Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2010-08-05

1. You can only turn off Apps in the other Home views not the default.

2. Didn't add them because it should be obvious there are more available.

3. Add bluray to the video file name.

4. DVD should show up if it's one of the following images - .iso, .img or .ifo

- meridius - 2010-08-05

Hitcher Wrote:1. You can only turn off Apps in the other Home views not the default.

2. Didn't add them because it should be obvious there are more available.

3. Add bluray to the video file name.

4. DVD should show up if it's one of the following images - .iso, .img or .ifo

thanks

what about mkv files can you add mkv to the file name and it will say mkv ? what other names work.

alot of my dvds are mkvs is there no way of doing a cript to put dvd in the name to make them sow up as dvds ?

thanks

- Hitcher - 2010-08-05

Then they're not really DVDs are they?

- meridius - 2010-08-05

Hitcher Wrote:Then they're not really DVDs are they?

i know what you mean but i dont compress dvds as mkv is just a container. even full ripped blurays are normaly mkvs as xbmc does not support bluray iso so even then blurays are not blurays but you have used the filename to make sure it comes up as a bluray.

so all my dvd colection are mkvs. i normaly have my collection like this

mkv uncompressed bluray rips = bluray i know this is full quality
mkv compressed bluray = mkv i know this is a bluray compressed
mkv uncompresed dvd rips = DVD i know these are dvd quality.

just becasue theres no dvd menus does not mean its not dvd quality just that theres no menus.

not to bothered about compressed blurays as these would come up as h264 instead of bluray and divx come up as divx its just that i would like my riped full quality dvds to come up as dvds when in a mkv container.

would it be best to use a .ifo file in each movie folder to make it work better the wya i want and if so what is the best way of doing this ?

thanks for helping out by the way dont need to be a pain but its just a thought.

also how you getting on with the welo skin thta looks quality have to say your 2 skins are about teh best i have seen.

why can i not remove apps in that skin view i am sure you could do this on other alaska skins ?

cheers

- meridius - 2010-08-06

how do you get the movie info to work correctly when i pick i am legend it does not give you the movie maker its just a ? as this movie is released as WB.

also it does not give you a rating.

and for some reason with mkv dvd rips it does not give you the 576p or 480p res it used to in the old alaska skin ?

what is the best scraper to use for movies as the built in one does not seem to get all the info for the movies ?

thanks

- steelman1991 - 2010-08-06

The ? is I believe because the scraper has downloaded more than 1 studio eg Warner Bros/Universal. In all movies where more than 1 studio is downloaded, the ? will appear. Only option is to check the nfo - either generate by exporting db to folders using xbmc and amend the nfo or use a 3rd party app to control what appears in the nfo.

- meridius - 2010-08-06

just found out it was moviedb scraper it does not have the studio info for many films so i changed it to imdb scraper in xbmc and it gets the studio info now well 97% of them.

figured out how to make my dvd mkvs come up as dvd i just put dvdrip in the naming of the movie abit like putting bluray in the movie title to get it to display the bluray logo.

just need to figure out how to get the movie res to show right i dont know if you cna add this to the name of the movie as i have trid but nothing works even mkv can not tell you which i am suprised as 1080 or 720 res is showing i would of thought 576 or 480 in mkvs would show the logo but it does not. bugger

Shading color - NiklasK - 2010-08-06

Can anybody help me out how to mod the colors a bit. I´m trying to replace the red-ish sort of background shade in Revisited to the original grey-ish used in the original Alaska.

I've looked a bit at the colors xml but cant seem to fins the correct parameter to edit.

/Niklas

- meridius - 2010-08-06

hi all is there an option to remove the top left corner box art reflection when you select a show or movie .

cheers

- jjthefox - 2010-08-06

NiklasK Wrote:Can anybody help me out how to mod the colors a bit. I´m trying to replace the red-ish sort of background shade in Revisited to the original grey-ish used in the original Alaska.

I've looked a bit at the colors xml but cant seem to fins the correct parameter to edit.

/Niklas

Look in the extra directory under filters. (<user...>\xmbc\addons\alaska.revisited\extras\filters
You find a set of PNG image files that are used.
You can edit these (easiest way to load into photoshop and shange the Hue a bit). Look to my Ice Cube icons, where also the background is more icy than pinky in the lower left corner : IceCubes for Alaska

- meridius - 2010-08-07

I have some mkvs with 1080 and 720 and 576 and 480 res. when i select a mkv with 720 or 1080 it shows the right res icon for these mkvs but if i select a mkv that has 576 or 480 in the mkv container it just shows "?".

does xbmc not support dvd rip to mkv res info and if it does how do you get it working

it seems to work if the video file in the mkv is a dvd compressed x264 format but if its mpeg dvd it can not get the info

thanks

oh also is tehre any guides on how to name your files to get flags to work i know if you name your files wiht bluray the bluray flag shows and if you have DVD in the name the dvd flag shows and the same for HDTV and XVID is there a guide that teels you all the options

cheers

- meridius - 2010-08-07

whats the best size for the landscape.jpg for the landscape view and wide view for top quality and speed and the same for the poster view

whats best to use folder.jpg or movie.tbn ?

thanks

thanks

- crwhite2 - 2010-08-08

this is mildly retarded, but I can't for the life of me get xbmc to recognize my music folder. It scans everything and gets all of the info, but then says i have zero items in my library. Any advice as how to set up my music folder?

- kjuu - 2010-08-08

Hitcher Wrote:You'll need a translation of the skin's language file for those labels to work but thranslations are welcome.

Here's the string.xml -

http://skin-alaska-revisited.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/language/English/strings.xml

I've tried to use the strings and have successfully translated the ones that I use (about half of them) but my guess is that there is something wrong with xbmc's regular swedish translation when using the alaska revisited.

When choosing which sorting option (up on movies/series view) the text i missing and all the other texts are shifted to the left. Looks weird and it seems that some text is missing but I still have the same problem when using the strings-file you posted.

If you have the time, just switch to swedish and see for yourself.

thanks!

- Hitcher - 2010-08-08

meridius Wrote:whats the best size for the landscape.jpg for the landscape view and wide view for top quality and speed and the same for the poster view

whats best to use folder.jpg or movie.tbn ?

thanks

thanks

See first post.