Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- quebert - 2010-07-17

Malard Wrote:I had this issue also, i wonder if we need to add a ticket to trac?

Well Hitcher said to try adding the HD using the file manager, I will try that when I have a chance. But I don't think it's a wide spread bug because aside from you it seems to be working right for everyone else. Definitely something we should look into though. You said "had" did you end up fixing it?

- salival - 2010-07-17

Hitcher Wrote:Ah, didn't think of that. What I can do is remove them from the media folder to the skin folder so they don't get added to the texture.xbt and you can change them easily.

I duplicated the homeicons folder and renamed it (to home_icons), adjusted the Includes_homeicon.xml and everything is working fine again. Thanks.

- meridius - 2010-07-17

i want to try the new skin bild but i will need to download the latest xbmc daily builds
Q1 but when you run the exe what does it install does it replace your older stable version of xbmc or does it install into a new dir ? as i dont want to lose my old xbmc setup.

Q2 also does the new builds install anything on your computer other than the xbmc folder to make it run or does it just install a new xbmc folder as the other build installed other programs to make it work

cheers

- Hitcher - 2010-07-17

New install will overwrite the old install folder but wont overwrite your USERDATA folder so your old setup is safe.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-17

salival Wrote:I duplicated the homeicons folder and renamed it (to home_icons), adjusted the Includes_homeicon.xml and everything is working fine again. Thanks.

Updated now anyway -

Moved: All home icons to extras/ so users can replace with their own
Moved: All other image folders outside the media folder to extras/
Added: Custom buttons to Movies and TV Shows
Updated: Add-on Star rating0.png
Added: Video Information screen > Left to close
Updated: German language string.xml
Added: Default sounds

- meridius - 2010-07-17

Hitcher Wrote:New install will overwrite the old install folder but wont overwrite your USERDATA folder so your old setup is safe.

thanks

does all thumbs and info download into xbmxc folder ? so theres no other file sgetting downloaded on another part of a hd drive.

would it be safe to backup that folder first before install and if i do not like it i can delete the folder and just replace it with the older version would be safe to do ?

- Hitcher - 2010-07-17

meridius Wrote:thanks

does all thumbs and info download into xbmxc folder ? so theres no other file sgetting downloaded on another part of a hd drive.

would it be safe to backup that folder first before install and if i do not like it i can delete the folder and just replace it with the older version would be safe to do ?

If you're on Windows -

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_for_Windows_specific_FAQ#Where_is_user_specific_data_stored.3F

Quote:Where is user specific data stored?
All user-specific data is stored in in the XBMC home directory which, for a standard installation, is found in your windows users' application data directory, which may be found in one of two places.
1. Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\
2. Vista/Windows 7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
The UserData Folder, where your settings, thumbs and library files are stored is located in the UserData folder within this directory. Similarly, skins, plugins and scripts should be installed by the user into this directory.
XBMC will not alter this directory on an upgrade, so your data will remain safe between upgrades of XBMC.

- Ram2000 - 2010-07-17

meridius Wrote:thanks

You could do what I do and install to a different Dir that way I get to keep my working stable version and still get to play with the latest SVNs
you must remeber to add the -p to the shortcut though...

- Hitcher - 2010-07-17

Ram2000 Wrote:You could do what I do and install to a different Dir that way I get to keep my working stable version and still get to play with the latest SVNs

Be careful though because both version will use the same userdata folder and could run into trouble trying to use an older XBMC when it wants to access the database.

- Stranger - 2010-07-17

Its great being able to disable sub menu's, but are you planning on adding settings to disable main menu items??...

- Hitcher - 2010-07-17

DR. Stranger Wrote:Its great being able to disable sub menu's, but are you planning on adding settings to disable main menu items??...

I'm not, it's too complicated and adds loads of visibility conditions and includes.

- meridius - 2010-07-17

Hitcher Wrote:Be careful though because both version will use the same userdata folder and could run into trouble trying to use an older XBMC when it wants to access the database.

my userdata folder is in the xbmc folder would it be best to

backup the xbmc folder, then install the latest svn of xbmc and then install the new skin.

after i have played and say i do not want to use the latest svn build delete all the xbmc folder then replace it with the backup i did to get it back to the way it was.

i would not add any more music,movies or tv shows to teh libaray anyway when testing it out is this the best way to do this ?.

does the latest svn install anything other than a new xbmc folder or does it install other programs in other places of the pc hardrive ?

thanks.

oh alos what do you use to get all your info for tv shows as the default one does not seem to get the running times in the info.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-17

So you're running in portable mode then because it's normally in the users documents folder?

Everything is installed the XBMC folder.

- Malard - 2010-07-17

quebert Wrote:Well Hitcher said to try adding the HD using the file manager, I will try that when I have a chance. But I don't think it's a wide spread bug because aside from you it seems to be working right for everyone else. Definitely something we should look into though. You said "had" did you end up fixing it?

I did a similar fix, i burnt the zip file to cd and ran it off the disk to do the initial install

- quebert - 2010-07-17

Ok, again I'm either blind or something isn't set up right. 1.13 is out and mine's at 1.12. I have "auto update" enabled for add-ons, but it's not going to 1.13. And the update button's grayed out, so I can't even manually update it. What am I doing wrong here? Right now it looks like I'll have to uninstall Revisited and re-install it to get 1.13. Does the auto-update option not work yet?? I know I could uninstall and reinstall the skin to get 1.13 but that definitely can't be the right way to do it.

*EDIT* I uninstalled 1.12, restarted XBMC, re-installed and 1.12 still came up. I learned 2 days ago that SVN's don't give me the latest version, so how the hell do I get 1.13?