scrapers. But anyway, it is a bug and I will fix it. Thanks for testing!

This only occured because I was using the synopsis file to begin with, but it doesn't have publisher and developer info for all the games, so I used MobyGames as the secondary scraper.
When I found that I couldn't get the publisher/developer logos to work, I wanted to rescrape from the nfos that I'd already generated.

- malte - 2011-03-26

I will check it with Transparency too, maybe it is a skin related problem (font colors or something like this).

About the console images: I guess there has been a change some releases ago and I changed the naming from "console" to "romcollection". Unfortunately you will have to reimport the games to make this change happen.

About developer and publisher images (and later romcollection images): You must add the lines that I posted above to the imagePlacing options like described here: link (you will see that these options are missing there, too). You could also use the imagePlacing options from the new config.xml template that you find here: link.

- Tomkun - 2011-03-27

malte Wrote:I will check it with Transparency too, maybe it is a skin related problem (font colors or something like this).

I don't think it's skin related. It actually says 'Not Available'.

Quote:About the console images: I guess there has been a change some releases ago and I changed the naming from "console" to "romcollection". Unfortunately you will have to reimport the games to make this change happen.

About developer and publisher images (and later romcollection images): You must add the lines that I posted above to the imagePlacing options like described here: link (you will see that these options are missing there, too). You could also use the imagePlacing options from the new config.xml template that you find here: link.

I had already added all the code you mentioned. In fact, the console name disappears as it should, but is not replaced by any image.

I will uninstall and reinstall the mod and start again from scratch and see if that sorts out the problem.

Just to clarify, what should the <parent> be for each of the images? In the default xml file it is game, but this used to be incorrect.

- malte - 2011-03-27

Tomkun Wrote:I don't think it's skin related. It actually says 'Not Available'.
Really strange. I can't think of a reason for this. And this happens for all games in all views or just with some games?

Tomkun Wrote:I had already added all the code you mentioned. In fact, the console name disappears as it should, but is not replaced by any image.
So, developer and publisher works already?

I have tested it again here and it works as expected for me. I just noticed that I forgot to add the console image to the "Info 2" view. But in this case the console name will remain. Maybe the names of the images don't match anymore? It must be exactly the name of the Rom Collection + extension.

I am working on a new local data scenario that should contain developer, publisher and console images. Here is a full working config of this scenario: http://pastebin.com/1DTujvJ4. Maybe you can use this as a reference.

- Tomkun - 2011-03-27

malte Wrote:Really strange. I can't think of a reason for this. And this happens for all games in all views or just with some games?

I have managed to reproduce it, while trying to get images working.

After I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it, after the first scan all the information was showing.

I reimported the games to try and get images to show but noticed then that all the info had disappeared.

I deleted the database to try again, still doesn't show up...

Quote:So, developer and publisher works already?

No, nothing does.

Quote:I have tested it again here and it works as expected for me. I just noticed that I forgot to add the console image to the "Info 2" view. But in this case the console name will remain. Maybe the names of the images don't match anymore? It must be exactly the name of the Rom Collection + extension.

Let me show you exactly what code I am using now...

In 'RomCollection'
Code:
<mediaPath type="developer">E:\Media\Games\Emulators\Images\Publishers\%DEVELOPER%.*</mediaPath>
  <mediaPath type="publisher">E:\Media\Games\Emulators\Images\Publishers\%PUBLISHER%.*</mediaPath>
  <mediaPath type="romcollection">E:\Media\Games\Emulators\Images\Systems\%CONSOLE%.*</mediaPath>

In 'FileTypes'
Code:
- <FileType id="9" name="romcollection">
  <type>image</type>
  <parent>romcollection</parent>
  </FileType>
- <FileType id="10" name="developer">
  <type>image</type>
  <parent>developer</parent>
  </FileType>
- <FileType id="11" name="publisher">
  <type>image</type>
  <parent>publisher</parent>
  </FileType>

In 'fileTypeFor name="gameinfobigVideo"'
Code:
<fileTypeForMainView1>developer</fileTypeForMainView1>
  <fileTypeForMainView3>publisher</fileTypeForMainView3>

Do you see any mistakes? All the images are named exactly as the RomCollection is named i.e, SNES.png, Genesis.png.

Quote:I am working on a new local data scenario that should contain developer, publisher and console images. Here is a full working config of this scenario: http://pastebin.com/1DTujvJ4. Maybe you can use this as a reference.

Thanks Malte, I'll check it out.

Edit:
Just uninstalled, reinstalled and rescraped... Info is back again!

Edit 2:
Changed %CONSOLE% to %ROMCOLLECTION% and now the image is showing! Although, after rescraping all the info is lost again...

Edit 3:
I don't know what I just did, except for messing around with the filters, but suddenly everything is working!

Thank you for your patience Malte!

- malte - 2011-03-27

The only error that I can see in the cofig is this one:

Code:
<mediaPath type="romcollection">E:\Media\Games\Emulators\Images\Systems\%CONSOLE%.*</mediaPath>

It should look like this (replace CONSOLE with ROMCOLLECTION)
Code:
<mediaPath type="romcollection">E:\Media\Games\Emulators\Images\Systems\%ROMCOLLECTION%.*</mediaPath>

If this all does not help, you could import a hand full of games and send me your MyGames.db and config.xml and I can check if I can reproduce it here.

Edit: Just saw your edits. Good to hear that its working. But I will check some reimports if I can reproduce the error with the info not showing up.

- kruuth - 2011-03-28

Hat to whine here, still freezing on startup. Windows 7.

- Tomkun - 2011-03-28

Hiya Malte,

Is there any way to force the MobyGames scraper to use the US results? Since I live in Japan, I assume MobyGames is using my IP address and sending me publisher results for Japan which I don't want...

Sorry to keep bothering you!

- malte - 2011-03-28

@kruuth:
I guess I was somehow able to reproduce your problem. I wanted to start RCB and it just did nothing. XBMC freezes in the addons list and I had to kill it. In the log I had the same output like you in your last log. But this happened just 1 time after several hundred launches of RCB. So I am not really confident that I will be able to reproduce it again and fix it. How often does this happen on your system? Are you doing other stuff in the background?

@Tomkun:
Not out of the box. It is an issue on our list to support regional selection of info and artwork but we did not start to work on it.

And, no problem. Bug reports and feature requests are always welcome!

- joethefox - 2011-03-28

thank you for this nice addon!
Another developer said he does not like as an idea (Smile) so I ask you the same thing:
- is possibile to add inside the M.A.M.E. section, during game list, the capability to play a background music file? I'm thinking to "Arcade Ambience Project" Nod
like project author (Andy Hofle) says "The arcade ambience project is an attempt of mine to simulate the audio ambience of a crowded arcade room during the golden age of arcades in the 1980s".

- kruuth - 2011-03-28

It happens randomly. That's the main problem.