Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- daan - 2010-05-21

anyone a little more skin-savy than me working on adding a panel view? Smile

- mudstuff - 2010-06-09

Don't know if this has been mentioned but one thing I've noticed is that the media flag info is at the bottom of the screen on movie sets. On the previous version of Alaska, this was blank and then when you entered the set, you got the flags for each film. Here, the studio flags etc display with a question mark - is it possible to change this?

Also, apologies if this is a noob question but has the new horizontal and vertical menus been added as I can't see any options to tweak in the settings menu to change the default style...

Thanks for all your hard work on this Hitcher (and contributors). I thought Alaska looked great but you've made it look even better. I look forward to more development and hopefully some new view types and themes.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-09

I've never used Movie Sets myself so I'll have to look into making them first before I can test this (or someone could tell me here how sets work).

No the new views aren't in the public version yet but rest assured it shouldn't be too long before the next update, although you'll need an up-to-date XBMC as I've got the Add-Ons are up and running.

- mudstuff - 2010-06-09

Thanks, I intended to install the new nightly later and fully check this out (currently using 28256 and revisited is working ok it seems, not dabbled with the more advanced options).

For Movie sets, there's info here though EMM has a sets manager now so you can do it through the UI in that and it adds the tag to the .nfo - <xml> <sorttitle>Die Hard 1</sorttitle> <set>Die Hard Collection</set> </xml> for example from the wiki. The name of the set shows up in your movie list and then the films inside, which can then be sorted to your preference - name/year and view type. I found this useful for the Fast and Furious movies as "2 Fast.." is separated from the others (possibly a good thing lol).

As default, the set uses the first film's (by name) poster and fanart but you can change the poster via the context menu. I'm not sure if fanart can be changed for the set though.

One further question, think I know the answer - the themes and different colour options in the colors thread, will they work with revisited or have things changed slightly? I'm also curious about some of the custom views peope have made. Guess there's one way to find out...

- Hitcher - 2010-06-09

Thanks, I've fixed the problem now.

If you want to do it yourself simply open Includes_MediaFlags.xml and change -

<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>

to

<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title) + !ListItem.IsFolder</visible>

- mudstuff - 2010-06-10

Thanks Hitcher.

- DV3B - 2010-06-11

Hey Hitcher,

I'm trying to check out Alaska Revisited from source but I keep getting this error
Code:
svn: REPORT of '/svn/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK (http://alaska-revisited.googlecode.com)

Whats happening is its checking out a lot of stuff from the media folder but thats it. If I run SVN update it just creates a new check out directory with the same error.

Any Ideas?

- mudstuff - 2010-06-11

Is it possible to get this working in the new nightly builds?

I've downloaded the 7 June nightly build and DXVA2 support means that all my 1:1 bluray mkv rips play perfectly whereas they were breaking up before. The default skin is Confluence as usual though and I'd really like to get Alaska Revisited working in it though understand they've changed how skins are added - it's in the skins folder but not being picked up. I notice Confluence is in the addons folder along with an addons XML so guess this needs one too?

I copied and pasted the confluence one to the Alaska folder I created in the addons folder and got it working but I think it might have disabled DXVA2 as everything was jerky again - or I might not have done it right.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm in a bit of a dilemma - go back to an older build and have alaska or have my videos play perfectly but be stuck with confluence...

Apologies if this isn't the right place.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-11

Still not complete but here's the latest version I have that works with the Add-Ons.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ojradoiwgyf

Extract it to your user/XBMC/addons folder.

- nicke3k - 2010-06-11

Hitcher Wrote:Still not complete but here's the latest version I have that works with the Add-Ons.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ojradoiwgyf

Extract it to your user/addons folder.

Working perfectly!

Two suggestions for improvement

1. The possibility to hide "Scripts" from the home screen too
2. The possibility to chose what mediaflags to show for TV shows and Movies (i.e. I would like to show only 480p/720p/1080p, all other information about sound, text and so forth does not interest me)

Thanks for an awesome skin!

- Stranger - 2010-06-12

I'm messing around with the filters for personal tweaks... which xml's, and lines do I need to edit to change the fade/transparency of the main filter if not all?. I'm basically trying to make the filters less transparent. An exact answer or a guide in the right direction would be more than appreciated.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-12

Dont quote me but I think the main background is in Includes.xml and labeled Background_Filter or atleast I think it is for main Alaska not 100% fimilar with the revisited version...

- Stranger - 2010-06-12

mcborzu Wrote:Dont quote me but I think the main background is in Includes.xml and labeled Background_Filter or atleast I think it is for main Alaska not 100% fimilar with the revisited version...

I assume your talking about this?

<
Code:
include name="Global_Background">
        <control type="image">
            <include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
            <texture>filters/filter.png</texture>
        </control>
    </include>

<include name="Global_Filter">
        <control type="image">
            <include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
            <texture>filters/filter.png</texture>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="400" condition="Window.IsActive(Home) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeBackgrounds)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="400" condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + !Window.Next(Home)">Conditional</animation>            
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="72" time="400" condition="[Window.IsActive(2) | Window.IsActive(450)] + [substring(listitem.filenameandpath,jpg) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,bmp) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,png) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,tif) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,ico) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,pcx) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,tga)]] + !Window.Next(Home)">Conditional</animation>                
        </control>
    </include>

- mcborzu - 2010-06-12

Yea those were my guess...

What I'd do is delete those code blocks, refresh the skin, and if the image is gone you know you're in the right place, if still there then gotta look elsewhere

- Stranger - 2010-06-12

mcborzu Wrote:Yea those were my guess...

What I'd do is delete those code blocks, refresh the skin, and if the image is gone you know you're in the right place, if still there then gotta look elsewhere

Thank you for your help!

Quote: <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="96" time="400" condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + !Window.Next(Home)">Conditional</animation>

This line did exactly what I needed for the fanart by changing the 'end=' amount.

...But on the home screen and throughout, the filter I've added is alot lighter than it actually is... could this still be a transparency issue or is the filter being enlarged/focused off the screen... any ideas?
I thought maybe another filter is being used on top but i deleted them all and nothing happened