Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (not 100% Eden compatible) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Alaska (/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (not 100% Eden compatible) (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- efty.edge - 2010-07-07 23:11

Hello Hitcher,

here is my German translation for the latest Alaska revisited SVN. I translated all the german strings from your english Version. After this i made a few test to proof the everything works fine, especially the poster in the Information screen.

Maybe you can put it into your svn!? Rolleyes

German Translation for Alaska Revisited (Dharma)

Efty

- pinn - 2010-07-07 23:34

mudstuff Wrote:+1

Mediafire link isn't there and Alaska Revisited isn't showing under Addons inside XBMC. I'll see if the SVN way works that was in an earlier post.

EDIT: This still works - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=559983&postcount=281

Thanks, uploaded it again here, hope that's OK. http://www.mediafire.com/?ykzndmjkjmm

All seems fine with latest unofficial nightly except for the TV views. Banners not appearing or box art is not at correct ratio.

Any ideas why?

Ta

- theuni - 2010-07-08 00:22

Hitcher Wrote:Yeah you'll have to hold fire while I sort out the download links as the team aren't adding 3rd party repos just yet.

Just want to be sure you're clear on this. We're not going to be adding 3rd party repos in the near future, but we're happy to add any completed skins.

TheUni

- Hitcher - 2010-07-08 07:38

efty.edge Wrote:Hello Hitcher,

here is my German translation for the latest Alaska revisited SVN. I translated all the german strings from your english Version. After this i made a few test to proof the everything works fine, especially the poster in the Information screen.

Maybe you can put it into your svn!? Rolleyes

German Translation for Alaska Revisited (Dharma)

Efty
Opps, I went through the string.xml the other day and removed any entries that weren't used and added some that I'd missed so if you want to have another and post the revised noe I'd gladly add it. Thanks.
pinn Wrote:Thanks, uploaded it again here, hope that's OK. http://www.mediafire.com/?ykzndmjkjmm

All seems fine with latest unofficial nightly except for the TV views. Banners not appearing or box art is not at correct ratio.

Any ideas why?

Ta
Read the first post.
theuni Wrote:Just want to be sure you're clear on this. We're not going to be adding 3rd party repos in the near future, but we're happy to add any completed skins.

TheUni
Even ones that don't meet the guidelines?

[BUG REPORT] ON RIGHT is broken in certain menus - kin0kin - 2010-07-08 09:30

Good job, Hitcher. I absolutely love the super-tidy codes, excellent coding practice! Nod

[BUG REPORT] ON RIGHT is broken in certain menus

Here's a bug that I found:

From the default home screen, go to Music/Files/FileBrowser (by pressing down)

Highlight MUSIC ADD-ONS

Hit right. OnRight here is broken, brings you to a different menu. Clicking down here skips Music and goes directly to Add Source. Might wanna recheck the ID there.

I'll see if I can find anymore bugs. Hopefully you could perfect the skin shortly.

Color Customization
For those who migrated from the original Alaska and were wondering how the heck to change the color for the background, here's what you need to do:

The background is controlled by four files in:
media/filters

home_vignette = Only applies in home/settings.
*creates a vignetting around the borders. Center focus is the selected icon

list_vignette = Only shows up in list view
*i.e. when you select a file/source
*i.e. when you select a music track/movie/tv series

musicwall_vignette = Only shows up in Music - Wall view
*Shows focus on selected album. Vignettes the rest.
*I personally prefer to just completely remove this so that I could get a better view of the complete wall.

If you decide to remote musicwall_vignette, you probably will also want to remove media/wall/musicwallmatte which is the overlay for unfocused albums

filter.png = Pretty much the background that you see throughout the whole skin

Code:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p\FileBrowser.xml (1 hits)
    Line 85:             <texture>filters/list_vignette.png</texture>
  C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p\Settings.xml (1 hits)
    Line 108:                 <texture>filters/home_vignette.png</texture>
  C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p\Viewtype_Files.xml (1 hits)
    Line 144:             <texture>filters/list_vignette.png</texture>
  C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p\Viewtype_List.xml (1 hits)
    Line 198:             <texture>filters/list_vignette.png</texture>
  C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p\Viewtype_MusicWall.xml (1 hits)
    Line 189:             <texture diffuse="filters/musicwall_vignette.png">filters/filter.png</texture>
  C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p\FileBrowser.xml (2 hits)
    Line 19:             <texture>filters/filter.png</texture>
    Line 117:             <texture>filters/filter.png</texture>
  C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p\Includes.xml (3 hits)
    Line 32:             <texture>filters/filter.png</texture>
    Line 39:             <texture>filters/filter.png</texture>
    Line 49:             <texture>filters/filter.png</texture>
  C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p\Viewtype_MusicWall.xml (1 hits)
    Line 189:             <texture diffuse="filters/musicwall_vignette.png">filters/filter.png</texture>

- mudstuff - 2010-07-08 10:57

pinn Wrote:Thanks, uploaded it again here, hope that's OK. http://www.mediafire.com/?ykzndmjkjmm

Any ideas why?

Ta
As Hitcher says, read first post - banners need to be saved to the tv show directory and named banner.jpg. Scraped my TV collection last night with EMM, took ages but nearly there now. I put banner.jpg and landscape.jpg in the tv show folder but use EMM for the fanart and poster. Fanart is showing up but the posters aren't.

Can anyone tell me what the default poster name and extension should be for XBMC??

for some reason I foolishly thought I had seen "poster.jpg" in the first post and named all my posters accordingly in EMM and don't remeber which was the default. I thought I'd tried them all but when checking a different option and rescanning in XBMC, the poster still doesn't turn up. Must have missed one or not rescanned properly.

Which is it? folder.jpg/poster.tbn/poster.jpg/tvshow.tbn etc?!?

EDIT: Inclined to think it's folder.jpg - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59281
Must not have tried that, will see what happens later. Otherwise, everything is looking great, love the TV landscape view and it switches between the different views nice and quick and smoothly (resized the landscape images as suggested).

- efty.edge - 2010-07-08 14:30

Hi Hitcher,

here are the last German Translation Strings including your Cleanup and Additions. Again i've tested it to prevent the Cover Bug in the Info Screen.

Cleaned and tested German Translation

Make me proud. Rolleyes

Efty

- Hitcher - 2010-07-08 15:41

kin0kin Wrote:Good job, Hitcher. I absolutely love the super-tidy codes, excellent coding practice! Nod

[BUG REPORT] ON RIGHT is broken in certain menus

Here's a bug that I found:

From the default home screen, go to Music/Files/FileBrowser (by pressing down)

Highlight MUSIC ADD-ONS

Hit right. OnRight here is broken, brings you to a different menu. Clicking down here skips Music and goes directly to Add Source. Might wanna recheck the ID there.

I'll see if I can find anymore bugs. Hopefully you could perfect the skin shortly.
It's actually the scrollbar that remains hidden because I used <showonepage>false</showonepage> but unfortunately it doesn't stop it from getting focus.

- theuni - 2010-07-08 17:33

theuni Wrote:Just want to be sure you're clear on this. We're not going to be adding 3rd party repos in the near future, but we're happy to add any completed skins.

TheUni

I see now. But i meant any skins that may be completed, not necessarily this one.

TheUni

- quebert - 2010-07-09 06:23

I really like this skin, I've never used the original Alaska so I don't know anything about it. The menus are slick, but I'm still adjusting to how different it feels to use it over Aeon65. My 1 question is this - there's no recently added mod? I read over all 36 pages of his thread and it's not mentioned. So either it's not a part of the skin or I'm the only one who can't find where to activate it Big Grin

- Hitcher - 2010-07-09 07:30

Press Up on Music, Movies and TV Shows on the default Home layout.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-09 16:27

efty.edge Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

here are the last German Translation Strings including your Cleanup and Additions. Again i've tested it to prevent the Cover Bug in the Info Screen.

Cleaned and tested German Translation

Make me proud. Rolleyes

Efty

Added, thanks.

Also, the repo is up and running for instructions see the first post.

- snowdude - 2010-07-09 17:39

Cool. The repo works like a charm... :-)

There seem to be two minor issues with the 1.0.3 version though:
- XBMC build information is not shown within the system info
- Add-Ons on the home screen has no default picture (one has to be set in settings)

Thanks again for the great work!

- furii - 2010-07-09 18:30

so with the new addon system, any idea if it automatically checks for updates or do you have to manually go check? if it's automatic, how frequently does it check?

secondly, a slight bug. running r31676 and v1.0.3 of revisited the art for add-ons is missing from the home screen

[Image: screenshot025.png]

this is on linux so perhaps it's a case sensitivity issue.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-09 18:31

It's been reported and fixed but I'm having trouble with the TexturePacker at the moment.