Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2010-05-10

Opps, forgot to do that last night.

- jsahlen - 2010-05-12

Sorry if this touches on being a support question, but my XBMC doesn't seem to pick up the banner.jpg files (r28256 on Mac). Should I try another build, or do I need to change something in the skin? I'm not adverse to coding, but I think I need a small nudge in the right direction Smile

This skin is beautiful btw. I've been using Alaska for a long time, but this Revisited version is truly amazing; much more refined and slick. So thanks so much for your hard work!

- Hitcher - 2010-05-13

Where are they stored?

- jsahlen - 2010-05-13

Hitcher Wrote:Where are they stored?
In the folder for each show (the same folder the scraper uses to get the show name), e.g. "/TV Shows/30 Rock/banner.jpg".

- Soul - 2010-05-14

Some quick questions/problems...

- In TV shows the banners don't appear. I just get an empty banner box. Don't get the same problem with 'standard' Alaska. This is a bit of a pain as the actual tv show name isn't shown for the one selected Smile

- Is there a way to hide certain media flags? I'd love to get rid of the question marks, like I could in the standard version.

- When going into Movies instead of going straight into the movie list it pops up the settings screen when you choose which view you want etc, then immediately that goes and I'm looking at the movies. Would be nice if it just went straight in. This happens on all Alaska versions for me.

- When in Music it shows 'Home Style 2' at the top.

I'm using the latest checkout from SVN and the latest OXS nightly.

Thanks and great skin!

Justin

- WJWNL - 2010-05-15

I'm trying to add lockdown in my own version of Alaska. Can someone tell me how to do this? Or is this so much work that I can better not try to bother?

- Amra - 2010-05-15

WJWNL Wrote:I'm trying to add lockdown in my own version of Alaska. Can someone tell me how to do this? Or is this so much work that I can better not try to bother?
This was in regards to Alaska Final and not Revisited but maybe it will help:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69521&highlight=lock

- Hitcher - 2010-05-15

Soul Wrote:Some quick questions/problems...

- In TV shows the banners don't appear. I just get an empty banner box. Don't get the same problem with 'standard' Alaska. This is a bit of a pain as the actual tv show name isn't shown for the one selected Smile

From this first post -
Hitcher Wrote:For the combined Banner, Landscape and Poster support -
  • Have the scraper set to download Posters.

• Download the Banner and Landscape images from TVdb and save them to each TV Show folder naming them banner.jpg and landscape.jpg respectively. I recommend resizing the landscape images to 408x230 to prevent slowdown.

- Is there a way to hide certain media flags? I'd love to get rid of the question marks, like I could in the standard version.

If you play the media that doesn't have certain flags then XBMC should extract the data for you as long as you've enabled it of course. ISO file data can only be extracted this way for instance.

- When going into Movies instead of going straight into the movie list it pops up the settings screen when you choose which view you want etc, then immediately that goes and I'm looking at the movies. Would be nice if it just went straight in. This happens on all Alaska versions for me.

You'll find it happens on all skins as it's an XBMC problem.

Says 'Music Library' for me.

- mybrain87 - 2010-05-15

Great skin!

Is it possible to have season thumbs as posters and as landscape thumbs. So for example season01.tbn and season01-landscape.tbn so that you could switch between those views?

- kryptonyte - 2010-05-16

Hitcher Wrote:- When in Music it shows 'Home Style 2' at the top.

I noticed a similar issue which disappeared after I deleted the skin and checked it out from the SVN again. In the 'Settings' menu instead of the option in the bottom right reading 'Alaska' it read 'Home Style 3'. Some kind of localization bug, but it mush be in something besides the skin. Not sure where to put the blame on this one?

- Hitcher - 2010-05-16

You've probably started XBMC with Alaska and then changed skin to Alaska Revisted which meant that you still had the Alaska language file in memory - restarting XBMC will sort this out.

- willers.nail - 2010-05-16

This skin is great and works really well even on the xbox, I have a few questions though.

1. I'm assuming there is no login screen or information screen yet? This is because when I start up I just get a black screen and also the same the same thing happens when I try to bring up the info screen.

2. This definitely works way better on xbox then the original Alaska but I still run into memory problems in the video library when trying to play a video file using the DVD player. Has this been optimized in every way possible for the xbox.

3. I always come back to this question for us xbox users but can we get game saves option in the apps section

Cheers for this amazing skin Wink

- Soul - 2010-05-16

Hitcher Wrote:- Is there a way to hide certain media flags? I'd love to get rid of the question marks, like I could in the standard version.

If you play the media that doesn't have certain flags then XBMC should extract the data for you as long as you've enabled it of course. ISO file data can only be extracted this way for instance.

Thanks Hitcher!

How can XBMC extract info that doesn't exist, like say studio? I think in normal Alaska I have turned off the display of some flags, but this version doesn't have those options which is cool. I'm sure I've seen some options to not display anything for a flag if the data isn't there (thus not showing ??s). However I guess that option must have been a skin setting. Maybe something to consider adding?

The Home Style 2 thing did indeed sort itself out. Might have been that localisation thing.

I'll have a look at the banner/landscape thing. I assumed that given I've told XBMC to use banners that banner mode in this would just work. I take it having the extra files won't break banner mode in other skins?

Cheers again!

Justin

- kryptonyte - 2010-05-17

Hitcher Wrote:You've probably started XBMC with Alaska and then changed skin to Alaska Revisted which meant that you still had the Alaska language file in memory - restarting XBMC will sort this out.

Ok, that makes perfect sense then. I'm working on some modifications to Alaska-Revisited and realized with the way localization is handled this issue can come up now and again.

Another question, are you still developing/working on Revisited? I know there isn't any official support, but there are still a few things completely missing (On-Screen Keyboard, System-Info and the Video Calibration). Are you working on new versions for these or do you not use them enough to create them. If the latter then I will go ahead and work on them, but if you are planning new versions then I will hold off.

- Hitcher - 2010-05-17

I'd say go ahead for now because I'm taking a very laid back approach this time around and simply doing things when I'm in the mod to be honest.