Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Elbert - 2010-07-17

Hitcher Wrote:Updated now anyway -

Added: Custom buttons to Movies and TV Shows

Thanks for this very useful addition, however I found a small bug. It seems that the custom buttons are not showing up if every other submenu is disabled. If I re-enable at least one of the default submenu's (like 'New Movies') the custom submenus do show up.

- meridius - 2010-07-17

Hitcher Wrote:So you're running in portable mode then because it's normally in the users documents folder?

Everything is installed the XBMC folder.

yes, i am i thought it best to keep everything in the xbmc dir as i did not want it all over the shop.

is this the best way ?

- meridius - 2010-07-17

oh also does your skin support order by date in the tv shows as i have some tv shows that have all the season from 1 to 6 and the specials at the end but in this mode there not in the right order as some specials are in between seasons.

i dont know if you have added this feature to this skin as the orig version does not let you select anything it just keeps it as name order.

eg 24 season 1 to 6 then a special then season 7 to 8 but as i view it now its season 1to 8 and special at the end.

is it possable to have a date order in tv shows like in movies ?

- Hitcher - 2010-07-17

quebert Wrote:Ok, again I'm either blind or something isn't set up right. 1.13 is out and mine's at 1.12. I have "auto update" enabled for add-ons, but it's not going to 1.13. And the update button's grayed out, so I can't even manually update it. What am I doing wrong here? Right now it looks like I'll have to uninstall Revisited and re-install it to get 1.13. Does the auto-update option not work yet?? I know I could uninstall and reinstall the skin to get 1.13 but that definitely can't be the right way to do it.

*EDIT* I uninstalled 1.12, restarted XBMC, re-installed and 1.12 still came up. I learned 2 days ago that SVN's don't give me the latest version, so how the hell do I get 1.13?
'Auto Update' checks every 6 hours if there's a newer version available and I can confirm it works as I have it on my HTPC. If you want to get it before it's been checked then simply 'Force Refresh' (context menu) on my Repo in the Add-ons settings.
Elbert Wrote:Thanks for this very useful addition, however I found a small bug. It seems that the custom buttons are not showing up if every other submenu is disabled. If I re-enable at least one of the default submenu's (like 'New Movies') the custom submenus do show up.
Thanks, it was working ok for videos just not Music, Movies and TV Shows - I forgot to update them.

Fixed for next update.
meridius Wrote:oh also does your skin support order by date in the tv shows as i have some tv shows that have all the season from 1 to 6 and the specials at the end but in this mode there not in the right order as some specials are in between seasons.

i dont know if you have added this feature to this skin as the orig version does not let you select anything it just keeps it as name order.

eg 24 season 1 to 6 then a special then season 7 to 8 but as i view it now its season 1to 8 and special at the end.

is it possable to have a date order in tv shows like in movies ?
That's nothing to do with the skin unfortunately, it's just XBMC.
meridius Wrote:yes, i am i thought it best to keep everything in the xbmc dir as i did not want it all over the shop.

is this the best way ?
Not really, the best way is to have it separate.

- Ram2000 - 2010-07-17

Hitcher Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by meridius
yes, i am i thought it best to keep everything in the xbmc dir as i did not want it all over the shop.

is this the best way ?

Not really, the best way is to have it separate.

Its more of a personel preferance i prefer to run -p and keep everything in the same folder also means i can copy
that folder onto one of my other media players (I have three) and it keeps all the settings.
it also lets me play with more then one svn install.

- gekados - 2010-07-17

swapped from alaska to revisited recently, cause it just looks so damn good. Missing one option though.. Would it be possible to hide main menu items like pictures, weather etc ? Using the default view, and I would like only music, movies and tvshows seen on main menu, for a clean nice look.

Cheers !

- Elbert - 2010-07-17

gekados Wrote:swapped from alaska to revisited recently, cause it just looks so damn good. Missing one option though.. Would it be possible to hide main menu items like pictures, weather etc ? Using the default view, and I would like only music, movies and tvshows seen on main menu, for a clean nice look.

Cheers !

answered 10 posts ago in this same thread Wink

- quebert - 2010-07-18

gekados Wrote:swapped from alaska to revisited recently, cause it just looks so damn good. Missing one option though.. Would it be possible to hide main menu items like pictures, weather etc ? Using the default view, and I would like only music, movies and tvshows seen on main menu, for a clean nice look.

Cheers !

Possible yes, but Hitcher won't be the one doing it. He said it would be a lot of work, but maybe somebody out there will make a mod for this. There are a few things lacking that will keep me from making this my main skin. If nobody makes mods (one you mentioned + CDart) I hope I can learn enough about skinning enough to make the mods myself.

- Stranger - 2010-07-18

quebert Wrote:Possible yes, but Hitcher won't be the one doing it. He said it would be a lot of work, but maybe somebody out there will make a mod for this. I hope I can learn enough about skinning enough to make the mods myself.

Eventually disabling main menu items is going to be important, as well as a kiosk mode of course

- mcborzu - 2010-07-18

DR. Stranger Wrote:I'm currently working on an aesthetic mod of revisited for a htpc build for my family. Eventually disabling main menu items is going to be important, as well as a kiosk mode of course.
My coding is on the floor but I'm learning and I would like to take this on in the next few moths, although hitcher made it sound like a tedious challenge...
... yet isn't this still a feature in the original Alaska?, so the code is out there...
... maybe people want to partner up on this? I do...
... there must be a quite few people who do not want or need weather/programs/pictures/videos in the main menu...
... would be cool to work with people with a range of coding experience

Easiest would be turning it into a fixed list rather than a hand-coded list...If you try to disable items in a hand coded list you have to deal with a bunch of conditionals and a bunch of animation positioning. In a regular list (fixed, wraplist, panel) XBMC does it for you.

Actually I think Hitcher might have been thinking about this cause as I type I remember him asking about multi-images in a List...

- quebert - 2010-07-18

DR. Stranger Wrote:I'm currently working on an aesthetic mod of revisited for a htpc build for my family. Eventually disabling main menu items is going to be important, as well as a kiosk mode of course.
My coding is on the floor but I'm learning and I would like to take this on in the next few moths, although hitcher made it sound like a tedious challenge...
... yet isn't this still a feature in the original Alaska?, so the code is out there...
... maybe people want to partner up on this? I do...
... there must be a quite few people who do not want or need weather/programs/pictures/videos in the main menu...
... would be cool to work with people with a range of coding experience

Don't hold me to this as I know next to nothing about skinning. But I'm curious to learn, and while what I really want to work on is a CDart mod. You can include me, not sure how far I'll get trying to learning how to skin. But I'm willing to give it a shot. Do you use AIM or Yahoo Messenger? If you want, send me a PM on here and maybe we could start something up. Perhaps there are some others on here who don't know skin are interested too. We could start up a n00b skinning group.

Hay, you gotta start somewhere right? Big Grin

- Hitcher - 2010-07-18

mcborzu Wrote:Easiest would be turning it into a fixed list rather than a hand-coded list...If you try to disable items in a hand coded list you have to deal with a bunch of conditionals and a bunch of animation positioning. In a regular list (fixed, wraplist, panel) XBMC does it for you.

Actually I think Hitcher might have been thinking about this cause as I type I remember him asking about multi-images in a List...

Yep, and I spent 2 or 3 days trying to get it working that way (recoding from scratch) but the multi-images wouldn't work in the unfocused panels (they simply displayed the focused ones). On top of that the animations never looked as good either. Scraped the lot the in the end and recoded it the original way but managed to slim down the code.

Right those of you who want to tackle this here's what you've got to look for.

PHP Code:
    <include name="Animation_HomeSlide">
        <!-- 
Apps -->
        <
animation effect="slide" end="1050,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(1)">Conditional</animation>
        <!-- 
Videos -->
        <
animation effect="slide" end="700,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(2)">Conditional</animation>
        <!-- 
Music -->
        <
animation effect="slide" end="350,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(3) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="700,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(3) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">Conditional</animation>
        <!-- 
Movies -->
        <
animation effect="slide" end="0,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(4) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="350,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(4) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">Conditional</animation>
        <!-- 
TV shows -->
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-350,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(5) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="0,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(5) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">Conditional</animation>
        <!-- 
Pictures -->
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-700,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(6) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-350,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(6) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">Conditional</animation>
        <!-- 
Weather -->
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-1050,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(7) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-700,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(7) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-700,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(7) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-350,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(7) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">Conditional</animation>
        <!-- 
Settings -->
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-1400,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(8) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-1050,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(8) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-1050,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(8) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-1050,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(8) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-700,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(8) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-700,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(8) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-700,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(8) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" end="-350,0" time="300" condition="Container(300).HasFocus(8) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">Conditional</animation>
    </include> 

PHP Code:
                <description>Movies</description>
                <include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">pos700</include>
                <include 
condition="!Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">pos1050</include>
                <
posy>0</posy>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(4) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="1235,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(4) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="885,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation

PHP Code:
                <description>TV Shows</description>
                <include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">pos1050</include>
                <include 
condition="!Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">pos1400</include>
                <
posy>0</posy>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(5) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="1585,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(5) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="1235,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation

PHP Code:
                <description>Pictures</description>
                <include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">pos1400</include>
                <include 
condition="!Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">pos1750</include>
                <
posy>0</posy>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(6) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="1935,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(6) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="1585,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation

PHP Code:
                <description>Weather</description>
                <include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">pos1400</include>
                <include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">pos1750</include>
                <include 
condition="!Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">pos1750</include>
                <include 
condition="!Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">pos2100</include>
                <
posy>0</posy>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(7) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="2285,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(7) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="1935,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(7) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">
                    <
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(7) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures)">
                    <
                </
animation

- Hitcher - 2010-07-18

PHP Code:
                <description>Settings</description>
                <include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">pos1400</include>
                <include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">pos2100</include>
                <include 
condition="!Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">pos2100</include>
                <include 
condition="!Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">pos2100</include>
                <include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">pos1750</include>
                <include 
condition="!Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">pos1750</include>
                <include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">pos1750</include>
                <include 
condition="!Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">pos2450</include>
                <
posy>0</posy>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(8) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="2635,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(8) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="2285,160" tween="sine" easing="in" time="200" start="100" end="80" />
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(8) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">
                    <
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(8) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">
                    <
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(8) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + !Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">
                    <
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(8) + !Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">
                    <
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(8) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + !Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">
                    <
                </
animation>
                <
animation type="conditional" condition="!Container(300).HasFocus(8) + Skin.HasSetting(novideos) + Skin.HasSetting(nopictures) + Skin.HasSetting(noweather)">
                    <
                </
animation

PHP Code:
    <include name="pos350">
        <
posx>350</posx>
    </include>
    <include 
name="pos700">
        <
posx>700</posx>
    </include>
    <include 
name="pos1050">
        <
posx>1050</posx>
    </include>
    <include 
name="pos1400">
        <
posx>1400</posx>
    </include>
    <include 
name="pos1750">
        <
posx>1750</posx>
    </include>
    <include 
name="pos2100">
        <
posx>2100</posx>
    </include>
    <include 
name="pos2450">
        <
posx>2450</posx>
    </include> 

There's even too much code for one post. Rolleyes

- meridius - 2010-07-18

is there a way to make the info on the tvshow auto scroll as there seems to be some missing info on some tv show info when selected

cheers

- Hitcher - 2010-07-18

You mean like 'Scroll Plot'?