Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- RedneckTX - 2011-02-04

Again, thank you. Your support is greatly appreciated.

- fr500 - 2011-02-04

Hi Hitcher

I don't know if it's a know bug but when using banners (without banners.jpg enabled) and I press I to get the infodialog on TV shows it shows the banners squished to poster size and it looks ugly

- nistuf - 2011-02-04

I was wondering, does anyone know if it's a hassle to add taglines to (some) movieviews? I know xbmc scrapes a tagline for movies, and some skins have support for these. I can imagine that this wouldn't work for every view, but it would be a nice option if it was possible?

- TiGmsm - 2011-02-04

Thank you for this detailed response.

WheresWaldo Wrote:Go to Settings >> Add-Ons >> Enabled Add-Ons then bring up the context menu there you will find two items, one is Auto-Update the other is Notifications. Set them any way you want.

This is helpful. Thanks.

WheresWaldo Wrote:Without substituting fonts I do not believe this is possible unless you recode some of the .xml files
As I suspected. I don't want to mess with the xml files as I would have to do it each time the skin was updated by Hitcher. Those doing the maintenance can think of this as user feedback.

WheresWaldo Wrote:The best bet here is to use some third party app to scrape first them let xbmc just read the .nfo files. I use Ember Media Manager, others use Media Companion. Any app like that will make it infinitely easier to manage what you display within xbmc.
Yes, I'm using Ember but this problem occurs randomly and not with all the xbmc installations in my system. I see it on one of them, but not on another. The fix I use is to remove the item from the library and then scan for new content. That always seems to fix it.

WheresWaldo Wrote:Have you considered using a central MySQL db instead of the built in one in xbmc. I have three Ion boxes myself but only use one database and thumbnail set shared between all three. Makes updating so simple that I only need to update one box. Also it can keep track of bookmarks, I start watching a movie in my family room then can stop it and move to the bedroom and it will ask me to start where I left off. Search the forums for instructions on how to set up a single central db.

I do use the central mySQL database. Seems to work really well. I only need to up date one of the systems and they all will update? I'm going to try this tonight. Currently I have SickBeard notifying all the xbmc instances. What I notice is that some of the episodes are listed multiple times. Again, removing the show from the library and re-scanning for new content fixes this problem.

- Cashtro - 2011-02-05

hello

man u done great work ....

btw i got 2 requests could u please add weather in mainpage and optional button in mainpage example i call it Anime and i forward it to my NAS Anime folder??

Where can i donate u mate

- WheresWaldo - 2011-02-05

TiGmsm Wrote:Thank you for this detailed response...

Yes, I'm using Ember but this problem occurs randomly and not with all the xbmc installations in my system. I see it on one of them, but not on another. The fix I use is to remove the item from the library and then scan for new content. That always seems to fix it.

I do use the central mySQL database. Seems to work really well. I only need to up date one of the systems and they all will update? I'm going to try this tonight. Currently I have SickBeard notifying all the xbmc instances. What I notice is that some of the episodes are listed multiple times. Again, removing the show from the library and re-scanning for new content fixes this problem.
I eliminated this problem by only updating one xbmc instance. In order to make it work you must use a central Thumbnails directory also. In linux I just took one of my Thumbnails directories and copied it to my server, then symlinked the local Thumbnails to it, abracadabra, automagically all my xbmc installations now have synced artwork as well as database entries. If I recall you still need to specify the source on each box or xbmc won't know the database has recognizable content (symptom: the Info won't work).

If you don't sync the Thumbnails this way the other way would be to build a routine that after you update a single instance of xbmc's library you will then copy that Thumbnail directory to all your other instances of xbmc.

In order to get this back to a discussion of Alaska.Revisited, I think you can do this with skins too. I am thinking about symlinking the addons directory on the server if that works I can have Alaska.Revisited set up once and every box will be consistent. Don't know if it will really work and I have more stuff to do ahead of this (like expand my raid array this weekend, probably a 24-36 hour process).

- Hitcher - 2011-02-05

Cashtro Wrote:hello

man u done great work ....

btw i got 2 requests could u please add weather in mainpage and optional button in mainpage example i call it Anime and i forward it to my NAS Anime folder??

Where can i donate u mate

Weather is on the Home screen and there have been a few threads regarding adding custom buttons.

- ECEC - 2011-02-05

Hitcher Wrote:Have you actually set up a visualisation?

Doh! I checked and MilkDrop was set, but wasn't working. Changing it to a different vis worked fine. Sorry about that!

- Hitcher - 2011-02-05

No problem.

- fr500 - 2011-02-05

fr500 Wrote:Hi Hitcher

I don't know if it's a know bug but when using banners (without banners.jpg enabled) and I press I to get the infodialog on TV shows it shows the banners squished to poster size and it looks ugly

Maybe I should post an screenshot of this issue? I might try to fix it for personal use.

- Hitcher - 2011-02-05

Not a lot I can do to fix this apart from removing the poster frame and displaying them as they are which will then affect everyone else who uses banner.jpg or don't even use the Banner view type.

Have you considered trying to use banner.jpg yourself?

- fr500 - 2011-02-06

Well yes, hopefully this could be standarized...that would fix many problems Big Grin so the info dialogs are not view specific? or maybe there could be a skin setting? I guess I'll batch rename my files

- Phokus - 2011-02-06

It appears that the subtitle add-on was broken in the newest version of Alaska revisted? All i get is a blank white screen when i try to get the subtitles.

A developer says this:

Quote:alaska's script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml needs an update, since 2.2.6 script doesnt support old window layout

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=714875&postcount=747

- Hitcher - 2011-02-06

That was removed a long time ago.

Movie Set Fanart - TomPiXX - 2011-02-06

Hi,

I searched for it but found nothing about it.

I have a problem with the fanart-view in my movies.
All seems to be fine but the movie sets don't have a thumb in this view.

I know, set-fanarts are note implemented in XBMC but is it possible to have a thumb for sets in the fanart view?

In cover view all sets have a thumb / cover but I really like the fanart-view.