Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Sebo - 2011-02-12

Hitcher Wrote:Not a permission problem is it?

No it shouldn't be, I tried several times removing and adding the files there, I've checked the file attributes and owner and also tried again other .png files.

One thing that I noticed again from the logs is that all sorts of special paths are mapped, but the special://skin that the error mentions, is not mapped. Any idea should that be shown in the log as well or is it mapped off the record?

- Angelscry - 2011-02-12

Hi Hitcher. First thank you to have integrated my request change into your last version. It seems that there is a small problem for displaying the ListItem.Genre value for program. Into your includes.xml file (line 1258) :
Code:
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Genre) + [Container.Content(programs) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(albums)]</visible>
is not displaying the ListItem.Genre info. BUt, if you modify this line as :
Code:
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Genre) + [[b]Window.IsActive(1)[/b] | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(albums)]</visible>
it fix it. I do not know why the Container.Content(programs) parameter is not working here ?? The Window.IsActive(1) parameter look more general for me, but I do not know is using have an effect elsewhere. Huh

- TomPiXX - 2011-02-13

Hitcher Wrote:It's now optional.

Settings > Alaska > Home Options > Disable Flattening of Library directories

Could you explain what this exactly means / effects?
Maybe with an example screenshot?

- Hitcher - 2011-02-13

Default (flattened) -

Home to Movies back Home

Disabled (unflattened) -

Home to Movies back Genres, Title, Year, etc back Movies, TV Shows, etc back Home

- TomPiXX - 2011-02-13

Hitcher Wrote:Default (flattened) -

Home to Movies back Home

Disabled (unflattened) -

Home to Movies back Genres, Title, Year, etc back Movies, TV Shows, etc back Home

Thanks

- TomPiXX - 2011-02-13

I don't know if this was reported before but I noticed that background fanarts in the artists-view are shown very bright while playback a music-file if the background visualization is activated but NO visualization is set in the main settings.

When I stop playback, the fanart is shown normally.

- Hitcher - 2011-02-13

Looks like it happens anywhere but then again why would enable the Background Visualiser if you're not going to set one?

- TomPiXX - 2011-02-13

Hitcher Wrote:Looks like it happens anywhere but then again why would enable the Background Visualiser if you're not going to set one?

For having background video playback

And please... could you add something like a warning dialog when auto update the skin?
It switches automatically to confluence and everbody wonders why... Big Grin

And one more thing:

When I take a look into the info screen and than switch back to the main menu (keymap) I get this screen:

I fixed that provisionally by creating a new keymap for closing the infoscreen but maybe it could be fixed permanently within the skin.

- Hitcher - 2011-02-13

TomPiXX Wrote:For having background video playback
I thought I'd separated music and video background visuals but that another skin so I've just added it here as well.

TomPiXX Wrote:And please... could you add something like a warning dialog when auto update the skin?
It switches automatically to confluence and everbody wonders why... Big Grin
That's an XBMC problem but will be fixed for 10.1 - for now switch off auto-update.
TomPiXX Wrote:And one more thing:

When I take a look into the info screen and than switch back to the main menu (keymap) I get this screen:

I fixed that provisionally by creating a new keymap for closing the infoscreen but maybe it could be fixed permanently within the skin.
Nothing I can do as you're not not meant to navigate from there straight to Home.

You'll have to map a 'close' command.

- rossoneri711 - 2011-02-13

hey guys

i want to ask you guys a question.

I have an ASrock ION 330 HT-BD with 4 GB RAM and 500GB HDD. I am running Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop edition.

Everything is set up correctly and playback is flawless. I am having though a problem with the loading of posters.

I am always using the Poster Wrap view and the posters are not loaded instantly, it takes a couple of second to load. Its really annoying when trying to find a movie to see.

I read about a solution with DDS, but that sacrifices quality and i dont want that. Is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks in advance

- Hitcher - 2011-02-13

Have you even tried using DDS? I don't notice any difference in quality.

- TomPiXX - 2011-02-13

rossoneri711 Wrote:(...) but that sacrifices quality (...)

Where did you read about that?

- rossoneri711 - 2011-02-14

ok i will give it a shot. anyone know where i can find instructions for ubuntu?

- rossoneri711 - 2011-02-14

TomPiXX Wrote:Where did you read about that?

These are GPU-friendly compressed formats which allow for very fast loading of textures. It comes at the disadvantage of a loss in quality - DXT compression can in some cases be very bad quality

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=ThumbnailCache#DDS_artwork

- Sebo - 2011-02-14

Sebo Wrote:Yup, I'm running XP with latest stable XBMC and latest Alaska, and I put the files into:
C:\Documents and Settings\HTPC\Application Data\XBMC\skin.alaska.revisited\extras\customicons

Wow, just wow. I must point out my retardedness so to proof that there is no bug concerning the home icons.

I had backuped my skin folder a long time ago from C:\Documents and Settings\HTPC\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\ to C:\Documents and Settings\HTPC\Application Data\XBMC\skin.alaska.revisited\ and I put the icons in there.

Got it working now. Oo