Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- sialivi - 2011-01-27

Hitcher,
In case you missed it (since you never commented on it), I reported another Info List problem one page back. Link

- sialivi - 2011-01-27

Hitcher,
There's a navigation problem and a color problem on the add-ons screen. Since I haven't really used it that much I'll compare the screens in Alaska Revisited and Aeon65 to underline the difference in behaviour:

1) I navigate to Settings->Add-ons->Get add-ons->Hitcher's Repository->Skin->Alaska Revisited
2) In Aeon65 I can navigate Up/Down to select Uninstall/Disable/Change Log and Configure/Update are visually disabled
3) In Alaska I can't navigate Up/Down yet all options visually looks like they are enabled. You can also go back from this screen by pressing Left/Right which seem wrong.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-27

sialivi Wrote:Hitcher,
In case you missed it (since you never commented on it), I reported another Info List problem one page back. Link
That's been fixed.
sialivi Wrote:Hitcher,
There's a navigation problem and a color problem on the add-ons screen. Since I haven't really used it that much I'll compare the screens in Alaska Revisited and Aeon65 to underline the difference in behaviour:

1) I navigate to Settings->Add-ons->Get add-ons->Hitcher's Repository->Skin->Alaska Revisited
2) In Aeon65 I can navigate Up/Down to select Uninstall/Disable/Change Log and Configure/Update are visually disabled
3) In Alaska I can't navigate Up/Down yet all options visually looks like they are enabled. You can also go back from this screen by pressing Left/Right which seem wrong.
They're all greyed out because you can't do anything to the currently used skin -

But select a different skin and you'll see the colours are definitely different -

- sialivi - 2011-01-27

Hitcher Wrote:That's been fixed.
Visually yes, thanks. A slight navigation inconsistence was introduced though. When returning from the info screen in the last step I described you now have to press up/down twice to navigate away from the highlighted movie. The first time you press up/down the plot just changes back to title/genre/runtime.

Oops, didn't realize you can't uninstall the enabled skin. The disabled items certainly looks disabled in the default theme, I was using the Aeon theme and it wasn't nearly as clear there when all items were disabled so there was nothing to compare it to. Sorry about that.

Edit:
Noticed a minor visual inconsistence in the Info List. Long movie titles are truncated differently depending on if the movie is highlighted or not.
For example "Alien: Resurrection (Special Edition)" is shown in it's full form when the movie isn't selected, but is truncated to "Alien: Resurrection (Special E|" when it is, even though the font size is the same.

- AMIGAKI1980 - 2011-01-27

Hi any one else having this issue, I have installed 10.0 “Dharma” xbmc and ALASKA revisited (which has now become my favourite skin) now every once in while the skin will change from alska back to the origional which i think is called confluence. I then have to go to the hitcher repo and reinstall alaska which is a real pain and i am at a loss to why it does this.

- zisis1985 - 2011-01-27

its a XBMC dharma bug, not alaskas'..everytime the alaska skin gets an update it goes back to confluence.I think they gonna fix it in dharma 10.1

- bmcclure937 - 2011-01-27

AMIGAKI1980 Wrote:Hi any one else having this issue, I have installed 10.0 “Dharma” xbmc and ALASKA revisited (which has now become my favourite skin) now every once in while the skin will change from alska back to the origional which i think is called confluence. I then have to go to the hitcher repo and reinstall alaska which is a real pain and i am at a loss to why it does this.

This is a bug that should be fixed in 10.1 Nod

What is happening is the add-on is automatically updating. If it updates files that are in use by XBMC or the skin then it may drop back to Confluence and cause you to need to enable Alaska (or whichever add-on) again.

bmcclure937 Wrote:This is a bug that should be fixed in 10.1 Nod

What is happening is the add-on is automatically updating. If it updates files that are in use by XBMC or the skin then it may drop back to Confluence and cause you to need to enable Alaska (or whichever add-on) again.

Would disabling automatic updates not stop this till the update and thankyou for the quick reply.Wink

- Spaggi - 2011-01-27

Yes, it will. If you want to upgrade AR manually, just switch to Confluence, Upgrade and switch back

Spaggi Wrote:Yes, it will. If you want to upgrade AR manually, just switch to Confluence, Upgrade and switch back

Thankyou. The option is also available via ALASKA just push left or right when in the addons section and turn off auto update. I will be sure to keep a regular check here so as i can turn it back on when theres an update to fix it.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-27

You'll know because you'll need to update XBMC to 10.1.

Hitcher Wrote:You'll know because you'll need to update XBMC to 10.1.

Thanks hitcher I just realised that its an xbmc bug and not the skin. I need to read more indepth sometimes. Just want to extend my gratitude to you also for all the hard work you do, have used other skins you've designed or played a part in the past and the workmanship and attention to detail on your skin's are second to none. Heres to hoping the ideas never dim.

- calmdown - 2011-01-27

OMG, Alaska is in a league of its own. Extremely beautiful skin.

Thanks a lot for continuing to update it with innovating stuff Hitcher, you rule!

- xbmcvis - 2011-01-28

hey hitcher!

this is by far the best xbmc skin out there.
love the horiz. fanart view & kiosk mode \o/

thanks!

- gekados - 2011-01-28

Hi Hitcher.

Just updated last night to 2.6.5. It seems like it's cutting some text in info list on episode level?