Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- st graveyard - 2011-05-02

Hello all,

I just found out about this fantastic add on. However, it is really not clear to use in the skin I'm using, AEON NOX.

Is there already a skin developped for this script for the AEON family?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Grave

- Tomkun - 2011-05-03

st graveyard Wrote:Hello all,

I just found out about this fantastic add on. However, it is really not clear to use in the skin I'm using, AEON NOX.

Is there already a skin developped for this script for the AEON family?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Grave

I think only Confluence, Night and The Carmichael have skins so far...

- malte - 2011-05-03

st graveyard Wrote:Is there already a skin developped for this script for the AEON family?
Tomkun is right. Atm there is no Aeon style skin. Maybe Night comes a bit closer than Confluence. But you need to grab the required files on your own. Maybe I will provide different skins for download some day...

st graveyard Wrote:However, it is really not clear to use in the skin I'm using, AEON NOX.
What do you mean with "not clear to use"? Just the different way of navigation or any problems with colors or fonts (text not readable)?

- fional - 2011-05-06

Hi,

I had a similar problem with advanced launcher, unfortunately the fix doesn't apply to Rom Collection Browser.

I've been searching for a solution for the past several days, and everything I try seems to fail, though I was sort of able to get this somewhat working in advanced launcher, I prefer the "plot" descriptions and so forth..

I have Rom Collection Browser Insta,,ed installed. I have some MAME roms imported. When I try to run them from XBMC, via the advanced launcher, it fails. But if I run them directly, either from the mame emu itself, or from command line via hyperspin - it runs grand.

Emulator Cmd: C:\Program Files\Roms\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe
Emulator Params: Mame "%ROM%"
Rom Path: C:\Program Files\Roms\Mame Roms
File Mask *.zip

That's how I currently have it setup. Now I ran hyperspin hq and I have the paths all correct.

I also tried this without hyperspin, and just using the mame emu specifically. This also would not run. I would prefer just using the MAME emu directly.

I'm at a loss what to do.

I've tried MAME %ROMPATH% and variations of that, but it does not seem to recognise rompath as a param...

Please advise.

Many thanks!
Lucy

- carabalb - 2011-05-06

fional Wrote:I've tried MAME %ROMPATH% and variations of that, but it does not seem to recognise rompath as a param...

Mame is a little trickier to set up than some of the other emulators. Try using the wiki guide here: http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=MAME_-_Windows#Windows to help get you started.

- DigiTech - 2011-05-06

fional Wrote:Hi,

I've tried MAME %ROMPATH% and variations of that, but it does not seem to recognise rompath as a param...

Please advise.

Many thanks!
Lucy

Maybe this can help? Another user have had similar problems with mame.., i use mameui but you need to do the following..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenae View Post
God damn MAME.

Ohk so I've managed to import my whole rom collection. All consoles are working well, however; I'm still having problems with mame.

As I said the other day my mame roms are multiple files within zip folders. RCB has scanned and added them to database correctly however when I try to run a ROMs the emulator fails and says that files are missing.

All of these roms are mounted in the emulator and run fine when loaded from the emulator.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Which version on mameui32 are you using?
Are you using the mame.ini file inside the "ini" folder in mameui32 directory and pointing the exact location of it in your arguments?

Digitech said:
You need to indicate into the arguments the path where is located the mame.ini file like this (in mameui32 the path is inside the mame directory,it's inside a folder called ini) It should be like this.

-inipath "C:\Program Files\mame32\ini" "%ROM%"

You also need to configure the mame.ini file to express the exact location of the configuration files of mameui own folders:

rompath "C:\Program Files\mame32\roms" (It doesnt matter where they are as long as you specify the correct location, you need to set the same location in mameui too)
cfg_directory "C:\Program Files\mame32\cfg"
nvram_directory "C:\Program Files\mame32\nvram"
memcard_directory "C:\Program Files\mame32\memcard"
input_directory "C:\Program Files\mame32\inp"
state_directory "C:\Program Files\mame32\sta"
snapshot_directory "C:\Program Files\mame32\snap"

I asked you that because i just finished scrapping my 8,000 roms with mameui32 v0.39 and working with no problems following this parameters using MameUI32 V0.39.
Mameui and Mame command version has esentially the same code so mameui can be configured with no big problems.
Hope i can be of any help, pls tell me if that worked out your situation.

- fional - 2011-05-06

carabalb Wrote:Mame is a little trickier to set up than some of the other emulators. Try using the wiki guide here: http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=MAME_-_Windows#Windows to help get you started.

It is trickier! hehe thanks for the help, going to try it in a few! I really like the Rom Collection Browser.

As I don't have a controller, I was trying to think of emu's that would be best suited for a keyboard (like the 64 and sure Mame works well enough as well) Smile

Thanks!!

- fional - 2011-05-06

DigiTech Wrote:Maybe this can help? Another user have had similar problems with mame.., i use mameui but you need to do the following..

I asked you that because i just finished scrapping my 8,000 roms with mameui32 v0.39 and working with no problems following this parameters using MameUI32 V0.39.
Mameui and Mame command version has esentially the same code so mameui can be configured with no big problems.
Hope i can be of any help, pls tell me if that worked out your situation.

Thanks!! I was just coming by to say I followed that other thread and it still doesn't work. It just flickers a black screen and returns to XBMC. Going to try this now! Smile

---
EDIT

I just tried this and it doesn't work. While the black screen doesn't stick around it seems to be saying something like "unknown system Mame"

- malte - 2011-05-06

fional Wrote:Emulator Cmd: C:\Program Files\Roms\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe
Are you sure that this is correct? I did not try Hyperspin myself, so I don't know what the HyperLaunch.exe does. But I would expect the path to your mame.exe or mameui.exe should be used to launch your mame roms?

- fional - 2011-05-06

malte Wrote:Are you sure that this is correct? I did not try Hyperspin myself, so I don't know what the HyperLaunch.exe does. But I would expect the path to your mame.exe or mameui.exe should be used to launch your mame roms?

I've abandoned using hyperspin, it was just a suggestion I had read. I've been trying everything. I'm back to trying to get this to work with mame. I followed two of the suggestions above, but I seem to be getting a black screen that says unknown system Mame and loads of text under it - but it flickers WAY too fast for me to read it.

--
EDIT

This is what I have in RCB:
Emulator Cmd: C:\Program Files\Roms\Mame\mame.exe (that's where the mame is)
Emulator Params: -inipath "C:\Program Files\roms\mame" "%rom%"
Rom Path: C:\Program Files\Roms\Mame Roms
File Mask: *.zip

Mame.ini:
rompath C:\Program Files\roms\mame roms

- malte - 2011-05-06

One note on this: In RCB you have to use "%ROM%" instead of "%rom%". I already changed it to be case insensitive for the next version but in the current version this is a tricky little difference between the two addons.

- fional - 2011-05-06

malte Wrote:One note on this: In RCB you have to use "%ROM%" instead of "%rom%". I already changed it to be case insensitive for the next version but in the current version this is a tricky little difference between the two addons.

Sorted!!!

Thanks everyone Smile Ok so very very very happy now!

Now I'm off to get my media flags for external drives working Big Grin

- r3h4b - 2011-05-06

Hi Malte,

First of all: Thanks for this great plugin! I'm loving it. I can't seem to remove a collection, though. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here...

Can someone give me pointers?

Edit: Also, I noticed that Dolphin emu has trouble being launched from the XBMC install folder instead of it's own folder ("cant find plugin"- errors). I had to workaround it by calling a .bat file (just to let you know...)

Thanks!

- DigiTech - 2011-05-07

r3h4b Wrote:Hi Malte,

First of all: Thanks for this great plugin! I'm loving it. I can't seem to remove a collection, though. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here...

Can someone give me pointers?

RCB doesn't allow to delete an entire rom collection yet, but you can edit a probable trouble by pressing "c" in your keyboard maybe you already knew that.

r3h4b Wrote:: Also, I noticed that Dolphin emu has trouble being launched from the XBMC install folder instead of it's own folder ("cant find plugin"- errors). I had to workaround it by calling a .bat file (just to let you know...)

Thanks!

Yesterday i had that problem too with the Dolphin emu, would you be kind to explain what indications you gave to your batch file? Perhaps how you create it, thanks!

- r3h4b - 2011-05-07

DigiTech Wrote:RCB doesn't allow to delete an entire rom collection yet, but you can edit a probable trouble by pressing "c" in your keyboard maybe you already knew that.

Yesterday i had that problem too with the Dolphin emu, would you be kind to explain what indications you gave to your batch file? Perhaps how you create it, thanks!

Hi Digitech,

Thanks for your reply. Too bad I can't remove a collection yet; I"ve edited it out of the xml for now (although the entries are still present in the database but the collection is not showing up anymore..

Regarding the .bat, do this:

1. create a .bat file called "launcher.bat" and place it in your Dolphin folder
2. edit it and put the following in it:
Code:
@echo off

cd /d %~dp0
dolphin.exe /e %1
Save and close
3. in RCB, point to the .bat file instead of the dolphin.exe and use just "%ROM%" as paramerer

that should do it Smile