Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2011-03-31

From the parts that I can see there are two errors in the synopsis and the parserConfig:

1. The order of the properties in the synopsis looks like this:
Code:
b03e0b32,8bd8998a
Aero Blasters
Alternate Title: Air Buster
Platform: TurboGrafx-16
Region: USA
Media: TurboChip
Controller: TurboGrafx Gamepad
Genre: Shooter
Release Year: 1990
Developer: Inter State
Publisher: Turbo Technologies, Inc.
Players: 1 or 2 CO-OP

In the parser config it looks like this:
Code:
<crc restOfLine="true" delimiter=","></crc>
<Game restOfLine="true"></Game>
<Platform optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Platform>
<Region optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Region>
<Media optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Media>
<Controller optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Controller>
<Genre optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Genre>
<ReleaseYear optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></ReleaseYear>        
<Developer optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Developer>
<Publisher optional="true" restOfLine="true"></Publisher>        
<Players optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></Players>        
<OriginalTitle optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></OriginalTitle>
<AlternateTitle optional="true" delimiter="," restOfLine="true"></AlternateTitle>

As you can see the "Alternate Title" is located in line 3 of the synopsis but expected after "Players" and (optional) "OriginalTitle" in the parser config. That's why it gets out of sync after the first entry.

2. There is another error in the synopsis itself: In the first entry it is called "Alternate Title:", in the second entry it is "Alternate Titles:". This also won't work as expected.

I have seen some of the hand made synopsis files from the xtras and they all had a lot of errors (wrong spelled key words, changing the order of the key words, etc.). Thats why I translated some of these files to working ones and provide them for download on RCBs wiki page. It is on my list to add the missing files in the future but I am not sure when I will have time to do this. If you have access the synopsis editor you could try to export the files from there. They should have a much better quality than the hand made ones. But it can happen that you still need to make little changes to get everything working.

Maybe I will find some time in the next 2-3 weeks to provide some more files, but don't rely on itSmile

- akilleuz - 2011-03-31

Really cool plugin, i would like to get this working on my XBMC and will have a look in the weekend Big Grin

I was just wondering, what kind off games/ROMS are the best to play on a PC i suppose alot of NDS games would not be that fun due to the missing touchpad?

Any suggistions?

- Tomkun - 2011-03-31

akilleuz Wrote:Really cool plugin, i would like to get this working on my XBMC and will have a look in the weekend Big Grin

I was just wondering, what kind off games/ROMS are the best to play on a PC i suppose alot of NDS games would not be that fun due to the missing touchpad?

Any suggistions?

If you have a gamepad on your PC, you can play pretty much anything.

SNES, Mega Drive (Genesis), NES etc...

If you have a powerful enough PC, you can even get PS2 games working with PCSX2.

- akilleuz - 2011-03-31

Tomkun Wrote:If you have a gamepad on your PC, you can play pretty much anything.

SNES, Mega Drive (Genesis), NES etc...

If you have a powerful enough PC, you can even get PS2 games working with PCSX2.

Okay COOL, it is a new world to me but im looking forward to dive into it Smile

Can you guide me in a good emulator for a beginner? Then i will find some games matching it.

- Tomkun - 2011-04-01

Probably the easiest to start with would be one of the SNES emulators. There are 2 main ones, Snes9x and zSNE. Both of them have their pros and cons, but are very reliable.

Out of preference, I use Snes9x because I prefer the look but that is only cosmetic.

- lord_plankton - 2011-04-01

hey i have installed rcb 0.8.1 on my xbmc live (10.0 r35648) yesterday
its pretty nice, but now i cant shutdown anymore with the shutdown-menu
xbmc executes the command xbmc.shutdown()
Code:
16:59:56 T:3077437328 M:1712525312   DEBUG: OnKey: 61453 pressed, action is Sele
ct
16:59:56 T:3077437328 M:1712525312   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC
.Shutdown()
16:59:56 T:3077437328 M:1712525312   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.Shutdown
()

but then xbmc just goes to suspend
Code:
16:59:56 T:3077437328 M:1712525312   DEBUG: DBus: Creating message to org.freede
sktop.DeviceKit.Power on /org/freedesktop/DeviceKit/Power with interface org.fre
edesktop.DeviceKit.Power and method Suspend
16:59:56 T:3077437328 M:1712525312   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement:
Suspend from xbmc
16:59:56 T:3077437328 M:1712525312   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement:
Sleep from xbmc
16:59:56 T:3077437328 M:1712525312  NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs

immediately after that xbmc resumes from sleep
Code:
16:59:57 T:3077437328 M:1713033216  NOTICE: OnWake: Running resume jobs
16:59:57 T:3077437328 M:1713033216   ERROR: GLX: Same window as before, refreshi
ng context

so i tried to help myself and found a change in .xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml
before the installation of rcb (and firefox but i think firefox has nothing to do with that) there was a setting
Code:
<shutdownstate>1</shutdownstate>

and after the installation it was changed to
Code:
<shutdownstate>3</shutdownstate>

so i changed it back to shutdownstate=1, and did a reboot (with sudo reboot)
but when xbmc was up again the shutdownstate was 3 again and i still can not shutdown from the shutdown menu, so the xbmc.shutdown() or the org.freedesktop.DeviceKit.Power.xml or anything else i dont know does something wrong

so i looked at /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.DeviceKit.Power.xml
and i couldnt find anything wrong but i noticed that there is just a "method suspend" text
and nothing like shutdown or restart, the thing is that i dont know how a power.xml file looks when its working (i never needed to know)

so is there my problem? could anyone upload his power.xml? or is the problem somewhere else?

if it helps i can upload my whole xbmc.log and power.xml and guisettings.xml or what else is needed
please help
thanks

- synch - 2011-04-01

Tomkun Wrote:Probably the easiest to start with would be one of the SNES emulators. There are 2 main ones, Snes9x and zSNE. Both of them have their pros and cons, but are very reliable.

Out of preference, I use Snes9x because I prefer the look but that is only cosmetic.

In addition to that you could try Fusion, it emulates Genesis/Mega Drive + 32X + Mega CD + Game Gear + Master System.

Basically all 8 and 16 bit Sega systems and their add ons.

- malte - 2011-04-02

lord_plankton Wrote:so i changed it back to shutdownstate=1, and did a reboot (with sudo reboot)
but when xbmc was up again the shutdownstate was 3 again and i still can not shutdown from the shutdown menu, so the xbmc.shutdown() or the org.freedesktop.DeviceKit.Power.xml or anything else i dont know does something wrong
I can't imagine that this is RCB related. Did you try to change the value via XBMCs setting (Settings/System/Power saving/Shutdown function)? Maybe it is hold somewhere else and reset if you change it manually.

Scraping multiple files games - DigiTech - 2011-04-02

Anyone have any advice on how to scrap games that has multiple isos like PS1 final fantasy VII, some games has 4 isos (obviously 4 cds) , when ending the first iso do i have to rename the next iso to the original name so it can work?
Anyone know how to scrape the same game with all the files(cd1,cd2,cd3,etc)so it can be selected from RCB?
Example Final Fantasy Disc1, Final Fantasy Disc2 so all discs appear selectable in RCB with the same game name...

- andlinux - 2011-04-02

malte Wrote:I can't imagine that this is RCB related.
Indeed, if you do a search on the net then you will see that firefox is giving these problems.

- malte - 2011-04-03

DigiTech Wrote:Anyone have any advice on how to scrap games that has multiple isos like PS1 final fantasy VII, some games has 4 isos (obviously 4 cds) , when ending the first iso do i have to rename the next iso to the original name so it can work?
Anyone know how to scrape the same game with all the files(cd1,cd2,cd3,etc)so it can be selected from RCB?
Example Final Fantasy Disc1, Final Fantasy Disc2 so all discs appear selectable in RCB with the same game name...
I guess this won't work in the current version. RCB uses the name that is scraped from the online source as gamename and writes this name to database. Additionally there is a constraint that the gamename must be unique per Rom Collection.

I will add it to my list to find a better way to handle this scenario.

- malte - 2011-04-03

New test version available: 0.8.3

This is just a quick bug fix release to get the new features out as a stable version.

Game Import:
  • workaround for encoding error on windows
Configuration:
  • little fixes to RC Edit skin file

It is still NOT possible to import games with "special" characters like "André Agassi Tennis" or "1080° Snowboarding" on Windows. There seem to be issues with the encoding implementation of XBMCs python modules, so I don't think we will be able to solve this until Eden will come with a new python version. But at least this version should not hang or crash anymore when you try to import games with unknown characters.

- lord_plankton - 2011-04-03

malte Wrote:I can't imagine that this is RCB related. Did you try to change the value via XBMCs setting (Settings/System/Power saving/Shutdown function)? Maybe it is hold somewhere else and reset if you change it manually.

alright i tried to change it via settings, but there is no shutdown funcktion anymore, only suspend and standby, and yes after a restart the value is reset automatically Sad

- malte - 2011-04-03

@lord_plankton:
Did you see andlinux comment?

andlinux Wrote:Indeed, if you do a search on the net then you will see that firefox is giving these problems.

- DigiTech - 2011-04-03

malte Wrote:I guess this won't work in the current version. RCB uses the name that is scraped from the online source as gamename and writes this name to database. Additionally there is a constraint that the gamename must be unique per Rom Collection.

I will add it to my list to find a better way to handle this scenario.

Thanks Malte that would be very helpful for all of us that has multiple cd games, so for now when i finish game disk#1 do you recommend that i just rename disk#2 to disk#1 and replace it in the same directory with the same database name so i can continue playing and so on, is it possible?