Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- PantsOnFire - 2010-06-17

Using DSPlayer build 30385 -DX, I've extracted the rar into 'addons' folder

so... c:\program files\xbmc 30385 -DX\addons\Alaska Revisited

that's all that's needed? It won't show up for me in xbmc.
(I'm having this problem for each and every new skin I download -I'm not sure why?).

* The svn also confused me, it downloaded about 25mb and then said the connection had closed? I checked the folder and it's full of png files mostly Not like the usual stuff (media, PAL etc.)

- mcborzu - 2010-06-17

Change the name to skin.alaska

This is Confluence's addon.xml, there is more to it but these bolded lines is what you need to change:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
id="skin.confluence"
version="1.1.0"
name="Confluence"
provider-name="Jezz_X, Team XBMC">

Change to:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
id="skin.alaska"
version="1.1.0"
name="alaska"
provider-name="Jezz_X, Team XBMC">

then put that addon.xml in the top of the skin folder and you're good to go...If you did this with XBMC running you might have to close and restart

- Hitcher - 2010-06-17

Don't use the Git link (it's not been updated for ages) instead use the MediaFire link at the bottom of the first post.

- PantsOnFire - 2010-06-17

thanks mcborzu, hitcher. I see what I did wrong now (after reading your advice).

I'd already tried renaming the folder, but I'd tried "skin.AlaskaRevisited" (just in hope really). Thanks for the quick help regarding the addon.xml also.

- mudstuff - 2010-06-17

Hitcher/anyone - would you be able to advise how to change the default for TV from poster to banner? I prefer banner as standard and assume that if I set poster as standard to be scraped here and add the others as directed, if I switch to another skin, banner will be distorted as it'll use the poster?

- Hitcher - 2010-06-17

It's set in the scraper options.

Thank you - ShinyHD - 2010-06-18

I have been using XBMC on and off since the Xbox days. I just wanted to say this skin is uber-slick. I love the mantra of simplicity and the icon selection is very nice.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Nod

- mudstuff - 2010-06-18

Hitcher Wrote:It's set in the scraper options.
So if I changed it from poster to banner, would it work if I put poster.jpg in the tv series' directory?

- Hitcher - 2010-06-18

No.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-20

Just added an optimised Textures.xpr for use on the Xbox (and lower powered systems) and would appreciate it if you guys could give it a good test. Simply change the Theme to 'Xbox Textures'.

Thanks.

- mudstuff - 2010-06-21

Hitcher Wrote:No.
OK, that's what I wondered. It'd be cool if all skins also looked in the video folder for associated banner, landscape, poster and fanart .jpg as default. Banner was my standard view so they're all blank now. Is it possible to change it from poster being default to banner and if so how? A change in the xml will be easier than changing all the images.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-21

Viewtype_Banner.xml

Change all

$INFO[ListItem.Path,,/banner.jpg]

to

$INFO[ListItem.Icon]

Viewtype_Poster.xml

Change all

$INFO[ListItem.Icon]

where you also see

<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>

to

$INFO[ListItem.Path,,/poster.jpg]

- furii - 2010-06-22

quick question about studios. when v2 of tmdb went live so did the ability to have multiple studios for a release. since the skin (i believe) looks for a .png file that matches what is in the studio cell in the video database many movies come up unknown for the studio. for instance "20th Century Fox / Bazmark Films" for batman begins. is it possible to have the skin truncate the name at the slash? so instead of looking for "20th Century Fox / Bazmark Films.png" it would just look for "20th Century Fox"

personally i've just been editing the Includes_MediaFlags.xml to remove the studio altogether, but i think having them is a nice touch and would like it to work if possible.

- furii - 2010-06-22

also, i'm sure you're aware the progress arrow is mia, but on the off chance you aren't:

- mudstuff - 2010-06-22

Hitcher Wrote:Viewtype_Banner.xml

Change all

$INFO[ListItem.Path,,/banner.jpg]

to

$INFO[ListItem.Icon]

Viewtype_Poster.xml

Change all

$INFO[ListItem.Icon]

where you also see

<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>

to

$INFO[ListItem.Path,,/poster.jpg]
Thanks, though not quite sure I follow the poster part where you refer to
Quote:<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>
, what do I need to do to that?

I take it this is changing the default from poster to banner and means I can change the scraper to prefer banner over poster or am I misunderstanding?

I'd just like it so that if I switch to another skin, i still have banners, not posters squashed in the banner area which is what would currently happen. I also currently have banners set in xbmc so it would be great if these were picked up as is and no changes were needed for Revisited as the current way is different to other skins and I tend to switch between a couple.