Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- meridius - 2010-07-19

Hitcher Wrote:You mean like 'Scroll Plot'?

yes

cheers

- kjuu - 2010-07-19

Hitcher, love your skin and have been using its a couple of weeks.

But, there seems to be a small bug when using the swedish translation (I know that none of the alaska revisited strings arent translated yet). When using the normal xbmc swedish translation, when trying to sort items (in movies/series lists) the sorting text seems to be missing. I checked the files and tried to compare the swedish/english strings but couldn't find anything that would correct it.

Could you please try it out and maybe guide me in the right direction what could be missing?

Have screenshots but its on my HTPC so I can add them later.

Big thanks for all your time and support anyway!

edit: one more question, the fire-icon for the five newest movies, is it not implemented in the revisited?

- Hitcher - 2010-07-19

You'll need a translation of the skin's language file for those labels to work but translations are welcome.

Here's the string.xml -

http://skin-alaska-revisited.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/language/English/strings.xml

And I dropped the newest movies icon.

- kjuu - 2010-07-19

ok, I've translated the ones I use (not music/pictures) but it doesn't work anyway. I'll send them to you later (on my HTPC) so you can try it out Smile

btw, locally edited strings.xml get removed on update?

I run xbmc in portable mode, all the data in the userdata-folder should be ok? keymap in particular...

- Sinnocence - 2010-07-19

Hitcher - stupid question for you, I can't seem to find some of the icons used in your skin. For example
Code:
<texture diffuse="home/homematte.png" fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/movies/movies.jpg">$INFO[Container(402).ListItem.ActualIcon]</texture>
would indicate to me that I should look for the image in the skin.Alaska-Revisited\extras\backdrops\movies\ folder but not only does the folder not exist the movies.jpg file doesn't exist in the skin directory (or sub-directories). I thought there might be an xpr or xbt file but I don't seem to have one of those either.

So, the stupid question, where are you hiding the image resources? Huh

- strict9 - 2010-07-19

Hello, loving this mod of the skin. Sorry if I missed something obvious, but unlike the original Alaska, when I click Update Library it doesn't show me the status of what's being updated. Is there any fix for this? Thanks!

- Hitcher - 2010-07-19

Sinnocence Wrote:Hitcher - stupid question for you, I can't seem to find some of the icons used in your skin. For example
Code:
<texture diffuse="home/homematte.png" fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/movies/movies.jpg">$INFO[Container(402).ListItem.ActualIcon]</texture>
would indicate to me that I should look for the image in the skin.Alaska-Revisited\extras\backdrops\movies\ folder but not only does the folder not exist the movies.jpg file doesn't exist in the skin directory (or sub-directories). I thought there might be an xpr or xbt file but I don't seem to have one of those either.

So, the stupid question, where are you hiding the image resources? Huh
Where did you get skin.Alaska-Revisited from?

If you're running the official version from the repo then it'll be called skin.alaska.revisited and those folders most certainly are there.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-19

strict9 Wrote:Hello, loving this mod of the skin. Sorry if I missed something obvious, but unlike the original Alaska, when I click Update Library it doesn't show me the status of what's being updated. Is there any fix for this? Thanks!
IT'S NOT A MOD! Sad

This is an entirely separate skin built from the basics up and has taken considerably longer than the other Alaska to finish, polish and perfect.

And it does show the status.

- Sinnocence - 2010-07-20

Hitcher Wrote:Where did you get skin.Alaska-Revisited from?

If you're running the official version from the repo then it'll be called skin.alaska.revisited and those folders most certainly are there.

It's possible that I renamed the folder, but I pulled it from SVN source (and updated yesterday with several changes so it's definitely alive and kicking). I'll add via the repo later and see if they appear.

What I found odd about their absence was that, the skin worked fine - no missing graphics/etc. Huh

Thanks Hitcher.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-20

I've said it before but -

Hitcher Wrote:Always update through the Add-on repo (that's what it's there for after all) as the SVN is just my personal back-up.

EDIT: I've changed the first post to reflect the fact that the SVN is for development purposes only, so unless you know what you're doing and need to mod things please don't use it.

It really doesn't help me try and fix problems when you're using the wrong version.

- Stranger - 2010-07-20

quebert Wrote:Don't hold me to this as I know next to nothing about skinning. But I'm curious to learn. Perhaps there are some others on here who don't know skin are interested too. We could start up a n00b skinning group.

- strict9 - 2010-07-20

Hitcher Wrote:IT'S NOT A MOD! Sad

This is an entirely separate skin built from the basics up and has taken considerably longer than the other Alaska to finish polish and perfect.

And it does show the status.

Eek! Sorry! I do know it was built from the ground up, just didn't use the right word there Smile

So I see from the screenshot that the function certainly does seem to exist, but when I go to Movies or TV, goto the context menu, and click Update Library, I don't see any status there. I made sure I'm running the most recent version of the skin as well. Any ideas?

- Hitcher - 2010-07-20

strict9 Wrote:Eek! Sorry! I do know it was built from the ground up, just didn't use the right word there Smile

So I see from the screenshot that the function certainly does seem to exist, but when I go to Movies or TV, goto the context menu, and click Update Library, I don't see any status there. I made sure I'm running the most recent version of the skin as well. Any ideas?
Have you enabled 'Always update library in background' by any chance?

- Hitcher - 2010-07-20

DR. Stranger Wrote:A newbie skinning section would be cool... somewhere beginners and experienced Skinners could post accounts/tutorials of how they achieved something, however simple. New Skinners could post questions without clogging up other threads and the skin development section, giving more experienced Skinners a chance to help when they have the time instead of being bombarded with the most basic query's. Overtime it would become a great resource for searching.

It already exists -

Skin Help and Support

GUI and Web skins/themes suggestions and support (help) for all XBMC end-users

- Sinnocence - 2010-07-20

Hitcher Wrote:I've said it before but -

EDIT: I've changed the first post to reflect the fact that the SVN is for development purposes only, so unless you know what you're doing and need to mod things please don't use it.

It really doesn't help me try and fix problems when you're using the wrong version.

I've been using SVN since before the repo was available - since I had no need to come back to the forum I was unaware a repo existed until I had a problem.