Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- meridius - 2010-08-20

Hitcher Wrote:That's by design to indicate it's an HDTV episode (the same will happen if you have 'hdtv' in the file name). If you don't like the HDTV flag then simply rename your files.

thanks, but i know files which are named with HDTV in the name of the file the HDTV flag will show but this flag should not show when you do not have HDTV in the file name and have (web) in the name which it does as having the word (web) in the file name also makes the HDTV flag show.

When having (web) in the name of the files can not be by design to indicate it's an HDTV ? Web is a word Should have nothing to do with te flag HDTV

I dont want to have to rename my files to remove (web) in the file name to stop the HDTV flag coming on this is a bug as other skins do not do this.

I don't have HDTV in my file name at all but I found out it was the word (web) that also makes the HDTV flag show.

So what happens if I have lots of files with the word (web) in it I will have to remove it so the flag shows right, this can not be done as this is the correct file name for that show.

Somthing in your skin is making the HDTV logo flag to come on whn u use the word (web) in the file names.

I only use the HDTV in my names when I need to but remove it when I don't want it

try it put web in any file name Without HDTV in the file name and the HDTV flag will show even if there HDTV name is not in the file name.

Like I say other skins don't do this as well as your older skin

cheers

- Hitcher - 2010-08-20

Sorry, I didn't read the file name properly before and I can see the problem now.

It was added because lots of TV shows downloads are also web based and have WEB-DL in the name instead of HDTV.

What I'll do is change it to look for web-dl and not simply web.

- meridius - 2010-08-20

Hitcher Wrote:Sorry, I didn't read the file name properly before and I can see the problem now.

It was added because lots of TV shows downloads are also web based and have WEB-DL in the name instead of HDTV.

No probs mate, I am suprised I even spoted it.

I will see what I can pick at next, lol

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-08-20

Hey Hitcher,

First off, great skin.... i'm loving it

I have just one question/request.

Is it possible to have your fanart appear on the "Movies" & "TV Shows" individual windows on the homepage?

I know you can select a folder for the images to rotate through, but i wondered if it could just rotate through my fanart by default?

You may have already considered this and written it off, but i just wondered.

Thanks

- Hitcher - 2010-08-20

Just select the fanart folder but note that XBMC doesn't separate Movies and TV Shows.

- furii - 2010-08-20

Hitcher Wrote:Sorry, I didn't read the file name properly before and I can see the problem now.

where which xml file and line is this on? i'd like to change it back to pulling up the h264 tag instead of hdtv. it was easier to differentiate files sourced from itunes rather than broadcast tv.

- meridius - 2010-08-21

just woundeing when the next update wil be out

cheers

- Hitcher - 2010-08-21

Updated today -

Added: Hide Profiles option

Changed: Removed Global_Background and replaced with <backgroundcolor> tags to speed up the skin
Added: WEB-DL media flag
Fixed: Plot overlap problem with Panel view

- alshain - 2010-08-22

Hey there

Been using this skin for the last two weeks now. It looks amazing PERIOD.

Still, I need to complain:
When you navigate in the default home view quickly, the items seem to jerk sideway, rather than flow.

How can I access the compilations? I can't seem to find it, although I was there once or twice using this skin. Although, I managed to get to the "classical" Music library overview, I can't tell how to reproduce that.

A bug: When browsing the library in music, It displays "Music Library\nArtist - Album\n# Items
But when you are on "* ALL ALBUMS", the lower two lines collapse.

- Tiny Clanger - 2010-08-22

Is anybody else having speed troubles with the install? I just upgraded my XBMC Live from 9.11 to the current SVN (mainly so I could use Alaska Revisited) and the download has been stuck at 28% for nearly ten minutes now! Is there any way to "kick" the download and get it to continue?

I've already aborted and restarted once after it stuck at 17%. At this rate Dharma will be released before it finishes downloading Wink

(If I manually install, will I be able to auto-update in the future, or will I be stuck with 1.2.5 until I set aside a couple of days to pull via SVN?)

Thanks

Edit: manual install worked once I remembered to put it in the addons folder rather than skins! Couple of bugs, though:

1. Clicking on Get More in Music Add-ons doesn't go to Get More. Instead it jumps to the next playing track.
  2. Get Thumb and Get Fanart in Movies just produce a blank window rather than a list of thumbs. I had to go back to Confluence to fix a couple of erroneous thumb scrapes. (Admittedly the first post recommends EMM or similar since you need extra images that the scraper won't get, but this should probably still work...)

- meridius - 2010-08-22

hi all

has anyone noticed a littile bit of corruption on the tv shows episode thumbs landscape view ?

if you look at some of the thumbs that are not selected it has littile bits of line son the thumbs at the edges of the box but when you highlight it they go away.

now somtimes this does not happen and somtiles it does has anyone noticed this ? remember its not the highlited thumb in landscape view its the pics at each side of it, just the odd time theres littile bits or wiered lines.

and if you change the view or go back out and in then its fixed but if you somtimes go to other tv shows it comes back, a very strange one

- TheSwede1970 - 2010-08-23

Seen in a couple of screenshots that they have cover of movie or series when paused. Is this feature available in this or is it an addon. Seen it as an addon before somwhere on this forum, but would that work with this version? Would love the clearart addon too if it works with this...

- Hitcher - 2010-08-23

Just press 'i' when playing a video.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-23

Added: New Default Home layout (hide any item/s)
Added: Music and Video Root buttons
Updated: 576 flag

- Hitcher - 2010-08-23

alshain Wrote:Hey there

Been using this skin for the last two weeks now. It looks amazing PERIOD.

Still, I need to complain:
When you navigate in the default home view quickly, the items seem to jerk sideway, rather than flow.

How can I access the compilations? I can't seem to find it, although I was there once or twice using this skin. Although, I managed to get to the "classical" Music library overview, I can't tell how to reproduce that.

A bug: When browsing the library in music, It displays "Music Library\nArtist - Album\n# Items
But when you are on "* ALL ALBUMS", the lower two lines collapse.
Added a 'Root' button to Music and Movies so you can access all the various views for each.

Fixed the overlap problem.
Tiny Clanger Wrote:Is anybody else having speed troubles with the install? I just upgraded my XBMC Live from 9.11 to the current SVN (mainly so I could use Alaska Revisited) and the download has been stuck at 28% for nearly ten minutes now! Is there any way to "kick" the download and get it to continue?

I've already aborted and restarted once after it stuck at 17%. At this rate Dharma will be released before it finishes downloading Wink

(If I manually install, will I be able to auto-update in the future, or will I be stuck with 1.2.5 until I set aside a couple of days to pull via SVN?)

Thanks

Edit: manual install worked once I remembered to put it in the addons folder rather than skins! Couple of bugs, though:

1. Clicking on Get More in Music Add-ons doesn't go to Get More. Instead it jumps to the next playing track.
  2. Get Thumb and Get Fanart in Movies just produce a blank window rather than a list of thumbs. I had to go back to Confluence to fix a couple of erroneous thumb scrapes. (Admittedly the first post recommends EMM or similar since you need extra images that the scraper won't get, but this should probably still work...)
There is no 'Get More' button - try updating XBMC.

Sounds like you have a bad install - re-download through the repo.
meridius Wrote:hi all

has anyone noticed a littile bit of corruption on the tv shows episode thumbs landscape view ?

if you look at some of the thumbs that are not selected it has littile bits of line son the thumbs at the edges of the box but when you highlight it they go away.

now somtimes this does not happen and somtiles it does has anyone noticed this ? remember its not the highlited thumb in landscape view its the pics at each side of it, just the odd time theres littile bits or wiered lines.

and if you change the view or go back out and in then its fixed but if you somtimes go to other tv shows it comes back, a very strange one
Never seen it myself, got any pics?