Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- snowdude - 2010-08-23

Thanks for the update Hitcher.

I have one question regarding the CDart feature... When there is no album art present, the CDart animation looks pretty bad. In this case, the Alaska default album art image is used which shows a white disc on a transparent background which does not cover the rotating disc properly.

Could you please consider this for one of your next updates?

- Hitcher - 2010-08-23

Fixed, thanks.

- snowdude - 2010-08-23

Cool. Thanks.

I have one more thing though: I am not able to hide the new "video root" entry in the home menu ("music root" works). The same thing happens for "add-ons settings" under "apps". Whatever I select in the sub menu options, these two items will always show up.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-23

Typo - fixed for next update.

- h3llsp4wn - 2010-08-23

Hi Hitcher,

the new functionality introduced in

Added: New Default Home layout (hide any item/s)

is working but there seems to be a bug in the image display - when I pick a folder for music, movies etc. no image is being displayed on the menu. Switching back to the old homepage works, but will not give your new functionality - I gave it a try as I had my own homepage mod. Maybe you can check it.

Even the fallback image is missing in display - maybe the list items are not set as you seem to have changed it from imagepath tag to texture tag.

Best regards,

h3ll

- meridius - 2010-08-23

meridius Wrote:hi all

has anyone noticed a littile bit of corruption on the tv shows episode thumbs landscape view ?

if you look at some of the thumbs that are not selected it has littile bits of line son the thumbs at the edges of the box but when you highlight it they go away.

now somtimes this does not happen and somtiles it does has anyone noticed this ? remember its not the highlited thumb in landscape view its the pics at each side of it, just the odd time theres littile bits or wiered lines.

and if you change the view or go back out and in then its fixed but if you somtimes go to other tv shows it comes back, a very strange one

hi mate here some pics

as you can see from this picture errors in the thumbs i dont understand how this is happening ? also it happens in your normal alaska skin but i have tried the big alaska from a modder and it does not happen on that modded skin which is strange.

i dont know what the difference is between teh big alaska to your normal alaska and alaska revisited but i do know it does not do it on the big alaska but just on your 2 skins.

but the highlighted middile picture does not get it, it removes that mark and then when you scroll past it the mark comes back on. there not on all the time i just can not figure it out or get it to do it on the big alaska

stange one

oh also just updated to your latest build and the home screen icon pictures are missing all blank squares

- Hitcher - 2010-08-23

h3llsp4wn Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

the new functionality introduced in

Added: New Default Home layout (hide any item/s)

is working but there seems to be a bug in the image display - when I pick a folder for music, movies etc. no image is being displayed on the menu. Switching back to the old homepage works, but will not give your new functionality - I gave it a try as I had my own homepage mod. Maybe you can check it.

Even the fallback image is missing in display - maybe the list items are not set as you seem to have changed it from imagepath tag to texture tag.

Best regards,

h3ll
I can't reproduce it here, sorry.

Have you tried rebooting XBMC?

- Hitcher - 2010-08-23

meridius Wrote:hi mate here some pics

as you can see from this picture errors in the thumbs i dont understand how this is happening ? also it happens in your normal alaska skin but i have tried the big alaska from a modder and it does not happen on that modded skin which is strange.

i dont know what the difference is between teh big alaska to your normal alaska and alaska revisited but i do know it does not do it on the big alaska but just on your 2 skins.

but the highlighted middile picture does not get it, it removes that mark and then when you scroll past it the mark comes back on. there not on all the time i just can not figure it out or get it to do it on the big alaska

stange one

oh also just updated to your latest build and the home screen icon pictures are missing all blank squares
Does it only happen on Watched episodes? If so it sounds like a texture loading problem.

- meridius - 2010-08-23

Hitcher Wrote:Does it only happen on Watched episodes? If so it sounds like a texture loading problem.

it happens on both watched and none watched but it does not seem to be a problem at all on the big alaska with the same landscape view but on your revisited and normal alaska it happens

also theres a problem with your home screen theres no default picture been displayed in the boxes there just empty this is on the latest build of your skin this just happend as i just updated it today.

i just updated to the latest svn build of xbmc and it fixed your empty home screen menu boxs with your latest rel skin but theres a problem with the latest build of xbmc as you can not select the right covers for the tv shows. the tv shows screen has the posters for the tv shows but also has the same picture for the season 1 but if you change season 1 picture using the set season picture it then changes the tv show screen poster to the same picture so tv show picture and season 1 picture is always the same so i had to go back to an older build. do you get this problem ?

your skin home screen does not seem to work with older builds as the boxes are empty no picture.

oh and the corrupt thumbs for the tv shows are still happening in the latest xbox build to as i thought it might of been that

cheers

- h3llsp4wn - 2010-08-23

@Hitcher:

A fresh compile of xbmc did the trick - sorry.

Only thing that I experience now is that moving through the menu will switch the background image each time you move - I think that behaviour was different before ... but maybe I've been sitting for to long now in front of the htpc ...

Big Grin

h3ll

- alshain - 2010-08-23

Ok, the music root works great. but the "video root" takes me to the file view.

Any idea as for that jerking icons problem?

What exactly should the new home layout do? All items hidden by default? everything seems like before, except that the items are "empty"

- Hitcher - 2010-08-23

h3llsp4wn Wrote:@Hitcher:

A fresh compile of xbmc did the trick - sorry.

Only thing that I experience now is that moving through the menu will switch the background image each time you move - I think that behaviour was different before ... but maybe I've been sitting for to long now in front of the htpc ...

Big Grin

h3ll
It only changes when you focus on a panel but that's simply because there are effectively two folder of images being used non-focused (itemlayout) and focused (focusedlayout) and there's nothing that can be done about that.
The old style is still available so you've just got to weigh up what you want most.
alshain Wrote:Ok, the music root works great. but the "video root" takes me to the file view.

Any idea as for that jerking icons problem?

What exactly should the new home layout do? All items hidden by default? everything seems like before, except that the items are "empty"
Video root takes me to my root -

Movies
TV Shows
Recently Added Movies
Recently Added Episodes
Playlists
Video Add-ons

The 'jerking' is just animations nothing I can do about it.

To use the new Home layout you'll need yesterdays nightly build (33035) as multiimage cotrols in lists were only added then.

- meridius - 2010-08-24

what build you using hitcher as i can not get the posters to work prop in the latest xbmc build or the 2nd last one the season poster is always the same as the tv show poster and if you set the season thumb it changes the tv show poster to i just can not get it to have 2 different pictures

- meridius - 2010-08-24

ok this must be a bug in the xbmc or the skins

as
xbmc-r33035-Dharma.exe
xbmc-r33040-Dharma.exe

does not work you can not set the seasons pictures at all in them builds it just does not work but

xbmc-r33004-Dharma.exe does work this is the last build i cna get to work to get the artwork to work with my tv shows if you select a tv show and select info to get the info all the pictures and artwork are right but in the other 2 builds i have said above just do not work.

which brings me to another problem that the home screen of the alaska skin does not work unless youu have

xbmc-r33035-Dharma.exe
xbmc-r33040-Dharma.exe

so this is a problem i dont know if its the skin or the xbmc build

does this help

- furii - 2010-08-24

meridius Wrote:ok this must be a bug in the xbmc or the skins

as
xbmc-r33035-Dharma.exe
xbmc-r33040-Dharma.exe

does not work you can not set the seasons pictures at all in them builds it just does not work but

xbmc-r33004-Dharma.exe does work this is the last build i cna get to work to get the artwork to work with my tv shows if you select a tv show and select info to get the info all the pictures and artwork are right but in the other 2 builds i have said above just do not work.

which brings me to another problem that the home screen of the alaska skin does not work unless youu have

xbmc-r33035-Dharma.exe
xbmc-r33040-Dharma.exe

so this is a problem i dont know if its the skin or the xbmc build

does this help

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/33059