Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- h3llsp4wn - 2010-07-24

Regarding the disappearance of the background images from SVN:

What I did, I checked out an older revision to a different folder (r32 for example) and copied the backdrops from that version to the extras folder from the new one.

I guess Hitcher forgot to "move" them to the extras folder in SVN, so newer full checkouts are missing them ...

h3ll

- butchabay - 2010-07-24

quebert Wrote:I'm puzzled now, after deleting my thumbnail cache I was having problems with my landscape and banner images coming up. So I ran XBMC in portable mode, re-added my tv show directory, and still aren't seeing any. I was seeing them before I deleted the cache fine. portable mode should have made a totally new userdata directory so I'm not understanding how they're not showing up. I have banner.jpg and landscape.jpg in my TV show directories the exact same as before. Tried updating to the latest SVN, no change.

ideas?

*EDIT* ok, I rebooted and in portable mode I'm getting landscape & banners now, but regular mode still coming up blank. Oh well I think I'll stick to portable mode.

same problem, no landscape images are to see. Tried other skins and everything is ok.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-24

ClayM Wrote:After a recent pull from SVN, all of the home screen images have disappeared. Any idea what's up with that? Everything else seems to work fine.

h3llsp4wn Wrote:Regarding the disappearance of the background images from SVN:

What I did, I checked out an older revision to a different folder (r32 for example) and copied the backdrops from that version to the extras folder from the new one.

I guess Hitcher forgot to "move" them to the extras folder in SVN, so newer full checkouts are missing them ...

h3ll
You shouldn't be using the SVN unless you're modding.
butchabay Wrote:same problem, no landscape images are to see. Tried other skins and everything is ok.
They're definitely named correctly?

- quebert - 2010-07-24

Hitcher Wrote:They're definitely named correctly?

Mine are, banner.jpg for banners and landscape.jpg for the landscapes, in the root folder for each TV show. They show up in portable mode, and until yesterday showed up in full mode. I'm not sure if deleting the cache had anything to do with it, but all of them for both banners and landscape are blank in full mode now. I've deleted the thumbnail cache 3 times, removed the sources, re-added, restarted XBMC, same thing. I don't see a downside to using portable mode so I'm going to stick with it. I cannot speak for the other dude who's images aren't showing up, but my structure's definitely spot on.

- ClayM - 2010-07-24

Did not using SVN change recently? Anyway, this keeps itself auto-update right?

- Hitcher - 2010-07-24

Deleting the cache wont do anything as those images aren't stored in the thumbnails folder.

- quebert - 2010-07-24

Hitcher Wrote:Deleting the cache wont do anything as those images aren't stored in the thumbnails folder.

Then maybe it was something that happened when it updated to 1.16, your guess is as good as mine. It's weird how poster mode still works, even more strange is how it works in portable mode. But I'm not the expert skinner here you are so I'm just going to have to guess since nobody else except 1 person has mentioned this. We're just having bad luck.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-24

Poster will work because it's using the standard scraped thumbnails.

The only thing I can think of is that you've got different versions in your user folders (which are in different locations depending on your install method).

- Spaggi - 2010-07-24

Hey Hitcher, I don't wanna be annoying, but have you considered this?

Quote:I really like what you did with the submenus, how you can add plugins there. One thing I want to do is to seperate my movie collection to several submenus (like Documentaries, Splatter movies, Movies for my gf).

Is there any possibility that smart playlists or video sources could be mapped to the submenus?

- Ram2000 - 2010-07-25

Hitcher's Could you tell me witch XML file controls the view type Square in music I cant for the life of me figure out which it is.
thanks

- mudstuff - 2010-07-26

Noob question, how do you get fanart working under music in Alaska? I've just started adding fanart to my music as fanart.jpg but they're not showing and the "get fanart" option is greyed out on the menu too...

EDIT: Is it possible to add a "select movieset fanart" in addition to the thumb option?

I have quite a few movie sets and use EMM. When adding to XBMC though, it tends to grab the first one in the set by name, no matter what the sort title information says - for my Fast and The Furious set, for example, it uses 2F2F and for Star Wars it uses Episode I. I can't seem to figure this out so would love to be able to select the fanart as well as the thumb.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-26

You'll need to be in Artists mode to 'Get Fanart'.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-26

Ram2000 Wrote:Hitcher's Could you tell me witch XML file controls the view type Square in music I cant for the life of me figure out which it is.
thanks

There is no 'Square' viewtype.

- Ram2000 - 2010-07-26

Hitcher Wrote:There is no 'Square' viewtype.

My bad so many skins on the go at once its in BIG Alsaka and is listed as - but not needed now thanks for the reply.

- mudstuff - 2010-07-27

Hitcher Wrote:You'll need to be in Artists mode to 'Get Fanart'.
Thanks Hitcher, sussed it out before your post but much appreciated.

Any comment on "set movieset fanart" in addition to the thumb option - would this be straightforward? Happy to have a go myself with some guidance.