Kodi Community Forum
Night - A Skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - A Skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=70116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- mcborzu - 2010-04-19

hikaricore Wrote:Okies. Couple ideas for file view watched just incase:
~ A strike-through using a semi-transparent blue line. (matching the blue used throughout the skin)
~ Darkening the item but not past the point of readability. (subtle yet effective)
~ Smaller version of the X used in other views. (probably wouldn't look great but possibly)

Funny those are all the exact ideas I have, now it's down to getting it done...

- mcborzu - 2010-04-19

@hikaricore

Check the panel view behavior now should be good...

@ppic or anyone

I changed the logo code to "Largeimage" tell me if that worked with any display issues you might have had.

- mcborzu - 2010-04-19

Might as well set a hard date:

Friday May 14th

*could be the 7th but wouldn't count on it, Just these things take time. Probably another day to finish global music now playing, probably take 1-2 days to get everything ready for translating, etc...Plus now that the weather is nice I lose 1-2hrs every off day with grass cutting/yard work.

- hikaricore - 2010-04-19

mcborzu Wrote:@hikaricore

Check the panel view behavior now should be good...

@ppic or anyone

I changed the logo code to "Largeimage" tell me if that worked with any display issues you might have had.

Panel view is fine now thanks.

But ewww background image loading on titles. :p
On newer builds these load incredibly slow each and every time.
(they're forcing dds image conversion in svn which is likely the cause)

- mcborzu - 2010-04-19

I didn't notice any difference, I'm on 28202 (pre-merge) though. Actually I was getting a small hiccup cause they weren't background loaded seemed smoother with "largeimage" for me at least.

- hikaricore - 2010-04-19

I'm wondering if after the merge is complete dds will be optional again, I'm not sure if it was done intentionally but every image is now converted, and for some reason it is done each and every time aside from folder and fanart images. O.o
Prior to the merge I was having vdapu issues resulting in a green picture otherwise I'd just go back further and save myself from the insanity (possibly).
It's probably better this way as I can give you news from the svn frontlines. :p
Ya never know what kinda attack the XBMC devs are planning on skinners without bastards like me braving the broken code.

- ppic - 2010-04-19

largeimage correct the logo that was not showing on smb share, can you do the same for extrathumbs?
(i've passed the evening to mount my smb shares to get them work lol ! )

- ppic - 2010-04-19

few things noticed:
enable/disable cleartitle in landscape dooesn't change anything, cleartitles shows if exist, nothing shows if not exist.
in 16*9 views, if cleartitle doesn't exist, name don't appears (cleartitle is on), no problem with cleartitle on off.

- mcborzu - 2010-04-19

ppic Wrote:few things noticed:
enable/disable cleartitle in landscape dooesn't change anything, cleartitles shows if exist, nothing shows if not exist.
in 16*9 views, if cleartitle doesn't exist, name don't appears (cleartitle is on), no problem with cleartitle on off.

Yea just haven't updated code, I removed the cleartitle setting from the general settings. The only view that should have that setting is 16x9.

And 16x9 and Landscape there is no way to have a label fallback if the logo's are in a wraplist, so those 2 views are either logo or no logo. No middle ground on those 2 views.

- xbs08 - 2010-04-19

Just out of curiosity, did anyone tested Night on the Xbox?

- ppic - 2010-04-19

mcborzu Wrote:And 16x9 and Landscape there is no way to have a label fallback if the logo's are in a wraplist, so those 2 views are either logo or no logo. No middle ground on those 2 views.

too bad for that !
why can't you put fallback there?

- mcborzu - 2010-04-19

Not sure how things work internally but my guess is when inside a list, if one gets returned as true it then returns true for all of them...

- mcborzu - 2010-04-20

xbs08 Wrote:Just out of curiosity, did anyone tested Night on the Xbox?

Your comment slipped by me...

Actually I gave it a whirl:

1. Switch some code to totally disable Fanart
2. Instead of disabling views I just took out the .xml's I wouldn't use or I know are too much for XBOX like:

Jukebox
16x9
MusicWall
Movie wall
and a few others...

So without fanart and plus ripping out some .xml's - TV section was perfect. Movies - they played but couldn't fast forward so right on the border of enough memory there. But then again others can get T!, Alaska Final, Minimeedia, Confluence to run but for me those never worked.

So it might run better for others, but seems doable atleast. Defiantly won't be a skin that has no chance at running on the XBOX.

- xbs08 - 2010-04-20

Thank you for your work.
It's nice to know that there's a pretty good change of Night runnin' on the Xbox.

- hikaricore - 2010-04-20

There are a few places where you're using "largeimage" as well as "background" for the cleartitles.
Is this intentional or just a redundant oversight? Trying to make sure I understand how largeimage works as I thought it just forced background.