Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- AaronD - 2010-07-15

Hitcher, that works very well, great to see.

Lately, as my family have been getting more into using XBMC, I am increasingly conscious that the "submenus" e.g. in the Info screen, don't work very well IMHO. Unless you're a bit of an XBMC fanboy, who can tell that they're there? And how many of you have been in the submenu and press exit on the remote to get out (wrong!) which ends up taking you right out to the poster view again? And worse still, when you select the movie info again, you're still in the "submenu"!

Serious usability issues for the average joe schmo I think Smile

There's plenty of screen real estate - why not some nice looking horizontally laid out menus near the bottom for the obvious ones like "Play trailer", to supplement the default select which starts the movie. And how about some subtle kind of visual cue to show that an arrow key, and which direction to use, will take you into a "submenu".

Just a few ideas to improve an already great skin. I really appreciate your dedication to this Hitcher.

- Stranger - 2010-07-15

Show Information as Default Select action, when will this be available in your svn?

... on another note, Looks like 360's going alaska

- meridius - 2010-07-15

Hitcher Wrote:Trailers can be be played (if they're available) from the submenu anyway.

true but i would love to see this feature added as no other skin has this option and not only that it would make it kidz and wife proof, lol as in the submenu you have other options that could be accessed like the changing of thumbs which the wife & kidz could access by mistake.

a simple play movie or play trailers in your new info would be great for that reason as i would not want the kidz & wife to access the info by the i button it just makes it more simple for the none expert more user friendly famiy

but would be nice to have a option after reading the film info to see a trailer or just play the movie but thats just my input hope you add it.

cheers

- Malard - 2010-07-15

Hitcher Wrote:Show Information as Default Select action test

This is without having to press 'i' to bring up the info screen; it's simply all done with 'select'.

This feature doesnt seem to be in the latest version, checked out your SVN, cant find any reference to the option shown in the video.

When do you plan to release this?

Thanks

- Hitcher - 2010-07-15

DR. Stranger Wrote:Show Information as Default Select action, when will this be available in your svn?

Malard Wrote:This feature doesnt seem to be in the latest version, checked out your SVN, cant find any reference to the option shown in the video.

When do you plan to release this?

Thanks

It's in my last release but you'll need an up-to-date SVN build of XBMC (r31827) to get it working.

- Malard - 2010-07-16

Hitcher,

Thanks for that! Seems new features popping up in the core every few hours, i had the version from the 13th installed and thought that might be enough!

Feature works nice, I have a Gyration remote, which has the directional arrow pad and the back button, see this image:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2341/2228150997_12356e0c27_o.jpg

In the navigational controls block, the back arrow doesnt work, when you have the show info window open for a movie, i.e you cant press it to get back to the poster wrap section. It works in _most_ other places, if you can point me in the direction on how to fix this, I will do an audit through all the menus and submit a patch back that fixes it in all the places I can find.

Also, would love to bind the (i) button bottom right of control to also popup the info box, if you have Play set as the default option. Again not sure where to config this but would love to fix all the remote bindings.

Thanks for the skin

- Hitcher - 2010-07-16

Unfortunately that's not a skin or XBMC problem (i', 'BACKSPACE' and 'ESC' all close the info window) so I can't help you.

- tungmeister - 2010-07-16

how about adding the ability to add custom plugins for the TV and Movies submenus? On my setup i tend to have videos on the main menu disabled, ideally i'd like to add iplayer to the tv submenu and apple trailers to the movies submenu.

- quebert - 2010-07-16

Hitcher Wrote:Show Information as Default Select action test

This is without having to press 'i' to bring up the info screen; it's simply all done with 'select'.

Ok I'm stumped here, I have the latest Revisitied directly from GIT and the SVN you linked to. I set the default action to show the info, when I click on a movie the info comes up. But there's no play button icon over the cover and the movie doesn't start playing when I press select on my remote. Anyone have an idea why? I really like this info instead of play for the default. I tried on the TV shows too, same thing, info comes up but no play button and select doesn't start the video.

- Malard - 2010-07-16

quebert Wrote:Ok I'm stumped here, I have the latest Revisitied directly from GIT and the SVN you linked to. I set the default action to show the info, when I click on a movie the info comes up. But there's no play button icon over the cover and the movie doesn't start playing when I press select on my remote. Anyone have an idea why? I really like this info instead of play for the default. I tried on the TV shows too, same thing, info comes up but no play button and select doesn't start the video.

Check if you have Hide Play button enabled in the video section of the settings.

- Malard - 2010-07-16

Hitcher Wrote:Unfortunately that's not a skin or XBMC problem (i', 'BACKSPACE' and 'ESC' all close the info window) so I can't help you.

Any idea why the 'back' button works on some menu's but not others?

- quebert - 2010-07-16

Malard Wrote:Check if you have Hide Play button enabled in the video section of the settings.

Thanks, but I must be blind I don't see this, or anything similar. I went thru all the options in the settings trying to find it. If it's supposed to be in the video settings I'm either totally blind or my Revisited is b0rked. I guess I'll keep looking, now many settings menus in this skin so I don't see how I could be overlooking something.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-16

Settings > Alaska > Views > 'Hide Video Information screen 'Play' icon'

- quebert - 2010-07-16

Hitcher Wrote:Settings > Alaska > Views > 'Hide Video Information screen 'Play' icon'

I don't have that, I have these 3

hide media information
hide movie watched status
hide tv watched status

I clicked on all 3 just to see and no sub menu comes up for any. Maybe I need to start over with a fresh install of XBMC + Alaska Revisited I don't know though.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-16

tungmeister Wrote:how about adding the ability to add custom plugins for the TV and Movies submenus? On my setup i tend to have videos on the main menu disabled, ideally i'd like to add iplayer to the tv submenu and apple trailers to the movies submenu.

Done for next update -