Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- furii - 2010-07-09

ah, ok. i thought i remembered it being reported/fixed but when switched from svn to the repo and it wasn't figured i'd chime in.

- Elbert - 2010-07-09

Hi guys,

Running xbmc SVN:31676 (build Jul 9) on my appleTV under ubuntu 9.10. XBMC + confluence is running great. Just installed the latest version of Alaska revisited but I have some performance issues. Browsing through the menu's seems very sluggish and even the RSS-ticker seems to stutter. I have to note that the original Alaska never had these issues (on the same hardware) and was always running very smooth.

Is there anyone who can tell me how Alaska revisited runs on their appleTV? It might be just something in my configuration; in that case I'll consider a clean install of the OS.

xbmc.log

- Livin - 2010-07-10

Hitcher Wrote:How to install

- Download xbmc.repo.hitchers.rar
- Extract to your users addons folder
- In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Hitcher's Repository > Skin > Alaska Revisited
- Select 'Install'

I've tried this... it does not work. I placed the XML file in both add-ons folders and "Hitcher's Repository" never shows. Can you be specific on exactly where to place the XML?

thx

music wall view - k1282 - 2010-07-10

hi,
just discovered this skin and i am currently enjoying the simplistic and snappy design. i am happy with the skin bt somehow the wall view of my music is brken:
i can see my music albums in wall view but the whole view has white semi-transparent bars layed ove the view. it's strange. anyone else has the same experiences?
also, when going into movie details, my movies all seem to have 1-3 minutes runtime. i remember that it was not like hat befre when using an earlier alaska version.
i am currently using the latest xbmc nightly build

maybe someone can help?

- k1282 - 2010-07-10

Livin Wrote:I've tried this... it does not work. The RAR only has an XML file in it and XBMC does not even display it. It seems like XBMC is looking for a ZIP since it says 'Install from ZIP'.

Can you post a complete package?

you have to extract the rar file directly into your addon folder in your user folder. the user folder is located under appdata/roaming/xbmc/

- Livin - 2010-07-10

k1282 Wrote:you have to extract the rar file directly into your addon folder in your user folder. the user folder is located under appdata/roaming/xbmc/

I have it in portable mode... that folder does not exist

I have 2 'addon' folders...

\Users\%username%\Documents\XBMC\addons\
\Users\%username%\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons

I have tried putting the XML in both locations.

- tuckbodi - 2010-07-10

It was odd but Alaska Revistied did not show up in my Get Addons right away. I actually installed another skin (Backrow) and when I was backing out after installing that one, Alaska Revisted was all of a sudden there! YMMV

- furii - 2010-07-10

Livin Wrote:I have it in portable mode... that folder does not exist

I have 2 'addon' folders...

\Users\%username%\Documents\XBMC\addons\
\Users\%username%\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons

I have tried putting the XML in both locations.

are you keeping the folder structure intact when you extract? the end result should be /addons/xbmc.repo.hitchers/addon.xml

- Hitcher - 2010-07-10

Livin Wrote:I've tried this... it does not work. I placed the XML file in both add-ons folders and "Hitcher's Repository" never shows. Can you be specific on exactly where to place the XML?

thx
You need the folder (skin.repo.hitchers) as well as the XML file.
k1282 Wrote:hi,
just discovered this skin and i am currently enjoying the simplistic and snappy design. i am happy with the skin bt somehow the wall view of my music is brken:
i can see my music albums in wall view but the whole view has white semi-transparent bars layed ove the view. it's strange. anyone else has the same experiences?
also, when going into movie details, my movies all seem to have 1-3 minutes runtime. i remember that it was not like hat befre when using an earlier alaska version.
i am currently using the latest xbmc nightly build

maybe someone can help?
Sounds like the compressed textures problem some of us have been having (myself included) so you'll need to add <restrictcapsmask>4</restrictcapsmask> to your advancedsettings.xml

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-10

Hitcher Wrote:You need the folder (skin.repo.hitchers) as well as the XML file.
Hitcher - having trouble getting the skin to donwload - following instructions on page 1 - system just hangs when attempting download - I have linked to a debug report during the downloading process.

http://pastebin.com/SkRf6VUb

Secondly If as you indicate in the quoted post above that a further folder is required you might want to add that to the instructions on page one - for those less knowledgeable (ie me!!!)
Hitcher Wrote:How to install

- Download xbmc.repo.hitchers.rar
- Extract the folder and file to your users addons folder (/addons/xbmc.repo.hitchers/addon.xml)
- In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Hitcher's Repository > Skin > Alaska Revisited
- Select 'Install'
- there is no mention of any additional folder requirement.

Thanks

- Hitcher - 2010-07-10

I was updating it earlier so you might want to try again. Also you might want to 'Force Refresh' on the repository first.

The folder (xbmc.repo.hitchers) and XML (addon.xml) are already in the RAR and simply need extracting to addons.

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-10

Sorry mate still no joy - attempted a fresh download and unrar - but hangs on Download (when attempting to enable in xbmc addons) - As a test tried with Back Row and PM3 and both downloaded and enabled without any issue?

Anyone else encountering this problem.

- efty.edge - 2010-07-10

@steelman1991

Hi,

sorry but for me everything works fine ...

But i think you have to wait a while. The other skins are about 50 MBytes, but alaska i resume is wide over 100. For me it takes about 20 Minutes to update.

Efty

- Hitcher - 2010-07-10

Yes, there's no background downloading of Add-ons it seems because if you navigate away it'll simply cancel it. It's a shame there's no progress dialog to show the progress.

- efty.edge - 2010-07-10

Hi Hitcher,

thanx for adding my translation to the skin!

I show the current weather conditions on the Home Menu. The icon is labled 'TODAY 26 C°'. But today is wrong. The max. Temperature today is 36 C°. So i want to rename the lable over the strings.xml but there is no entry for tranlation. Can you please add one!? I want to name it 'CURRENT TEMP.' Nod

Thanx for that.

And at last i have a design question. When i started a movie or something else in the Pre Dharma alaska version, a red rotating dot circle appears. Now it's replaced with a pulsating '!'. Shocked

Don't be angry about me but i want the dots back, because there looks much more stylish and have not the taste of 'Ive made something wrong' like the '!' has.

Only my thoughts ... Blush

Efty