Kodi Community Forum
Night - A Skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - A Skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=70116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Night - A Skin for XBMC - mcborzu - 2010-03-17

Release Trailer - Youtube link

UPDATE 2/20/2010
2 Wall View Examples - Example One, Example Two

UPDATE 3/1/2010
Music Section - Youtube Link
If video was blocked use this link - VIMEO Link

UPDATE 3/10/2010
Home sub-menus: See in action - Youtube Link

UPDATE 3/20/2010
Just a bunch of the more common dialogs - Link to images

UPDATE 3/21/2010
Picture Section - Pics and link to a video

UPDATE 3/24/2010
What happens when not every show has a logo? - Youtube Link

UPDATE 3/26/2010
Fullscreen Music Playback - Link to Pics and Videos

UPDATE 3/28/2010
Recently Added on Home - Link to Pics and Video

UPDATE 5/2/2010
New Music and Movie View - Link to Pic and Video

UPDATE 5/2/2010
Started adding support for the merge - Link to Pics

Release Date

[SIZE="8"]Friday, May 14th[/SIZE]

- mcborzu - 2010-03-17

ProgressHuh
Pretty close, it was hard coding without XBMC up. It felt like XBMC died it felt kinda wierd coding without checking and reading up and whats going on....

Added some window close/open transitions, I think I'm closing in on finding and skinning all those weird dialogs I don't use and tidying up the settings- added checking off home menus items you don't want.

@NineT9mustang

Right before XBMC went down you offered some Clear Logos that you created, if you still got them I and others would love to have them. This is what I got so far:

- ould - 2010-03-17

Skin looks pretty good so far! Just watched the youtube vids. Nice work! One request, please have watched/unwatched status for TV Shows at least. I always have trouble remembering which episodes I have watched, especially on older shows I am "catching up" on.

Thanks!

Kevin

- mcborzu - 2010-03-17

Overlays are in the "touchup" section at the moment, heres what I got/thinking so far:

Still thinking and debating on if/what type of 'watched ribbon' to use on the focus image or on the posters in the movie section....

- stoli - 2010-03-18

Love the progress. At first glance I like the strike-through but I think it also brings to mind that the episode is missing... Not sure. Huh

- paul - 2010-03-18

To be honest i like the strike through for watched status as it is so different
from the normal tick icon which is soooooo boring. skin is looking amazingBig Grin

- hikaricore - 2010-03-18

There is so much awesome involved in this skin..
I might actually have to rip myself away from my steady use of Aeon and Alaska for this one!

- Thomss - 2010-03-18

Looks great, can't wait to try it! Big Grin

- XBMCG33K - 2010-03-19

mcborzu Wrote:Overlays are in the "touchup" section at the moment, heres what I got/thinking so far:

Still thinking and debating on if/what type of 'watched ribbon' to use on the focus image or on the posters in the movie section....

You deffinately need to make proper diffuse textures for those episode thumbs, the stretched corners need some love.

- ekim232 - 2010-03-19

Quick question on your homepage. I see you have an HD movie section.

What are you using as a link to have it pull HD media only? Is it just linked to a share or drive of yours that stores HD media?

- mcborzu - 2010-03-19

@ekim232

You know theres alot a ways to do that, personally I create a custom genre called "720" so it real easy to add home menus or in other skins I just go to genres>720. So my genre field is <genre>720 / Action / Adventure</genre>

@XBMCG33K

Yea still debating on wheather to use Alaska's frames or make my own. Personally I love those frames, I ask Hitcher he said its cool to use them. Odds are I'll use them. Heres what they look like using the newer Alaska frames:

- xbs08 - 2010-03-19

mcborzu Wrote:@ekim232

You know theres alot a ways to do that, personally I create a custom genre called "720" so it real easy to add home menus or in other skins I just go to genres>720. So my genre field is <genre>720 / Action / Adventure</genre>

How do you point directly to a specific genre?
The only way i can do that is by adding a genre to favorites and get the direction from there (eg. <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,videodb://1/1/9/)</onclick>) but the last digit is variable.

- mcborzu - 2010-03-19

Yea thats how I get the path, set the genre "720" as a favorite then open up favorites.xml and get the path from there...

Since my home menu is just simple text I'd love to figure out the way Aeon does that custom menu thing by opening up Favorites through the skin but thats more on my 'wishlist' rather than 'to do' list

- xbs08 - 2010-03-20

Do you mean the menu that pop up when you press "s"?

- hikaricore - 2010-03-20

What are the dimensions on those series logos?
I've made a lot of cleararts/landscape posters and most have the text as separate layers where I could easily contribute. ^_^