Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2011-03-17

Actually it should be fine as it is to use with v2.7.6 so just the night.xbt and colour file can be dropped in the skin.

- Hitcher - 2011-03-17

Sinnocence Wrote:Bleeding edge huh? Laugh Thanks Hitcher, upgrading now.

[EDIT] Upgrading to the build from the 17th did the trick [/EDIT]

After taking the March 17th build I noticed a couple of things with the 'files' view. I guess they're related to the files/library change more than the skin itself but since I'm not sure if it's intentional/expected or not I figured I'd list them here just in case:

1. Sorting descending by date - ordering impacted. Where you have nested folders they seem to be sorted independantly before all other dates, for example:
\Videos\<folder1> (timestamp: 01/01/2009 00:00)
\Videos\<folder2>\<subfolder1> (timestamp:01/01/2010 00:00)
\Videos\<folder3> (timestamp: 17/03/2011 00:00)
\Videos\<folder4> (timestamp: 16/03/2011 00:00)
\Videos\<folder5> (timestamp: 15/03/2011 00:00)

2. Viewtype files/similar displays the library title, and not the actual folder name (apparently). Not necessarily a bad thing, just confusing if the scraper matches the wrong thing. Not necessarily a problem, just a change from how things used to work.

3. Previously show/hide watched entries applied only to the library. Now it applies to files also. Not necessarily a problem, just a change from how things used to work.

4. Individual files in files view only show their 'title' now, rather than the filename + date, etc.

5. Definitely not a skin-issue but you might want to flag with JM/other, but 'files' view now only displays entries if the file has been scraped. Between library updates new files aren't shown apparently.

I suggest posting these findings in this thread -

Removal of Files views - need skinner comments

- liquidskin76 - 2011-03-17

otcho Wrote:Is it possible to grab the Night Theme separately ? I'm not able to use the nightly builds (Live-User), but i'd like to try the Night Theme for AR.

Here you go... http://www.mediafire.com/?rbzzc6dibo8qj27

There might be some incorrect bits on the Fanart and Lovefilm view types, that were fixed in Revisited 2.8.9, however everything else should work fine.

Cheers

- Mikesch - 2011-03-17

Umm, what am I doing wrong? Installed the latest nightly (17-03), installed the repo per zip file but when I look for the skin it's marked as broken and when I select it XBMC tells me it has been marked as broken in the repository and "dependencies not met". Any suggestions?

- liquidskin76 - 2011-03-17

Yep, i get the same. Just tried downloading, however add-on marked as broken.

- Sinnocence - 2011-03-17

Hitcher Wrote:I suggest posting these findings in this thread -

Removal of Files views - need skinner comments

Done, thanks.

- WheresWaldo - 2011-03-17

Mikesch Wrote:Umm, what am I doing wrong? Installed the latest nightly (17-03), installed the repo per zip file but when I look for the skin it's marked as broken and when I select it XBMC tells me it has been marked as broken in the repository and "dependencies not met". Any suggestions?

liquidskin76 Wrote:Yep, i get the same. Just tried downloading, however add-on marked as broken.

sum1 broked it!

I apt-get updated then upgraded, which installed the Mar 17 pre11 Eden, rebooted box. was at 2.8.9 get same broken message as well as dependencies not met message trying to apply the 2.9.0 update.

- krish_2k4 - 2011-03-17

hmmm i just installed 2.9.0 from the repo and it worked. and i have the recent nightly build.

- WheresWaldo - 2011-03-17

krish_2k4 Wrote:hmmm i just installed 2.9.0 from the repo and it worked. and i have the recent nightly build.

I bet your system is an upgrade from Dharma, isn't it.
Mine is straight pre11 Eden, I did a complete wipe and install of Maverick Meerkat then only installed the nightly build, none of my boxes have ever seen Dharma or any other release of XBMC. Still getting the dependency message.

After more testing, I believe the changes made between nighly Mar07 and Mar17 broke complete functionality in the library, even Confluence no longer works. I am going to report it after I get pastebin to accept my crash log.

- WheresWaldo - 2011-03-18

Figured out the dependencies, seems a clean install of Eden 17-March does not contain the following scripts:

script.favourites
script.logo-downloader
script.randomitems
script.recentlyadded

so I looked for them in a working version of xbmc and the versions installed were as follows:

script.favourites-1.0.6
script.logo-downloader-2.3.0
script.randomitems-1.0.2
script.recentlyadded_post_Dharma

The random items script does not meet the minimum requirements according to addon.xml that is in the skin.alaska.revisited-2.9.0.zip. I edited the file to only look for version 1.0.0 of recently added and it would install, by default it is looking for version 1.0.8. I believe everyone who is getting the "dependency not met" message has the same problem, the script.randomitems is not the correct version.

I searched the entire board and could only find script.randomitems-1.0.2.zip, there is a link to a newer version but the linked page does not exist.

Since I don't use random items I hide that particular menu option, so I don't know if this older version actually works or not, and simply don't care if it doesn't. At least now I can upgrade to 2.9.0 without getting the error message.

More testing and I have come to the conclusion that the devs have borked the addons section of the linux code. My standalone Windows XBMC did download the new dependencies and 2.9.0 loads fine. In Linux it sucks and does not load any of the dependencies so you get the error instead. It used to do this, but they fixed something and now it doesn't. The windows version downloaded script.randomitems-1.0.10 with the rest of the skin.

- Hitcher - 2011-03-18

Thanks for finding that error (it must have been a typo some time ago) I've changed the addon.xml to reflect the correct script version.

- sialivi - 2011-03-18

[Request]
I really would like a way to access New Movies/Music/Episodes when using the "Icon Home Layout"

[Minor Navigation Bug]
1) Go to Home Screen
2) Press 's' to bring up menu
3) Press 'esc' or 'backspace' to return to Home Screen
4) Press 'enter'
5) Result: The 'enter' command didn't work as expected
6) Press 'enter' again
7) Result: Now worked as expected

[Minor Navigation Bug]
1) Go to "TV Shows" or "Movies"
2) Press 'i'
3) Press 'Up' to highlight the actor list
4) Press 'backspace'
5) Press 'i' or some navigation key
6) Result: The keypress didn't have the expected result
7) Repeat step 5
8) Result: Now worked as expected

- Cashtro - 2011-03-18

Dear Hitcher

When i click Videos in my menu my screen goes black. This is when it updated to 2.90

I hope i hear from u soon

- Sinnocence - 2011-03-18

Cashtro Wrote:Dear Hitcher

When i click Videos in my menu my screen goes black. This is when it updated to 2.90

I hope i hear from u soon

Cashtro - you need to update to the March 17th XBMC nightly build or later.

- Cashtro - 2011-03-18

Sinnocence Wrote:Cashtro - you need to update to the March 17th XBMC nightly build or later.

Thanks for ur fast reply

Could u please tell me how? Because i uninstalled and reinstall still the same version and error

Thanks